Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 673

Thread: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You misunderstand my intentions. You can read through all my posts on abortion if you want and almost nothing about it has changed. I admittedly trolled one thread a year and half ago or so humoring the idea of laws on the matter, but I do not actually favor such a thing. I simply can not endorse the act and if I speak of it I will always speak against it as it is a blatant violation of human rights.
    So, your POV is that abortion is wrong but you would not support criminalizing it? If so, I have no heartburn with that -- I don't think I'd have aborted if I had gotten pregnant after my divorce, as I had the resources to adequately raise another child. So I do not think abortion is morally correct in every case, either.

    As long as we agree that ONLY the pregnant woman should decide what HER morals dictate, we agree.

  2. #332
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    *Sighs*

    Imma try once more to school you. You in law school, RabidAlpaca? If so, you need to master this **** before you take your finals.

    Intent is a question as to the criminal act, and the consequences of that act may result in heavier charges even if the criminal did not foresee, desire or plan to cause them.

    Manslaughter is a term used in some state homicide laws, but not all, and denotes a level of intent that usually resembles negligence, such as forgetting the baby is in the car and allowing it to be cooked to death in the summer heat.

    Murder One is premeditated murder. If I stalk you and hit you on the head with my purse, and you die because you have a defective skull I knew nothing about I am guilty of Murder One because the stalking and purse-bashing were intentional even if I can prove I did not intend to cause your death. IRL, on such facts, DAs will rarely if ever charge this heavily, but it is legally correct.
    So you don't have anything, no case examples, citations, nothing, to support your case that this should be tried different than every other murder/manslaughter trial?
    A prosecutor could charge someone with being an asshole, but that doesn't mean that it makes sense or falls within the realm of the law.

    I'm sorry, this is getting too stupid for me. I'm starting to realize why a lot of people around here don't enjoy debating with you. I'm out.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #333
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    An eggshell skull case refers to a case where the attacker is punished for the unintended consquences of his actions. You don't think being charged with manslaughter is being punished for that?
    uhmmmm you lost me, i dont understand what you are asking?

    Im fine with a manslaughter charge?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) obviously not since facts disagree with you
    2.) wrong again
    3.) never did one single time my stance as be the exact same this is you lying , you deflecting or you getting lost not me lMAO
    4.) yep
    5.) yep
    6.) 100% WRONG again, the mixture of words and thier meanings, logic, facts, reality and your opinion seem to get you in trouble a lot LOL I didnt move anything and the facts are just as sound when i first stated them. Your opinon as gain zero traction though.

    lets reflect
    Ii never wanted to kill HER.
    I never wanted to kill my DAUGHTER dead.
    I never WISHED HER dead.
    I never WISHED my DAUGHTER.

    these are all 100% fact and nothing you have said or cried about as even budged these facts one bit LMAO
    I have no idea how you think opinion can change these facts or why such simply facts are so hard for you to comprehend lol

    please stay on topic
    No one should EVER be placed in a position where they have to dispute that they'd kill their own child, just to debate abortion.

    Personalizing the debate in this way is horrifying to me, and I am deeply offended that it was done to you, Objective J.

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    uhmmmm you lost me, i dont understand what you are asking?

    Im fine with a manslaughter charge?
    Poor RabidAlpaca is confused about the application of intent in a homicide case.

  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So you don't have anything, no case examples, citations, nothing, to support your case that this should be tried different than every other murder/manslaughter trial?

    I'm sorry, this is getting too stupid for me. I'm starting to realize why people around here don't enjoy debating with you. I'm out.
    Manslaughter is a homicide charge, and in most states, it denotes that the killer's intent was negligence.

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    My own POV is that whether online or IRL, it is always morally wrong to bring anyone's family or love interest into an abortion debate, as if the people we love are just grist for the mill, all bets are off, we have no limits we'll impose on ourselves, etc. We are still civilized, decent people, Henrin, so act like it.


    I believe that is how the TOS here are interpreted as well, and this is at least the second time I have told you, your use of Objective J's family to make your point is grossly offensive to me.

    I expect you to behave like a civilized man, and I dunno why you aren't, but this crap seems out of character for you to me, so please -- knock it off.
    Ok Pinkie. I'm sorry.

  8. #338
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    No one should EVER be placed in a position where they have to dispute that they'd kill their own child, just to debate abortion.

    Personalizing the debate in this way is horrifying to me, and I am deeply offended that it was done to you, Objective J.
    thanks Pinkie but its no sweat really, its common place of certain posters to be uncivil, dishonest etc and im used to it. Its also no big deal since he was simply wrong and facts disagreed with him. While I agree its not the proper place to go I could never get offended or angry on a message board but hey, thats just me
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #339
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    uhmmmm you lost me, i dont understand what you are asking?

    Im fine with a manslaughter charge?
    I assumed you brought up the eggshell skull reference to try to state that people are responsible for unintended consequences.

    My response is: Of course they are, nobody claimed they weren't. That's why he'd be charged with manslaughter and not just rape.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #340
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I assumed you brought up the eggshell skull reference to try to state that people are responsible for unintended consequences.

    My response is: Of course they are, nobody claimed they weren't. That's why he'd be charged with manslaughter and not just rape.
    ooooooh, well yes and no, people are responsible for unintended consequences and i am fine with a manslaughter charge.

    I should have been more clear in my original question but thats why i used the word involuntary i was trying to point to involuntary manslaughter and i was simply including it in the murder charges.

    We were talking the same but different but the same lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •