Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 342

Thread: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

  1. #101
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Which makes The United States of America the greatest nation in human history, because people aren't persecuted for their religious and political views.
    Horse****. You dont even know your own freaking history of bigatory, racism, political persecution and worse. You have a whole gulag on Cuba with people being persecuted for their political views and even religious beliefs. You have denied entry to people based on ludacris reasons like "his name is close to that of Bin Laden" excuse, and even put your own politicians on no fly lists "by mistakes".. yea funny that it was always the opposition that got on those lists.. And do you really want to go back more than 10 years of your history? Segregation, lynching, Japanese internment, McCarthy era .. that was just the last century... add to that slavery, Salem witch trials and general religious persecution of Jews and non christians across the US... the US is far far from any angel when it comes to persecution based on political views and religion.
    PeteEU

  2. #102
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Yes, because it's not like other countries don't have their own "right wing hate mongers".
    We usually distance ourselves big time from them.. not even the mainstream right wing parties allow them in their parties... /wave GOP.

    Or, left-wing hate mongers, as well.
    There are so few of them that compared to the right wing haters, they are virtually no existent now days.
    PeteEU

  3. #103
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    and so far the majority of posters have insulted Canada....
    That's typical of us Americans that have an inferiority complex.

  4. #104
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Which makes The United States of America the greatest nation in human history, because people aren't persecuted for their religious and political views.
    ....anymore.
    It's not like we've never done things like that in the past.

  5. #105
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    There are so few of them that compared to the right wing haters, they are virtually no existent now days.
    That was funny!
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #106
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Good for Canada. He aint welcome in Europe either. In fact many of those right wing hate mongers are not wanted outside the US.
    Im sorry these guys make the US look bad. I think it's them that make us look so bad in other countries.

  7. #107
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Which makes The United States of America the greatest nation in human history,
    and that's your opinion.

    I think it's a decent country, the best? that's subjective.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Which makes The United States of America the greatest nation in human history, because people aren't persecuted for their religious and political views.
    or racial slurs.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    We do respect free speech. what we won't tolerate is hate speech designed to incite violence. Our hate speech laws are very specific, because freedom of speech is a fundamental right as outlined in our charter of rights and freedoms.

    You'd want it for lets see.... tons of natural resources trailing only Russia in that regard. 1/4 of the worlds fresh water. Tim Horton's coffee, the best hockey players, beavertails, and monster mosquito zappers, oh and of course way better beer.
    But even hatred out to be able to be vocalized. Why is it a crime to hate something? Hate is a part of being human, and if you hate something, you should have the right to vocalize it. The same goes for anyone who hates someone/something else, like, say, atheists who mock the religious.

    Canada's version of free speech is a misnomer, because to them speech only has freedom when it's convenient to them. You only get to say what they want you to say. Speech is not solely about candy and lolipops. There are issues out there that stir up a lot of anger and tension. It is better to allow people to voice their thoughts, emotions, and opinions rather than putting your hand over their mouth, only to enrage them and cut off the hand. It's for this controlling nature of Canada that the U.S.A will always continue to be better than Canada, because America does not and will not put its foot into the mouths of others. As an American, I may not like what others say, but I will fight for them to have that precious right.

  10. #110
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    and that's your opinion.

    I think it's a decent country, the best? that's subjective.
    I love this country. The fact that this clown can express himself and not be punished by the government makes me love it even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •