Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88

Thread: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

  1. #81
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Always important to keep in mind that while one may be fixated on the homosexual routine as the most important thing in the world when it comes to voting, it's important to realize that within that big liberal circus tent, the majority of liberal client groups dislike each other and dislike the various subjects of each other's single issue focus. Feminists dislike men and many other women, blacks and Hispanics dislike homosexuals, all other Hispanics dislike Mexicans, blacks hate whites, etc., etc., etc.

    There is only one thing that unites those diverse liberal client groups and that is their common hatred of traditional America and the traditional American status quo. With regards to that hate and rage, they are like brothers in a common bond dedicated to destruction. All driven by liberal rage, hatred, bigotry and racism.

    How far that mutual hate coupled with the uniting bond of rage and hate will take the loons is anybody's guess. If California's Proposition 8 was any indication, the answer is not too far.
    Last edited by Ray410; 10-26-12 at 12:28 AM.

  2. #82
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    I know a lot of liberals personally. You just made this up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Always important to keep in mind that while one may be fixated on the homosexual routine as the most important thing in the world when it comes to voting, it's important to realize that within that big liberal circus tent, the majority of liberal client groups dislike each other and dislike the various subjects of each other's single issue focus. Feminists dislike men and many other women, blacks and Hispanics dislike homosexuals, all other Hispanics dislike Mexicans, blacks hate whites, etc., etc., etc.

    There is only one thing that unites those diverse liberal client groups and that is their common hatred of traditional America and the traditional American status quo. With regards to that hate and rage, they are like brothers in a common bond dedicated to destruction. All driven by liberal rage, hatred, bigotry and racism.

    How far that mutual hate coupled with the uniting bond of rage and hate will take the loons is anybody's guess. If California's Proposition 8 was any indication, the answer is not too far.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #83
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by hikari View Post
    Yes, of course. Want me to find pro gun democrats and pro choice republicans because I can. It wouldn't prove anything, there isn't bipartisan support because a minority in the opposition party votes against thier party line.

    I have already posted more than enough evidence of the majority position, if LGBT republicans think it is worth voting for republicans because of the economy fine, but if they want to imagine the GOP supports LGBT rights then they are deluding themselves.
    Oh, now it's "the majority position",

  4. #84
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Oh, now it's "the majority position",
    And you have yet to address his argument that every position could be considered bipartisan by your standard.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  5. #85
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    And you have yet to address his argument that every position could be considered bipartisan by your standard.
    Perhaps, but this issue has strong opposition from both sides of the aisle. It's often proudly proclaimed that minorities and union workers are staunchly democrat, yet they are also primarily anti-SSM...right along with the so-called religious right. I think it can more accurately be said that there are plancks adopted by the party elites, on both sides, that the rank and file of the parties don't necessarily support. At least not enthusiastically.

  6. #86
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-03-13 @ 09:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    579

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Perhaps, but this issue has strong opposition from both sides of the aisle. It's often proudly proclaimed that minorities and union workers are staunchly democrat, yet they are also primarily anti-SSM...right along with the so-called religious right. I think it can more accurately be said that there are plancks adopted by the party elites, on both sides, that the rank and file of the parties don't necessarily support. At least not enthusiastically.
    Did you not read the poll I posted?Nearly 2/3 of all democrats support ssm, that is a large majority, nearly 3/4 of republicans oppose it, a large majorty. You are trying to play up the divisiveness of this issue among democrats, even among blacks it was scarely a majority that was opposed.

    You can paint it as elites versus rank and file but the polling data doesnt support it, not only that but I am a blue collar worker, and the local teamsters even had stickers out saying "teamsters for Maryland marriage equality". Certainly they seem about as liberal as the normal people in the metro dc area.

  7. #87
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by hikari View Post
    Did you not read the poll I posted?Nearly 2/3 of all democrats support ssm, that is a large majority, nearly 3/4 of republicans oppose it, a large majorty. You are trying to play up the divisiveness of this issue among democrats, even among blacks it was scarely a majority that was opposed.

    You can paint it as elites versus rank and file but the polling data doesnt support it, not only that but I am a blue collar worker, and the local teamsters even had stickers out saying "teamsters for Maryland marriage equality". Certainly they seem about as liberal as the normal people in the metro dc area.
    I guess that explains why SSM is legal nation wide....

  8. #88
    Student Politicaladdict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    03-17-13 @ 12:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    249

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    My neighbors are gay and we live in Ca. and they are voting for Romney because as they keep telling their friends "Its the Economy stupid!" its just like the Obama campaign telling me as a woman to vote "As if my body parts depend on it".....I was like WHAT! sorry but I don't think with my WhoHa......

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •