Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 342

Thread: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

  1. #51
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,703
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    we are not discussing a constitutional system we are discussing national security. The man is a security threat in many countries like Canada and the UK included, that is why he is not allowed to travel to these countries.
    Actually, that wasn't the discussion at all.

    p.s I only lash out when posters belittle a country I consider a friend.
    Nonsense. You came in spoiling for a fight. And we know exactly which country you consider a friend.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,264

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Actually, that wasn't the discussion at all.



    Nonsense. You came in spoiling for a fight. And we know exactly which country you consider a friend.
    Well actually that is the whole reason why the guy cant travel to so many countires. He incites hate and is a security threat.

    As for your second point say what you mean what country do I consider friend? Play the anti-American card go on . I havent been anti American in this thread ( have never been anti american on this site ). I merley compared both countries and defended Canadas right to say no to this guy drawing on examples in the USA where America have done the same thing.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #53
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    The Quran burning pastor form Florida is the news again but here in Canada. In this article by The Globe, it says that the pastor has for now been barred for entry because of a breach of peace charge in his past. I think the real reason they are stopping him is that we don't want him here. We don't take too kindly to people like him and don't want him in our country. What are American's thoughts on this?

    Edit: He was travelling to Cnada to debate several people about free speech including: Imam Steve Rockwell the director of Sheikh Deidat Mosque, Dr Masud Ansari a prominent Islamic author, Dr Bikram Lamba Canada’s most prominent Sikh leader and author, Ron Banerjee Director of Canadian Hindu Advocacy.
    Karma's a bitch.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #54
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    so its ok to belittle a country because you say so...good stuff! Thought this was debate politics.com not playground antics.com


    p.s If you want to talk about "butthurt" take a trip to the European section where any poster who says anything "anti-American" is attacked by about 4 or 5 posters. The double standards in this place is amazing
    It's not double-standards. Purely numbers. As for belittling countries, it's certainly not a strictly American thing, as there is plenty of American-bashing to go around as well, and we're not crying over it. In fact, we're quite used to it.
    Last edited by lizzie; 10-12-12 at 12:38 AM.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #55
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,264

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    It's not double-standards. Purely numbers. As for belittling countries, it's certainly not a strictly American thing, as there is plenty of American-bashing to go around as well, and we're not crying over it. In fact, we're quite used to it.
    and yet DiAnna has already started crying as well has using my quotes out of context to make me look bad.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  6. #56
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,703
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Well actually that is the whole reason why the guy cant travel to so many countires. He incites hate and is a security threat.

    As for your second point say what you mean what country do I consider friend? Play the anti-American card go on . I havent been anti American in this thread ( have never been anti american on this site ). I merley compared both countries and defended Canadas right to say no to this guy drawing on examples in the USA where America have done the same thing.


    You do realize, do you not, that pretending that you have said what you have not said while denying what you have said in a thread barely 50 posts long is pointless, because people can merely scroll up and read your exact words?

    But worry not. I'm done here and because you are so concerned about the "anti-American" card which you pre-emptively fling out (yet again), I promise I will not do as you fear...

    p.s If you want to talk about "butthurt" take a trip to the European section where any poster who says anything "anti-American" is attacked by about 4 or 5 posters. The double standards in this place is amazing
    ...and partake of "the double standards in this place" by invading the European section in search of "anti-American" quotes.

    Have a nice evening.

  7. #57
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,703
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    and yet DiAnna has already started crying as well has using my quotes out of context to make me look bad.
    The quotes are in this thread. Anyone can read them. They simply do not say what you pretend that they say. But I apologize if I have injured your feelings.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,264

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    The quotes are in this thread. Anyone can read them. They simply do not say what you pretend that they say. But I apologize if I have injured your feelings.
    well no you quoted them all without saying what I responded to. For example " Canada were involved in both world wars before America". On its own it would look anti American but in fact I was responding to a post which said " Just go to war with who we tell you to Canada". Which of course is a insulting post and doesnt paint Canada in the correct light.

    You knew what you were doing DiAnna when you multi quoted me.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  9. #59
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Whatever, just go to war when we tell you.
    'cept we don't as Johnson and Bush found out.
    We go to war when we believe the cause is just, not because some cowboy wants to play shoot em up.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  10. #60
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    and so far the majority of posters have insulted Canada....
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    and so far the majority of posters have insulted Canada....
    So far, we have Hatuey- who bashed American Christians.
    Eco, who said:
    I think the real reason is that he broke laws, probably by setting fires and stuff, and shows every intention of doing it again. In America, we don't give a crap what you burn, as long as you bought it and you're not breaking a law.

    Auntie, who said:
    He says the charge was overturned - was it?

    Wake, who said:
    Canada doesn't matter much, seeing that they don't respect free speech.

    Lol, Canada. Why would anyone want to conquer Canada? Pancakes, maple syrup, and monster mosquitos?

    Goshin, who said:
    On the contrary. If Canada doesn't want him to come in, that is Canada's business. No big deal.

    BayToBay, who said:
    As a Floridian, don't send him back!

    Gardener, who said:
    What is Canada's position on hate speech BY Muslims?

    Chris, who said:
    This is "breaking news?"

    Thrilla, who said:
    this is just another reason why I like America more than Canada.

    I have no love for the guy at all... but I'll take a million idiots like him over stepping on free speech to keep one of them out.

    johnny-rebson, who said:

    From what my buddy says, they ain't gonna drop the puck anytime soon.

    Clownboy, who said:
    I think it's a fair bit of hypocricy on Canada's part, copnsidering the forum they're hosting and that they let others in with far more violent records. That said, it's up to Canada and Canadians if this is right for them.

    and myself, who said:
    My thoughts? It doesn't matter either way. He's an American with rights to free speech, so we tend to tolerate people like that, whether we like it or not. As for him being barred from entry to your country- that is your country's business, and not ours.

    I'm sorry, but I just don't see that *most* of the Americans are bashing Canada. For the most part, it looks like we think it's up to Canada.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •