Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: International Day of the Girl

  1. #41
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    551

    Re: International Day of the Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's awkward that "white males" never complain when a white male is celebrated. President's Day? 43/44 white males celebrated. Columbus Day? Celebrating the day a white guy claims to have "discovered" America. Thanksgiving? Celebrating the last time white males were nice to the Indians. But no, we MUST specifically celebrate The White Male as if there were no other days where "white males" were celebrated.
    You could apply that same argument to things like black history Month. Why should there be a black history month if we already celebrate MLK Day? You're missing the point of his post entirely.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: International Day of the Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    LOL - why'd you change your post? Did you think it was offensive to me?

    Here - I'll run for president and just fix all this **** straight up. . . give me your vote and a million bucks and voila! Equal rights for all - as well as free chocolate and midol.

    If H Clinton ran for president would you vote for her? Do you vote for every female who runs for any seat in office?
    I changed my post because I am bored with this discussion.



    Have a nice day.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: International Day of the Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Im dead serious. What do you find so hard to believe? Conservatives always have something negative to say when a holiday/celebration of some NON white person is discussed..

    It's always "when are we going to get our (white) day."
    I once got into a debate with a person much like yourself that opposed black history month and all other special days/holidays for certain groups and their causes. I have actually done that a few times in fact. The opposition to such things as nothing to do with lean and it has nothing to do with racism or genderism, but of a general disapproval of the idea of holidays for pushing personal motivations.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: International Day of the Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The UN really has to stop thinking anyone cares what they think. They can declare whatever they want or push for whatever they want but the only countries that will care is the ones that signed on to it. Everyone else will lift their middle finger and let it linger until the UN moves on to the next issue that they decide to meddle in.

    In short, no one cares what you think UN, so STFU.
    Interesting.

    First you say no one cares what the UN thinks.

    Then you tell them to shut up.

    No one tells someone to shut up for if they do not care what they are saying...they just stop paying attention to them.

    But your first response is to try and muzzle them.

    Sounds link you do care what they think after all.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: International Day of the Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Interesting.

    First you say no one cares what the UN thinks.

    Then you tell them to shut up.

    No one tells someone to shut up for if they do not care what they are saying...they just stop paying attention to them.

    But your first response is to try and muzzle them.

    Sounds link you do care what they think after all.
    ??

    I honestly don't give two ****s what they think, but I know the US government might follow their nonsense if they agree with it. I consider that a danger to this country and I very much care about that.

    I'm personally tired of them declaring things rights and then seeing the government try to follow it. Positive rights are NOT rights, but violations of liberty.

  6. #46
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: International Day of the Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I changed my post because I am bored with this discussion.



    Have a nice day.
    LOL

    You just knew what was coming next - me pointing out your contradiction and attempt to claim superiority over other males and distance yourself from them as if they're vermin and you've somehow breached the wall.

    Apparently I have more faith in males than you do.

    But I think it's strange that you see 90% of males in politics as being aloof - or supportive, even - of views that might work against equality. But somehow women are still suppose to just sidestep all of them and make **** happen anyway?

    If 90% of said males (I know this is just an exaggerated figure for argumentative purposes) secretly oppose equality - then obviously that's a huge issue that has to continued to be dealt with rather than ignored, don't you think?

    And what do you suppose it was maybe 50 years ago - or 150 years ago? What would the % be of males who opposed equality either publicly or privately? Seems to me that we've come a very long way - but have a bit of a ways to go in our own country, yes? But still - we're getting there. . . and it's not going to be reversing which is of the utmost importance. The average male - whether he realizes it or not - does support equality. Why? Because a lot of men don't like the idea of having to take care of another adult for the rest of their lives.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #47
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: International Day of the Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Interesting.

    First you say no one cares what the UN thinks. Then you tell them to shut up. No one tells someone to shut up for if they do not care what they are saying...they just stop paying attention to them. But your first response is to try and muzzle them.
    Sounds link you do care what they think after all.
    Henrin's post accurately reflects how Americans feel about the UN. We would prefer that they were out of our country, let them take their expensive prostitutes, luxury apartments and limousines to some other country, we don't want them here. The UN is correctly perceived by Americans as a mechanism to transfer money from Americans to the UN delegates and a few 3rd world countries. Beyond that, to Americans, the UN seems to be bereft of an identifiable mission or accomplishment.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: International Day of the Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    LOL

    You just knew what was coming next - me pointing out your contradiction and attempt to claim superiority over other males and distance yourself from them as if they're vermin and you've somehow breached the wall.

    Apparently I have more faith in males than you do.

    But I think it's strange that you see 90% of males in politics as being aloof - or supportive, even - of views that might work against equality. But somehow women are still suppose to just sidestep all of them and make **** happen anyway?

    If 90% of said males (I know this is just an exaggerated figure for argumentative purposes) secretly oppose equality - then obviously that's a huge issue that has to continued to be dealt with rather than ignored, don't you think?

    And what do you suppose it was maybe 50 years ago - or 150 years ago? What would the % be of males who opposed equality either publicly or privately? Seems to me that we've come a very long way - but have a bit of a ways to go in our own country, yes? But still - we're getting there. . . and it's not going to be reversing which is of the utmost importance. The average male - whether he realizes it or not - does support equality. Why? Because a lot of men don't like the idea of having to take care of another adult for the rest of their lives.
    Lol...whatever.


    Have a nice day.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: International Day of the Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire X View Post
    You could apply that same argument to things like black history Month. Why should there be a black history month if we already celebrate MLK Day? You're missing the point of his post entirely.
    We celebrate black history month for the fact that MLK day is nothing but a token of appreciation to the kind of black civil rights leader the white protestant majority liked. Where is Malcolm X day? Huey P Newton day? Or are those black men not worthy of celebration too? MLK Jr was the kind of black man liked and revered by people not really interested in black civil rights for anything other than photo OPs.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #50
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: International Day of the Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I once got into a debate with a person much like yourself that opposed black history month and all other special days/holidays for certain groups and their causes. I have actually done that a few times in fact. The opposition to such things as nothing to do with lean and it has nothing to do with racism or genderism, but of a general disapproval of the idea of holidays for pushing personal motivations.
    Please point out someone that is liberal and is against those holidays. Of course there will be an exception to the rule, but let's not be naive, it's those of the RIGHT persuasion that have disdain for these NON white holidays. Are you one of them?
    Im guessing that you are.
    Last edited by madman; 10-13-12 at 12:34 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •