Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 673

Thread: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

  1. #311
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    But it is possible, and common. And there is no way to tell which pregnancy will cause death.
    some how forcing another person to risk their life is somehow ok with some people, its laughable
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #312
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    But it is possible, and common. And there is no way to tell which pregnancy will cause death.
    Sure you can't say which women will die.
    Last edited by Henrin; 10-25-12 at 06:48 AM.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) sigh, there was no her nor did I wish her death thats a fact all your crying will never change lmao, repeat it agin 15 more times it will be as wronf as the first time you said it lol
    There is no reason to repeat it. Deny all you want. Its really a simply matter to understand.

    2.) my beliefs play no role here only facts
    Well what I said is factual so...

    3.) what???? you are just taling in circles now you definitely tried to tell me how i feel and you failed lol
    But I didn't base this on you being a good parent like you said I did. I commented on your parenting as a minor point only. In fact, I have no way to know if you are a good parent.

    4.) of course the ZEF was alive but facts deny your false premise and assumptions lol
    So you wanted to have it killed. Are you denying it?


    5.) i wanted my GF to abort the zygote
    She was quick to inform you then.

    6.) LMAO wow talk about a back pedal, once you were proved wrong you tried to redirect, FAIL and again, i never wanted my daughter killed LMAO. Thats only how you view it and nothing more.
    You have repeatedly admitted it and then denied it. The only problem here lies with you.

  4. #314
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    It is funny to see the GOP candidates in damage control mode and condemning this guy... all but Romney of course who still supports him....
    PeteEU

  5. #315
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Not a specific example, as abortion is legal here.

    Intent is a complex legal concept. The act must be intentional, although intent can be deliberate, gross negligence or just negligence. The criminal will face charges for all the consequences to his victim of the intentional act of rape.

    So, let's say I burgle your home whilst you are on vacation, and on my way out, I knock over an oil lamp and a loose wire starts a fire that burns the house down. Now, I obviously did not intend to commit arson BUT when I intentionally burgled, I am regarded, as a matter of criminal law, as "intending" all the direct consequences of my crime, even if they are ones I could not have predicted.

    Of course, IRL, crimes and criminals are more complex than a law school exam question, but that's the theory, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) good thing i didnt suggest that then huh? lol
    2.) uhm isnt man slaughter a murder charge even-though murder isnt in the title? thats what i mentioned "involuntary" but i could be wrong but i definitely meant to included it.
    until im told otherwise im ust going with my assumption, theres something called the "egg-shell" clause


    if i strike you with only the intent to harm you but you have some weird hair line fracture and you die, i definitely get charged with a type of murder (im including involuntary manslaughter)

    so in this case where the rapist clearly meant to cause the woman harm its illogical to me to not charge the rapist with murder
    The wiki on US law for murder has a pretty good breakdown. Although manslaughter is technically a special case of murder, it's not called murder because it's distinct from the fact that in manslaughter the perpetrator did not intend to kill the person. When I read the theoretical problem Objective J offered, I assume we're talking about a rape where the rapist does not physically injure the victim at the time. Let's say rufied.

    The rapist's intent was not to kill, but to rape. He had every intention of walking out of the room that night and both of them living out their lives. If the victim became pregnant, and as a result died from a complication from the pregnancy, it could most certainly be charged as manslaughter, but not murder, because the intent of the rapist was not to kill.

    Murder (United States law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Pinkie seems to keep droning on about how people are responsible for all harm caused to others. Of course you are. When you harm someone in any way you are responsible for that harm, but classifying it as something it isn't doesn't change that. In our legal system we have distinctions between intentional killings and unintentional ones. That's just the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #316
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)There is no reason to repeat it. Deny all you want. Its really a simply matter to understand.



    2.)Well what I said is factual so...



    3.)But I didn't base this on you being a good parent like you said I did. I commented on your parenting as a minor point only. In fact, I have no way to know if you are a good parent.



    4.)So you wanted to have it killed. Are you denying it?




    She was quick to inform you then.



    You have repeatedly admitted it and then denied it. The only problem here lies with you.
    1.) i agree it is simply to understand yet you simiply dont lol
    2.) nope wrong again lmao
    3.) parenting has nothing to do with you trying to tell me what I think, thats what i accused you off and you said you didnt, you are wrong yet again
    4.) yes i wanted the ZEF aborted
    5.) sorry i meant ZEF but to be specific it was a embryo at the time
    6.) wrong again now you are simply lying or to uneducated on the subject to realize what you are saying

    fact i never wanted to kill "her" or my "daughter" nor did i wish her or my daughter death lol
    Last edited by AGENT J; 10-25-12 at 06:57 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #317
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The wiki on US law for murder has a pretty good breakdown. Although manslaughter is technically a special case of murder, it's not called murder because it's distinct from the fact that in manslaughter the perpetrator did not intend to kill the person. When I read the theoretical problem Objective J offered, I assume we're talking about a rape where the rapist does not physically injure the victim at the time. Let's say rufied.

    The rapist's intent was not to kill, but to rape. He had every intention of walking out of the room that night and both of them living out their lives. If the victim became pregnant, and as a result died from a complication from the pregnancy, it could most certainly be charged as manslaughter, but not murder, because the intent of the rapist was not to kill.

    Murder (United States law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Pinkie seems to keep droning on about how people are responsible for all harm caused to others. Of course you are. When you harm someone in any way you are responsible for that harm, but classifying it as something it isn't doesn't change that. In our legal system we have distinctions between intentional killings and unintentional ones. That's just the way it is.
    i agree but like it said man slaughter is a type of murder and in that case these two definitely apply:

    What is an Eggshell Skull? | What is an Eggshell Plaintiff?
    Felony murder rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    so it seems to me since the intent was to harm or be negligent yes its murder/manslaughter
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The wiki on US law for murder has a pretty good breakdown. Although manslaughter is technically a special case of murder, it's not called murder because it's distinct from the fact that in manslaughter the perpetrator did not intend to kill the person. When I read the theoretical problem Objective J offered, I assume we're talking about a rape where the rapist does not physically injure the victim at the time. Let's say rufied.

    The rapist's intent was not to kill, but to rape. He had every intention of walking out of the room that night and both of them living out their lives. If the victim became pregnant, and as a result died from a complication from the pregnancy, it could most certainly be charged as manslaughter, but not murder, because the intent of the rapist was not to kill.

    Murder (United States law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Pinkie seems to keep droning on about how people are responsible for all harm caused to others. Of course you are. When you harm someone in any way you are responsible for that harm, but classifying it as something it isn't doesn't change that. In our legal system we have distinctions between intentional killings and unintentional ones. That's just the way it is.
    There is no crime of "unintentional murder". If the killer caused the death through negligence, it is STILL intentional, as negligence is a level of intent.

    Murder One might still be possible on the hypothetical you gave, as the rape was intentional and premeditated; ergo, all the consequences of the rape are also intentional and premeditated. IRL, I don't think any DA would charge that heavily, but it would be legally correct.


  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    There is no reason to repeat it. Deny all you want. Its really a simply matter to understand.



    Well what I said is factual so...



    But I didn't base this on you being a good parent like you said I did. I commented on your parenting as a minor point only. In fact, I have no way to know if you are a good parent.



    So you wanted to have it killed. Are you denying it?




    She was quick to inform you then.



    You have repeatedly admitted it and then denied it. The only problem here lies with you.
    Henrin, attacking Objective J's RL family is ABSOLUTELY WRONG and IMO, violates the TOS.

  10. #320
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    There is no crime of "unintentional murder". If the killer caused the death through negligence, it is STILL intentional, as negligence is a level of intent.

    Murder One might still be possible on the hypothetical you gave, as the rape was intentional and premeditated; ergo, all the consequences of the rape are also intentional and premeditated. IRL, I don't think any DA would charge that heavily, but it would be legally correct.

    You're right, there is no crime of unintentional murder, that's why they call it manslaughter, as I've been trying to beat through your head for the past several pages.

    Now you're trying to jump on Objective J's bandwagon that manslaughter and murder are the same thing, when all along we were arguing between which of the two it would be classified as.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    i agree but like it said man slaughter is a type of murder and in that case these two definitely apply:

    What is an Eggshell Skull? | What is an Eggshell Plaintiff?
    Felony murder rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    so it seems to me since the intent was to harm or be negligent yes its murder/manslaughter
    An eggshell skull case refers to a case where the attacker is punished for the unintended consquences of his actions. You don't think being charged with manslaughter is being punished for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •