Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 88

Thread: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

  1. #51
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney - Yahoo! News



    Not sure where I stand on this. On one hand, some people don't find gay rights (or well, just rights) in general. On the other, this feels like black people arguing that Jim Crow rights weren't all that important. However I looked up GOProud and found this:

    "We founded GOProud to provide an unapologetic voice for gay conservatives and their straight allies. Since 2009, we have challenged conventional wisdom, smashed stereotypes and fought like hell for what we believe in."

    ...It feels "odd" to call people allies when they're actively working to deem your relationships as wrong and unworthy of the same societal and cultural benefits their unions get.
    Wow. So it is odd that they have their own minds and make their own choices. Or is it just odd that they dont agree with your beliefs? Some people think that the economy and future stability of our children and nation is more importantly than the government acknowledging a marriage. Just because gay marriage is more important than anything else to some people it is not the case for all people and you are ignorant for assuming so. On the flip side of that there are people who oppose gay marriage and still vote democrat because they feel Obama is better suited to address issues they feel are more important that that. How dare they!
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #52
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And yet...they offer near blanket support to democrats and if they dare openly support republicans they are hit with some of the most ugly descriptors imaginable.
    Ugly partisanship is alive and well in America. What can you say?

    There are people who vote for a particular party over and over again because their Dad did. Like you inherit party membership.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #53
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-03-13 @ 09:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    579

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    I find LGBT republicans most frustrating because I haven't met a single one who actually ought to be republican. Every single one that I have met, was actually broadly liberal on social views, but believed in the free market, to me this makes them more libertarian than republican.

    I am sure they exist, but they are a minority in a minority. In fact I think the social platform of the republican party is more and more out of touch with the average person, I really wish people would wake up and vote the libertarian party in as the right wing party and they could focus on thier market reforms and small government.

    As for me call me "single issue" all you want but I am gonna be voting for the party most likely to win that supports LGBT rights the most, that is the democrats right now, and is likely to stay that way.

  4. #54
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Conservatives welcome all potential members with open arms.

    There is only one requirement: You must be Conservative, both fiscally and socially.

    This knowledge will allow the various diverse liberal client groups to refrain from further whining that the Conservatives don't "reach out" to them. Regardless of your hatred of all things American, the loons want you and no other party could outbid their payment for your votes. This should greatly simplify your future planning.

  5. #55
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The fallacy is this thread is people assuming "gay rights" means one issue. Same kind of people who would think equal rights of any sort are one issue.
    Perhaps you had missed this:

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Maybe they're neocons.

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by hikari View Post
    I find LGBT republicans most frustrating because I haven't met a single one who actually ought to be republican. Every single one that I have met, was actually broadly liberal on social views, but believed in the free market, to me this makes them more libertarian than republican.

    I am sure they exist, but they are a minority in a minority. In fact I think the social platform of the republican party is more and more out of touch with the average person, I really wish people would wake up and vote the libertarian party in as the right wing party and they could focus on thier market reforms and small government.
    Conservative gays do exist, and some of them have very little interest in what you call "LGBT rights."

    Progressives always seem so astonished that there are minorities that don't fit their constricting, stereotypical narrative.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Conservative gays do exist, and some of them have very little interest in what you call "LGBT rights."

    Progressives always seem so astonished that there are minorities that don't fit their constricting, stereotypical narrative.
    I live in a fairly conservative area and the gays who otherwise behave like everybody else get treated like everybody else. Of all the gays I know in my town, I can only think of a handful who are into that tranny praising, gay pride parade, "I'm here I'm queer" in your face mentality the national LGBT community seems to consider the norm for gays.

  8. #58
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Gay Republicans are still Republicans. Gay people have no inherent immunity to absurdly over-simplified beliefs or belief in myths like the iphone-toting welfare queen.
    How about the Obama-phone lady?


  9. #59
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    So your saying that all gays have to vote one way on one issue and that nothing else can be important but marriage to them or more important than that......your selling them way to short and trying to stick them in a small box.
    Don't stop there. Apparently you have to vote democrat if you're really black too.

  10. #60
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The fallacy is this thread is people assuming "gay rights" means one issue. Same kind of people who would think equal rights of any sort are one issue.
    I see. So, how many "gay rights" issues is the GOP opposing?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •