Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    You are wrong.

    My response was intended to dismiss your "act of terror" remark for the deflection it was. But hey...go ahead and talk about it even though it has nothing to do with anything I've said in this thread.
    It has to do with what you said when you said it didn't happen.

    :/

  2. #42
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,898

    Re: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    It has to do with what you said when you said it didn't happen.

    :/
    Okay.

    I've also said your deflection is generally off-topic to this thread and specifically off-topic to my remarks.

    So...are you going to keep on pissing and moaning about this? Or are you going to move on to something on-topic?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #43
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    And Obama has the balls to say this:
    All of this from the President who ran on transparency during his first election cycle. Funy how we haven't heard anything about transparency during this election cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,898

    Re: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    All of this from the President who ran on transparency during his first election cycle. Funy how we haven't heard anything about transparency during this election cycle.
    We haven't seen hide nor hair of transparency from Obama since the minute he got sworn into Office.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #45
    Student comedy4all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    georgia
    Last Seen
    12-28-12 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    204
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

    COMEDY 4 ALL! it's a life Philosophy.

    Chuck Norris once got bit by a king cobra. after five days of agonizing pain, the cobra died!

  6. #46
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

    Quote Originally Posted by comedy4all View Post
    This situation disgusts me!

    How can we give someone so inept at the job another chance? This man has no interest in protecting our people; all he cares about is protecting his job.
    What do you think a politician is dude?
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Three problems:

    Groups can claim credit for things they haven't actually done.

    It is possible for a militant group to launch a spontanteous attack.

    It takes time to process information and collect the information that is important.

    The White House and Obama in my opinion didn't wait long enough for all the information to come in before making a statement, however just because a militant groups claims they performed an attack doesn't neccesarily mean it was preplanned or was not in reaction to a video.
    Tell the truth though.

    Obama and his administration WERE making statements. Problem is, they were knowingly FALSE statements.

    Jay Carney, and Susan Rice BOTH said, "There is NO EVIDENCE of a premeditated attack". That's different than saying, "There's a lot of intel coming in, and right now, we simply don't know". They didn't say that. They emphatically said there was NO EVIDENCE of a premeditated attack, and now we know that's not true. They were also quick to say it was about the video, and later had to back track that story, and tell the truth, that it was a terrorist attack.

    So, just tell the truth here. It does take time to collect information, so they should of said that, instead of emphatically saying it was a spontaneous attack that stemmed from a demonstration over a video that got out of control. Instead, they chose to lie, and cover up all the intelligence that was coming in real time through the emails, and the live drone feed that they watched!

    If this isn't a cover up, it's the worst example of incompetancy I've ever witnessed.

  8. #48
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

    Quote Originally Posted by comedy4all View Post
    I expect the news to get even worse as we find out more about the incident. But the MSM will try to bury it until after the election.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  9. #49
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Masada View Post
    If this isn't a cover up, it's the worst example of incompetancy I've ever witnessed.
    Very well said!
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I agree with what you're saying, it was a mistake for Obama to come out with the answers before all the information was in, but people do demand answers immediately and it wouldn't look good to many people to delay those answers. Many people have an unrealistic expectation for how fast these processes are, of course each one is unique in itself. For example you have a completely unrealistic understanding of how fast reinforcements can move around the world, a few hours is not enough time unless something is already in the nearby area and is already equipped for quick reaction and small team operations.
    There were teams ready in Southern Italy, and could of been on site in Benghazi in less than one hour.

    Here's the problem you are having. You assume the White House, the CIA, and the State Department had no idea what caused this attack, for at least 2 days.

    We now know that is not true. There is quite a bit of intelligence that we now know came in real time, that pointed to Ansar al Sharia. From the beginning, the State Department reports all included language about a coordinated terrorist attack. None of the State Department reports mention a protest, or a video.

    So, think about this. Try not to be partisan here. Intel was coming in real time that suggested terrorism. Within 2 hours, Ansar al Sharia is claiming responsibility. We know that the State Department took that claim seriously, because they issued a warning to "Embassy Tripoli". THERE'S your proof. They knew who was responsible, so they issued a warning to the embassy in Tripoli. That's simply a fact. We know this now.

    It's not a mistake to give quick statements about the attacks. They simply could have said, "intel is coming in, and we don't know at this moment who exactly is responsible". That would have settled it. But that's not what the administration did. They emphatically stated that NO EVIDENCE was available that supported the idea of a premeditated attack. Jay Carney said it, and Susan Rice repeated it over and over again. They blamed the video. They claimed to have HAD the reason for the attacks, which was an out of control protest over the muhammed video. They gave a specific reason, and it turned out to be completely untrue.

    So, you must conclude that either A) They are covering the whole thing up, or B) They are simply so incompetant, that they don't understand how to say "we don't know yet" as opposed to advancing a false narrative.

    Either they are covering up, or they are completely incompetant on how to handle a crisis situation. I know what I believe, because I continue to research what happened. IMO, they lied their asses off, and hoped this would be a non story until after election.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •