Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 342

Thread: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

  1. #91
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I don't think so. Everyone I know is ~"like I give a damn what some idiot does, I got stuff to do". Perhaps you hear too much of the fringe.

    Wasn't there a petition or something that got shot down in vote?
    Regarding flag burning specifically, I believe that most Americans do care, and would rather not see it happen, but fall short of thinking an amendment should be passed making it illegal. Caring and disapproving does not have to automatically take the form of "it ought to be illegal". In this example, I believe most Americans suck it up and recognize that free speech is the more important of the two.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #92
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Regarding flag burning specifically, I believe that most Americans do care, and would rather not see it happen, but fall short of thinking an amendment should be passed making it illegal. Caring and disapproving does not have to automatically take the form of "it ought to be illegal". In this example, I believe most Americans suck it up and recognize that free speech is the more important of the two.
    With such an argument, we could claim that most Americans care about everything. I took "care" to mean "oppose legally", and I don't see another useful interpretation of the word in this context.

  3. #93
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Governments can determine who comes and goes, and I can think they're stupid.


    Ooooh, he burns Qurans!!

    What sissies poop their pants on that one? Canadian sissies, that's who.
    Do you live in Canada? Why do you have such ill feelings towards Canada?

  4. #94
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    The Quran burning pastor form Florida is the news again but here in Canada. In this article by The Globe, it says that the pastor has for now been barred for entry because of a breach of peace charge in his past. I think the real reason they are stopping him is that we don't want him here. We don't take too kindly to people like him and don't want him in our country. What are American's thoughts on this?

    Edit: He was travelling to Cnada to debate several people about free speech including: Imam Steve Rockwell the director of Sheikh Deidat Mosque, Dr Masud Ansari a prominent Islamic author, Dr Bikram Lamba Canada’s most prominent Sikh leader and author, Ron Banerjee Director of Canadian Hindu Advocacy.
    Why do Canadians hate free speech?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #95
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    I imagine that preacher's view is that he's glad to get some more publicity.

  6. #96
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I imagine that preacher's view is that he's glad to get some more publicity.
    Paraphrasing an old cliche: There's no such thing as bad publicity.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #97
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,579

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why do Canadians hate free speech?
    If they do, it's probably for the same reason liberals in the U.S. hate free speech.

  8. #98
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Good for Canada. He aint welcome in Europe either. In fact many of those right wing hate mongers are not wanted outside the US.
    PeteEU

  9. #99
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Good for Canada. He aint welcome in Europe either. In fact many of those right wing hate mongers are not wanted outside the US.
    Which makes The United States of America the greatest nation in human history, because people aren't persecuted for their religious and political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #100
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Quran Burning Pastor Barred From Entry Into Canada [W:73]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Good for Canada. He aint welcome in Europe either. In fact many of those right wing hate mongers are not wanted outside the US.
    Yes, because it's not like other countries don't have their own "right wing hate mongers".

    Or, left-wing hate mongers, as well.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •