Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 160

Thread: Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist

  1. #1
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist

    "A spokesman for the Taliban in Pakistan's Swat Valley confirmed the terror organization was behind the shooting of a 14-year-old activist Tuesday.
    Malala Yousafzai was targeted by the Taliban because she is an outspoken advocate and supporter of education for girls. She was shot in the head on her way home from school in the main city of Mingora.


    According to one source inside the Pakistani Taliban, the terrorist organization felt threatened by the young girl because of her pro-west sentiments and promotion of Western cultures, her outspokenness against the Taliban and her love for U.S. President Barack Obama.


    Although the brutal attempted murder of such a young girl was met with outrage among many Pakistanis, a spokesman for the Taliban said they would target the girl again if she survived the shot to the head."

    Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist - Global Agenda - News - Israel National News

    As long as there are courageous people like this girl there is hope that someday people will experience those freedoms that many of us enjoy as a way of life. Life among the Taliban is a living hell.

  2. #2
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,576

    Re: Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    "A spokesman for the Taliban in Pakistan's Swat Valley confirmed the terror organization was behind the shooting of a 14-year-old activist Tuesday.
    Malala Yousafzai was targeted by the Taliban because she is an outspoken advocate and supporter of education for girls. She was shot in the head on her way home from school in the main city of Mingora.


    According to one source inside the Pakistani Taliban, the terrorist organization felt threatened by the young girl because of her pro-west sentiments and promotion of Western cultures, her outspokenness against the Taliban and her love for U.S. President Barack Obama.


    Although the brutal attempted murder of such a young girl was met with outrage among many Pakistanis, a spokesman for the Taliban said they would target the girl again if she survived the shot to the head."

    Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist - Global Agenda - News - Israel National News

    As long as there are courageous people like this girl there is hope that someday people will experience those freedoms that many of us enjoy as a way of life. Life among the Taliban is a living hell.
    Horrible, horrible people. When I was there they burned down a local girls' school that we helped build. They are intent to stay in the middle ages, and there they will stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #3
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist

    The Marine squad leader we know who was in the Helman District came to have a VERY low opinion of the Afghani people, who he saw as dedicated to deliberately remaining ignorant. He recalled talking to one and asking him wouldn't he like for his son to have an education and improve his life. The man replied no, that some day his son would have his sheep herd like he had from his father, so his son's life was determined when he was born, such is the will of Allah.

    The longer he was there, the less he liked them and the more he didn't care what happened to them.

  4. #4
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist

    This is terrible. Unfortunately, there will be many more deaths of brave women and men who are willing to fight for rights. RIP Malala.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #5
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The Marine squad leader we know who was in the Helman District came to have a VERY low opinion of the Afghani people, who he saw as dedicated to deliberately remaining ignorant. He recalled talking to one and asking him wouldn't he like for his son to have an education and improve his life. The man replied no, that some day his son would have his sheep herd like he had from his father, so his son's life was determined when he was born, such is the will of Allah.

    The longer he was there, the less he liked them and the more he didn't care what happened to them.
    And people think I'm a hardass because I don't believe we can bring democracy to people who aren't socially and psychologically ready for it. I know several peeps who have spent time there, both as military, and as contractors. The concensus is that it's pretty much a hopeless cause, until a major change happens from within, and I don't expect that for another thousand years or so.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  6. #6
    Professor
    Hairytic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    10-01-13 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The Marine squad leader we know who was in the Helman District came to have a VERY low opinion of the Afghani people, who he saw as dedicated to deliberately remaining ignorant. He recalled talking to one and asking him wouldn't he like for his son to have an education and improve his life. The man replied no, that some day his son would have his sheep herd like he had from his father, so his son's life was determined when he was born, such is the will of Allah.

    The longer he was there, the less he liked them and the more he didn't care what happened to them.
    The thing is, there are people like there here in the US, and we have had a longer time to adjust to the idea of freedom.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,184

    Re: Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    "A spokesman for the Taliban in Pakistan's Swat Valley confirmed the terror organization was behind the shooting of a 14-year-old activist Tuesday.
    Malala Yousafzai was targeted by the Taliban because she is an outspoken advocate and supporter of education for girls. She was shot in the head on her way home from school in the main city of Mingora.


    According to one source inside the Pakistani Taliban, the terrorist organization felt threatened by the young girl because of her pro-west sentiments and promotion of Western cultures, her outspokenness against the Taliban and her love for U.S. President Barack Obama.


    Although the brutal attempted murder of such a young girl was met with outrage among many Pakistanis, a spokesman for the Taliban said they would target the girl again if she survived the shot to the head."

    Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist - Global Agenda - News - Israel National News

    As long as there are courageous people like this girl there is hope that someday people will experience those freedoms that many of us enjoy as a way of life. Life among the Taliban is a living hell.

    It is good to be reminded of the mindset of the people we are fighting against. This is what many of the terrorist orgs and their state supporters would like to impose on the entire world, if they ever got the chance.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #8
    Professor
    Hairytic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    10-01-13 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    And people think I'm a hardass because I don't believe we can bring democracy to people who aren't socially and psychologically ready for it. I know several peeps who have spent time there, both as military, and as contractors. The concensus is that it's pretty much a hopeless cause, until a major change happens from within, and I don't expect that for another thousand years or so.
    The interesting thing about history is, it shows how people go through the process of change. We didn't transition to change so well either. Women were not even allowed to vote until 1920, and we had to fight for that right. It isn't exactly fair to expect people to do better than we did when government and culture starts to go through a major change.

  9. #9
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post
    The interesting thing about history is, it shows how people go through the process of change. We didn't transition to change so well either. Women were not even allowed to vote until 1920, and we had to fight for that right. It isn't exactly fair to expect people to do better than we did when government and culture starts to go through a major change.
    I don't expect anything of them at all. I just believe they should be taking care of their own issues, and we should mind our own business. It's a cold cruel world out there, and the only thing that can change people, are the people themselves. Their culture is not ready for change on a grand scale, or they would already be making the transition.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  10. #10
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Pakistani Taliban Shoots 14 Year Old Activist

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    It is good to be reminded of the mindset of the people we are fighting against. This is what many of the terrorist orgs and their state supporters would like to impose on the entire world, if they ever got the chance.
    This is a good way to answers these creeps...survive and become a symbol of her cause for freedom and education. I do not believe these people will change but for this 14 year old to stand against the Taliban and their means of disposing of problems may inspire others.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •