Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Bond-Rating Agency Downgrades Chicago Public Schools Debt

  1. #11
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Bond-Rating Agency Downgrades Chicago Public Schools Debt

    Well, I would like to point out that an A2 credit rating means that one has a "Very strong capacity to meet financial commitments." (S&P | Ratings Credit Ratings Definitions & FAQs | Americas) I would also like to state that Chicago public schools, even with this downgrade, still have a better credit rating than a lot of countries. (List of countries by credit rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Bond-Rating Agency Downgrades Chicago Public Schools Debt

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Well, I would like to point out that an A2 credit rating means that one has a "Very strong capacity to meet financial commitments." (S&P | Ratings Credit Ratings Definitions & FAQs | Americas) I would also like to state that Chicago public schools, even with this downgrade, still have a better credit rating than a lot of countries. (List of countries by credit rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    It's not a strong argument when Bulgaria gets a positive credit rating and the USA gets a negative.

    It's time for Hope, and definitely a Change.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Bond-Rating Agency Downgrades Chicago Public Schools Debt

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It's not a strong argument when Bulgaria gets a positive credit rating and the USA gets a negative.

    It's time for Hope, and definitely a Change.
    Bulgaria has a lower rating than the United States. And if you're looking for blame on our credit rating why not blame the Republican who took it hostage, hell he even said so himself that they used the debt ceiling and default crisis as a way to gain political concessions.

    “I think some of our members may have thought the default issue was a hostage you might take a chance at shooting,” he said. “Most of us didn’t think that. What we did learn is this — it’s a hostage that’s worth ransoming. And it focuses the Congress on something that must be done.”
    McConnell Admits To Taking Debt Ceiling 'Hostage': It's 'Worth Ransoming' | ThinkProgress

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Bond-Rating Agency Downgrades Chicago Public Schools Debt

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Bulgaria has a lower rating than the United States. And if you're looking for blame on our credit rating why not blame the Republican who took it hostage, hell he even said so himself that they used the debt ceiling and default crisis as a way to gain political concessions.



    McConnell Admits To Taking Debt Ceiling 'Hostage': It's 'Worth Ransoming' | ThinkProgress
    Did you reafd the article from which you got that link? be sure you get direct quotes from everyone and be sure they are clewar in what they are saying.

    You do know that Obama held control over the House and Senate for two years, right?

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Bond-Rating Agency Downgrades Chicago Public Schools Debt

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Did you reafd the article from which you got that link? be sure you get direct quotes from everyone and be sure they are clewar in what they are saying.

    You do know that Obama held control over the House and Senate for two years, right?
    How is that relevant to a debate and event that took place when that was not the case?

  6. #16
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,579

    Re: Bond-Rating Agency Downgrades Chicago Public Schools Debt

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Because suggesting that a local community organizer who worked with some Catholic chruchs in the late 80s for three years has anything to do with bond ratings in 2012 should be something instantly recognized as ridiculous and sarcastic.
    ACORN is a Catholic church. There are miracles.

    I wonder who in their right mind would buy school bonds, or any bonds, related to Chicago?

  7. #17
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,920

    Re: Bond-Rating Agency Downgrades Chicago Public Schools Debt

    Given the fact that Chicago schools are running out of money, their credit got dumped.

    The fact that they just gave teachers making an average annual salary of $76,000 a 16% raise over the next 4 years, Chicago's debt will only get much worse.

    Chicago has the fiscal responsibility of a 3 year old.

    Sadly, the state of IL. is much worse.....
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •