Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 164

Thread: Christian Group Finds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day [W:159]

  1. #151
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    re: Christian Group Finds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You're not reading what I'm posting, already answered all this. I do not believe this particular program promotes homosexual behavior. However, the AFA does. The point is, their opposition to this one program does not mean they are pro-bullying of gay kids. Nor does it mean their reason for opposing the program are "dumbass". May seem that way to you, but that is due to your obvious bias and has nothing whatsoever to do with the AFA.
    I am reading what you've posted. You've specifically claimed that the AFA opposes this particular program because of the specifics of the program. I understand that you don't necessarily agree with their reasoning, but you are, nevertheless, defending that (currently unstated) reasoning. I'm currently pointing out that they don't appear to even have any reasoning, have seriously misrepresented the program on their own website, and have backed it up with absolutely nothing. So yeah, "dumbass" is the obvious conclusion. Once again: prove me wrong.

  2. #152
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-12 @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    498

    re: Christian Group Finds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    I am reading what you've posted. You've specifically claimed that the AFA opposes this particular program because of the specifics of the program. I understand that you don't necessarily agree with their reasoning, but you are, nevertheless, defending that (currently unstated) reasoning. I'm currently pointing out that they don't appear to even have any reasoning, have seriously misrepresented the program on their own website, and have backed it up with absolutely nothing. So yeah, "dumbass" is the obvious conclusion. Once again: prove me wrong.
    Have they misrepresented the program?

    What started as an "anti-bullying" thread quickly became an "anti-Christian/pro-homosexuality" thread then a "pro-bullying-Christian" thread.

    The left in this thread certainly behaved the exact same way they seem to think they will.

    Einzige is openly talking about hurting Christian children. Why should they want their children to participate in something that could potentially give an open forum to a monster like that.

  3. #153
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    re: Christian Group Finds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Donahue View Post
    Einzige is openly talking about hurting Christian children. Why should they want their children to participate in something that could potentially give an open forum to a monster like that.
    A lot of Catholics have summer camps, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  4. #154
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    re: Christian Group Finds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Donahue View Post
    Have they misrepresented the program?
    Yes. Look at the program's website (which I've provided) and look at what the AFA has said about the program (which I've also provided). You'll find that they have, indeed, misrepresented the program to an absurd degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Donahue View Post
    What started as an "anti-bullying" thread quickly became an "anti-Christian/pro-homosexuality" thread then a "pro-bullying-Christian" thread.
    Not really no. The only people (besides Enzige) who even brought up Christianity are you and Grimm. The rest of us have repeatedly pointed out that the two of you are totally full of crap. This thread is about the AFA. Stop trying to make it about Christianity, and you'll discover that Christianity will stop coming up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Donahue View Post
    Einzige is openly talking about hurting Christian children. Why should they want their children to participate in something that could potentially give an open forum to a monster like that.
    Now there's a strawman if ever I've seen one.

  5. #155
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Christian Group Finds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Donahue View Post

    What started as an "anti-bullying" thread quickly became an "anti-Christian/pro-homosexuality" thread then a "pro-bullying-Christian" thread.
    Oh geesh I wonder who it has been bringing up anti-christian tripe?

    Einzige is openly talking about hurting Christian children. Why should they want their children to participate in something that could potentially give an open forum to a monster like that.
    Yeah because learning to tolerate w/o bullying is soooooo harmful to christians.....
    Last edited by winston53660; 10-16-12 at 05:50 PM.

  6. #156
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-12 @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    498

    re: Christian Group Finds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Not really no. The only people (besides Enzige) who even brought up Christianity are you and Grimm. The rest of us have repeatedly pointed out that the two of you are totally full of crap. This thread is about the AFA. Stop trying to make it about Christianity, and you'll discover that Christianity will stop coming up.
    You're just lying and in a very foolish way that is easily proven false.

    All you have to do is read the very first few posts in this thread to see that it became an "anti-Christian" thread almost immediately and long before Grimm or I pointed out the hypocrisy of how quickly the "anti-bullying" thread turned into an "anti-Christian" thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Now there's a strawman if ever I've seen one.
    Only because you're obviously not a parent.

    This thread is a perfect example of how any discussion on "anti-bullying" inevitably turns into "pro-Christian-bullying" and it isn't that long ago Dan Savage made headlines when his attack on Christians at a national "anti-bullying" conference hit the internet. Now we now have people openly acknowledging they would love to hurt Christian children.

    I don't want homosexual children to be bullied in school but that doesn't mean I want my children to be bullied either.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    11-21-12 @ 01:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    147

    re: Christian Group Finds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    The Christian Right is neither.
    Thinking back to that horrid disgusting pig Jerry Falwell, his legacy is vile and disgusting hate and you can trace him to the vile and disgusting baggers...

  8. #158
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    re: Christian Group Finds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Donahue View Post
    You're just lying and in a very foolish way that is easily proven false.

    All you have to do is read the very first few posts in this thread to see that it became an "anti-Christian" thread almost immediately and long before Grimm or I pointed out the hypocrisy of how quickly the "anti-bullying" thread turned into an "anti-Christian" thread.
    If you look at the first page, you'll find one direct reference to Christians (by Madman, the other guy on here who's been explicitly anti-Christian), one reference to the religious right (of which the AFA is a part), and several statements in opposition to the AFA that you've apparently assumed were directed at Christians in general. This thread didn't become about Christianity until you and Grimm made it about Christianity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Donahue View Post
    Only because you're obviously not a parent.

    This thread is a perfect example of how any discussion on "anti-bullying" inevitably turns into "pro-Christian-bullying" and it isn't that long ago Dan Savage made headlines when his attack on Christians at a national "anti-bullying" conference hit the internet. Now we now have people openly acknowledging they would love to hurt Christian children.
    1) We don't have "people" openly acknowledging anything. We have one isolated statement by one person that you've interpreted in the worst way possible.

    2) Once again, this discussion wasn't about anti-christian anything until you and Grimm made it about that. For most of us it still isn't about being anti-christian.

    Quote Originally Posted by Donahue View Post
    I don't want homosexual children to be bullied in school but that doesn't mean I want my children to be bullied either.
    Then you'd do well to oppose the AFA, and support the SPLC. That latter group has your interests in mind as well.

  9. #159
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    re: Christian Group Finds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day [W:159]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Christian Group Finds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day [W:159]Well, well, well... I've now thinned this thread out considerably by thread banning several members (rocket, Donahue, Einzige) who have decided it's better to use personal attacks rather than debate. I strongly suggest that those of you who are left do NOT personally attack others.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #160
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Christian Group Finds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day [W:159]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    I am reading what you've posted. You've specifically claimed that the AFA opposes this particular program because of the specifics of the program. I understand that you don't necessarily agree with their reasoning, but you are, nevertheless, defending that (currently unstated) reasoning. I'm currently pointing out that they don't appear to even have any reasoning, have seriously misrepresented the program on their own website, and have backed it up with absolutely nothing. So yeah, "dumbass" is the obvious conclusion. Once again: prove me wrong.
    Then you're not reading what YOU'RE posting, because others offerred a good deal more than that, and when I called them on it you asked me how it was partisan. You can't prove or disprove "dumbass". In this context, the label is entirely subjective (read partisan).

    Their reasoning is clear and consistent with their beliefs. They believe this program is more about making the student body comfortable with homosexual behavior than it is about anti-bullying. That's their take on this one program. That does not suggest they also believe bullying is correct behavior.

    Again, personally speaking, I don't buy their reasoning, but then I also only know what I've read about the program from the program coordinators themselves. That aside, I can think of a whole number of ways to achieve what the program is shooting for. Assign random and required seating for lunch periods of elementary, junior and high schools. Switch lists every month.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •