Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 342

Thread: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

  1. #61
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,589
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    well no you quoted them all without saying what I responded to. For example " Canada were involved in both world wars before America". On its own it would look anti American but in fact I was responding to a post which said " Just go to war with who we tell you to Canada". Which of course is a insulting post and doesnt paint Canada in the correct light.

    You knew what you were doing DiAnna when you multi quoted me.
    There were several more posts I could have quoted to make my point that you came in here spoiling for a fight, having already chosen a "side" in a thread which really shouldn't have even had a side. If you would like, I can make a post quoting ALL of your posts in this thread, and will do so if you think it more fair, or will make you "look" better. If anyone wants to check context, they need merely to click the colored " at the end of each quote.

    If you don't like the way your own words made you look, perhaps you should reread your own posts and take responsibility for them. The "waaa, she used my own words to make me look bad" debate tactic is a rather poor one. You disappoint me.

  2. #62
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    and so far the majority of posters have insulted Canada....
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    we are not discussing a constitutional system we are discussing national security. The man is a security threat in many countries like Canada and the UK included, that is why he is not allowed to travel to these countries.


    p.s I only lash out when posters belittle a country I consider a friend.
    Then don't take him, for God's sake. Nobody is asking you to, nor expects you to.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  3. #63
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,244

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    There were several more posts I could have quoted to make my point that you came in here spoiling for a fight, having already chosen a "side" in a thread which really shouldn't have even had a side. If you would like, I can make a post quoting ALL of your posts in this thread, and will do so if you think it more fair, or will make you "look" better.

    If you don't like the way your own words made you look, perhaps you should reread your own posts and take responsibility for them. The "waaa, she used my own words to make me look bad" debate tactic is a rather poor one. You disappoint me.
    lol again I know my own posts and I know the posts I was responding to. Every post you quoted was in response to a negative comment about Canada and had actual weight in the thread. Im not ashamed of my posts im just ashamed of the way you postsed them without any context.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  4. #64
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,244

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Then don't take him, for God's sake. Nobody is asking you to, nor expects you to.
    exactly my point. Hence the reason I mentioned the British tourists who were sent home from the US. I was bringing light to the fact that every country does it and that posters attacking Canada for doing it were in the wrong.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  5. #65
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    and so far the majority of posters have insulted Canada....
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    exactly my point. Hence the reason I mentioned the British tourists who were sent home from the US. I was bringing light to the fact that every country does it and that posters attacking Canada for doing it were in the wrong.
    Then what the hell have you been cry-babying over? We're all grown-ups here. We can handle it if other countries don't take Americans, and if we reject non-Americans. Big deal.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  6. #66
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I think it's a fair bit of hypocricy on Canada's part, copnsidering the forum they're hosting and that they let others in with far more violent records. That said, it's up to Canada and Canadians if this is right for them.
    not hypocracy at all. It really isn't about his violent record, its about his hateful perspective designed to incite violence.
    But thanks for the nod that is our country, we were worried there for a sec.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,244

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Then what the hell have you been cry-babying over? We're all grown-ups here. We can handle it if other countries don't take Americans, and if we reject non-Americans. Big deal.
    You can handle it but many posters can not as demonstrated in this thread hence the reason I was defending Canada's policy against what they were saying.....
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  8. #68
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    We get it. Canada good, America not so much.
    exactly. that didn't take long.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  9. #69
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    You can handle it but many posters can not as demonstrated in this thread hence the reason I was defending Canada's policy against what they were saying.....
    Show me the *many*. Who are they?
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  10. #70
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,589
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    well I mean you did try to invade them in 1812...
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Before a lot of you American posters get all bent out of shape on this remember Canada is a soverign country and has the right to refuse entry to anyone it wants. Just as America had the right to pull over 2 British teenagers, arrest them, interrogate them and then send them home all because of a tweet which was lost in translation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    well Canada were involved in both world wars before the US was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    America only tolerates free speech from its own citizens everyone else would have a hard time gaining entry to the US, just like Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    that this thread is a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    and so far the majority of posters have insulted Canada....
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    opinions not childish insults!
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    so its ok to belittle a country because you say so...good stuff! Thought this was debate politics.com not playground antics.com


    p.s If you want to talk about "butthurt" take a trip to the European section where any poster who says anything "anti-American" is attacked by about 4 or 5 posters. The double standards in this place is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    thats not what im saying. Im saying Canada is exactly the same as America. As for the world war quote that was i response to a poster saying " Canada just go to war when we tell you too".


    Please remove the blinkers please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    we are not discussing a constitutional system we are discussing national security. The man is a security threat in many countries like Canada and the UK included, that is why he is not allowed to travel to these countries.


    p.s I only lash out when posters belittle a country I consider a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Well actually that is the whole reason why the guy cant travel to so many countires. He incites hate and is a security threat.

    As for your second point say what you mean what country do I consider friend? Play the anti-American card go on . I havent been anti American in this thread ( have never been anti american on this site ). I merley compared both countries and defended Canadas right to say no to this guy drawing on examples in the USA where America have done the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    and yet DiAnna has already started crying as well has using my quotes out of context to make me look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    well no you quoted them all without saying what I responded to. For example " Canada were involved in both world wars before America". On its own it would look anti American but in fact I was responding to a post which said " Just go to war with who we tell you to Canada". Which of course is a insulting post and doesnt paint Canada in the correct light.

    You knew what you were doing DiAnna when you multi quoted me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    lol again I know my own posts and I know the posts I was responding to. Every post you quoted was in response to a negative comment about Canada and had actual weight in the thread. Im not ashamed of my posts im just ashamed of the way you postsed them without any context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    exactly my point. Hence the reason I mentioned the British tourists who were sent home from the US. I was bringing light to the fact that every country does it and that posters attacking Canada for doing it were in the wrong.
    Oh you poor misunderstood man, made to look bad by the power of your own words. Tell you what. Here is every post you have made in this thread thus far. Perhaps now you can rest peacefully knowing that all of your glowing rhetoric proving how anyone "attacking" Canada (as in disagreeing with, or comparing the differences with American free speech protections) were all in the wrong, while you were all in the right, and mean old DiAnna is just trying to use your own words to make you look bad.

    Here are ALL of your words. Surely, you must look terrific now!!

    Now I'm really out of here. Your whining has given me a headache.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •