Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 673

Thread: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

  1. #101
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    "Self-limiting." "Elective."

    Ergo, needless.
    Oh, so you use circular logic to reach your desired conclusion. Fallacious.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    01-16-14 @ 05:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,431

    re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Yes in a GOP lead country that will be the law.. just as it is in many Muslim countries who all live in the 1400s still.

    And Romney agrees and backs this guy and has even campaigned for him...
    Not anymore...heheh.

  3. #103
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    To force a woman to carry a pregnancy-through-rape to term, and deliver that child is medieval, abhorrent, and outright disgusting.
    To take innocent human life in aggression is barbaric, abhorrent, and disgusting.

    Conversely, to have someone not kill an innocent needlessly is none of those things.



    "This sure is a bad situation, but you know what'd be great? Let's just start killing folks."



    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Oh, so you use circular logic to reach your desired conclusion. Fallacious.
    Not really. Words just, you know, mean things.

    Pregnancy is a self-limiting condition. Whatever else it might be, and I have quite a few words for it, abortion is elective. These are facts.

    Self-limiting and elected - there is no need. Without need. Needless.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,547

    re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    To take innocent human life in aggression is barbaric, abhorrent, and disgusting.

    Conversely, to have someone not kill an innocent needlessly is none of those things.



    "This sure is a bad situation, but you know what'd be great? Let's just start killing folks."
    You're telling me that if an 18 year old high school senior who has not graduated yet is raped, and she's brought into a hospital ER for treatment and care, she should, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES in your opinion be given the opportunity to take any medication that would effectively terminate any possible conception or pregnancy?

    Is that what you're saying?

  5. #105
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    You're telling me that if an 18 year old high school senior who has not graduated yet is raped, and she's brought into a hospital ER for treatment and care, she should, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES in your opinion be given the opportunity to take any medication that would effectively terminate any possible conception or pregnancy?

    Is that what you're saying?
    That's a pretty ridiculous mischaracterization of my post, there, duderino.

    If you prevent conception, there is no human being killed, and no moral issue at hand whatsoever.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    You're telling me that if an 18 year old high school senior who has not graduated yet is raped, and she's brought into a hospital ER for treatment and care, she should, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES in your opinion be given the opportunity to take any medication that would effectively terminate any possible conception or pregnancy?

    Is that what you're saying?
    I wonder why you picked 18? Isn't that a bit high for your irrelevant point?

  7. #107
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I wonder why you picked 18? Isn't that a bit high for your irrelevant point?
    As an aside, these scenarios can get pretty ridiculous, amirite?

    So much time and effort spent talking about the minutia of extreme statistical outliers. Anyway...

  8. #108
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,513

    re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Where in the hell is my tin hat?!

  9. #109
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,513

    re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Oh, so you use circular logic to reach your desired conclusion. Fallacious.
    Tucker...just my guess and I could be totally wrong, but Jay may have invented circular logic.

  10. #110
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Yes in a GOP lead country that will be the law.. just as it is in many Muslim countries who all live in the 1400s still.

    And Romney agrees and backs this guy and has even campaigned for him...
    In the context of this thread, nothing you say here is correct.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •