Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: 2016: Obama's America producer, Dinesh D'Souza, resigns presidency of King's College

  1. #11
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 2016: Obama's America producer, Dinesh D'Souza, resigns presidency of King's Coll

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh, the film is grossly misleading too, if you'd like to talk about that.
    Not really, didn't see the film myself. I'm sure you have a problem with it. But the thread isn't about the film, but the producer. More spaghetti thrown against the wall looking for a distraction for a fellow who can't defend his own record.

  2. #12
    Advisor melons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    376

    Re: 2016: Obama's America producer, Dinesh D'Souza, resigns presidency of King's Coll

    Well, I have every single intention of watching it at 9 pm central tonight on Direct TV. Looking forward to it, myself.

  3. #13
    Educator RenoCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    799

    Re: 2016: Obama's America producer, Dinesh D'Souza, resigns presidency of King's Coll

    Of course I mean it would be interesting to hear from an Obama voter who actually saw "2016". I suspect that is a rare breed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh, the film is grossly misleading too, if you'd like to talk about that.
    "We have to get past the awful legacy of the last 8 years." Bill Clinton, 3/21/2016, in Spokane, WA while on the campaign trail for Hillary.

  4. #14
    Advisor melons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    376

    Re: 2016: Obama's America producer, Dinesh D'Souza, resigns presidency of King's Coll

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoCon View Post
    Of course I mean it would be interesting to hear from an Obama voter who actually saw "2016". I suspect that is a rare breed.
    Sorry, I did watch it but I can't help you there. I am not voting for Obama. But I can say that much of the movie were words taken either directly from Obama's biography or from interviews with people who knew him, including his brother.

  5. #15
    Educator RenoCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    799

    Re: 2016: Obama's America producer, Dinesh D'Souza, resigns presidency of King's Coll

    Quote Originally Posted by melons View Post
    Sorry, I did watch it but I can't help you there. I am not voting for Obama. But I can say that much of the movie were words taken either directly from Obama's biography or from interviews with people who knew him, including his brother.
    I am not sure I get your point. I think it is all that much more powerful using Obama's own words, as elusive as he is, to describe who he really is. By relating his upbringing to the things he says off teleprompter, i.e. redistribution of wealth, you didn't build that, etc., it is clear that he is a socialist. It is frightening to know that most people do not understand this.

    D'Souza's personal life has nothing to do with what I feel was a very fair presentation of Obama's beliefs. The article in the post has nothing to do with someone having an affair and everything to do with trying to discredit a perceived conservative saying bad things about the "chosen one." Funny, if a liberal is caught with his pants down (google "stained dress"), it is a badge of honor. And if you are an ex-president you get a prime time speaking engagement at the Dem. convention.
    "We have to get past the awful legacy of the last 8 years." Bill Clinton, 3/21/2016, in Spokane, WA while on the campaign trail for Hillary.

  6. #16
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: 2016: Obama's America producer, Dinesh D'Souza, resigns presidency of King's Coll

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoCon View Post
    Really? Please tell, where was "2016: Obama's America" misleading. I have been waiting to hear an argument along this line but I suspect there may be only ten people in the country who had an inkling as to what it was about who went to see it anyway. I assume you have actually seen it?
    The film proposes that an absentee father also managed to be Obama's primary influence in life. It also makes the assumption that taking a class with a professor means you share their beliefs. The film also claimed that Obama had the bust of Winston Churchill removed from the White House because he didn't like Churchill's beliefs. It's still in the same spot.

    If they're willing to outright fabricate things, why would you accept any conclusion from the film? If you'd really been waiting to hear an argument along this line, you would have gone and checked it out for yourself.
    Last edited by Deuce; 10-21-12 at 03:10 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #17
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,880

    Re: 2016: Obama's America producer, Dinesh D'Souza, resigns presidency of King's Coll

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The film proposes that an absentee father also managed to be Obama's primary influence in life. It also makes the assumption that taking a class with a professor means you share their beliefs. The film also claimed that Obama had the bust of Winston Churchill removed from the White House because he didn't like Churchill's beliefs. It's still in the same spot.

    If they're willing to outright fabricate things, why would you accept any conclusion from the film? If you'd really been waiting to hear an argument along this line, you would have gone and checked it out for yourself.
    So did you check out the facts on the Churchhill bust? White House clarifies on Churchill bust - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

  8. #18
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: 2016: Obama's America producer, Dinesh D'Souza, resigns presidency of King's Coll

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post

    Think it through. Why would Evangelical Christians oppose Obama's America?
    Why should we support an anti-colonialist like Obama?

  9. #19
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: 2016: Obama's America producer, Dinesh D'Souza, resigns presidency of King's Coll

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Why should we support an anti-colonialist like Obama?
    I asked you first.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #20
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: 2016: Obama's America producer, Dinesh D'Souza, resigns presidency of King's Coll

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    So did you check out the facts on the Churchhill bust? White House clarifies on Churchill bust - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
    Ok. So like I said, the Churchill bust is in the same place as always. A second one was removed because it was given to the previous President. This totally confirms the idea that the bust was removed because Obama doesn't like colonialism!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •