Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 673

Thread: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I don't know the rules of the decency reservation. They're constantly changing and I stopped checking the notices a long time ago.



    I'm not attacking his family.
    Good to know -- it would certainly be out of character for you.

    BTW, I apologize for my earlier "don't be an asshole" post.

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    The Euro-leftie gets the cigar.

    She might have been a terrible novelist and knee-jerk contrarian, but she was at least consistent enough to know that you can't claim to be in favour of liberty and then ditch it to accord with your own quasi-religious beliefs.
    How dare you call Ayn Rand a "bad novelist"!

    I don't like the cult of personality that has grown up around her, but I did enjoy her books. Her writing is certainly not Danielle Steele-level bad.

  3. #303
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,572

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    You are wrong. If that woman was infected with a deadly STI as a result of the rape and died, the rapist will be charged with murder. If her death is foreseeable but will take time, he might be charged with attempted murder.

    Pregnancy and the complications thereof are not "unforeseeable" or "indirect" consequences of rape when the rapist is the father.
    Infecting someone with a deadly STD via the rape process is not the same thing as the woman dying from an unforseen medical complication during pregnancy. Listen, I get it, you would want the person charged with murder, but the justice system doesn't work on how you feel they should be tried. Murder has to be intentional. Everything else is unintentional and will be classified as something lower, ie: manslaughter. Perhaps you could provide an example case as precedent for your theory?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #304
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Now I am insulted, I am no leftie!
    I know that, Pete. You know that, but keep it quiet, it might cause Eco and TD to have an existential crisis.
    Thats like calling Man City a bad team!
    As you said, they were last night.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Infecting someone with a deadly STD via the rape process is not the same thing as the woman dying from an unforseen medical complication during pregnancy. Listen, I get it, you would want the person charged with murder, but the justice system doesn't work on how you feel they should be tried. Murder has to be intentional. Everything else is unintentional and will be classified as something lower, ie: manslaughter. Perhaps you could provide an example case as precedent for your theory?
    Not a specific example, as abortion is legal here.

    Intent is a complex legal concept. The act must be intentional, although intent can be deliberate, gross negligence or just negligence. The criminal will face charges for all the consequences to his victim of the intentional act of rape.

    So, let's say I burgle your home whilst you are on vacation, and on my way out, I knock over an oil lamp and a loose wire starts a fire that burns the house down. Now, I obviously did not intend to commit arson BUT when I intentionally burgled, I am regarded, as a matter of criminal law, as "intending" all the direct consequences of my crime, even if they are ones I could not have predicted.

    Of course, IRL, crimes and criminals are more complex than a law school exam question, but that's the theory, anyway.

  6. #306
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    1.)I don't think anyone here is scared of you. lol.



    2.)While I believe that rape should have a very, very serious punishment, I don't think that murder could be charged in this scenario. It was an unforseen consequence. Manslaughter, perhaps. Murder, no. Murder has to have the killing itself be intentional.
    1.) good thing i didnt suggest that then huh? lol
    2.) uhm isnt man slaughter a murder charge even-though murder isnt in the title? thats what i mentioned "involuntary" but i could be wrong but i definitely meant to included it.
    until im told otherwise im ust going with my assumption, theres something called the "egg-shell" clause


    if i strike you with only the intent to harm you but you have some weird hair line fracture and you die, i definitely get charged with a type of murder (im including involuntary manslaughter)

    so in this case where the rapist clearly meant to cause the woman harm its illogical to me to not charge the rapist with murder
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    The Euro-leftie gets the cigar.

    She might have been a terrible novelist and knee-jerk contrarian, but she was at least consistent enough to know that you can't claim to be in favour of liberty and then ditch it to accord with your own quasi-religious beliefs.
    Well thanks for the information.

  8. #308
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)There was obviously a her. Your daughters gender by the time you found out was already decided.



    2.)If that is what you believe.



    3.)No, the point of that was not about how good a parent you are.



    4.)The only way you can deny my premise here is if you think she wasn't alive to begin with. Is that so?




    5.)So you didn't want her aborted? That is not what you keep saying.



    Ok, so those were your concerns. The fact still remains that none of that changes that you wanted your daughter killed. Reasons for wanting an act done doesn't make the nature of the act change.
    1.) sigh, there was no her nor did I wish her death thats a fact all your crying will never change lmao, repeat it agin 15 more times it will be as wronf as the first time you said it lol
    2.) my beliefs play no role here only facts
    3.) what???? you are just taling in circles now you definitely tried to tell me how i feel and you failed lol
    4.) of course the ZEF was alive but facts deny your false premise and assumptions lol
    5.) i wanted my GF to abort the zygote
    6.) LMAO wow talk about a back pedal, once you were proved wrong you tried to redirect, FAIL and again, i never wanted my daughter killed LMAO. Thats only how you view it and nothing more.

    I knew you told lies and were dishonest before but this is just ridiculous lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #309
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Henrin, if you are accusing someone of wanting their own child or grandchild aborted IRL, that is WAY beyond the line no decent person should cross in a debate on abortion rights.

    Why do you anti-abortion types never notice when you wander off the decency reservation? Yet another reason your shrill cries of having staked out the moral high ground ring hollow.

    Meanwhile, reel it back in, brotherman. Attacking someone's family is a serious TOS violation.
    what in his post history makes you think decency, logic, honesty and facts are a strong suit with him lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #310
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Possible death of the mother? That would call for immediate danger of her life for that to work. That isn't usually the case.
    But it is possible, and common. And there is no way to tell which pregnancy will cause death.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •