Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 250

Thread: Maine GOP attack Dem for playing World of Warcraft!

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Maine GOP attack Dem for playing World of Warcraft!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I see you've hit a new low.

    Quite shameful really Grant.

    Quite shameful.
    Really, Jetbogieman?

    Where's the problem?

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Maine GOP attack Dem for playing World of Warcraft!

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Never been a programmer have ya?
    months playing a game for 22 hours a day, sleeping for 3 a day? Not possible, don't care who you are.

  3. #53
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Maine GOP attack Dem for playing World of Warcraft!

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The video game industry is a mult-billion dollar industry, out preforming both music, and movies, so yeah everybody games.
    No, they don't and no, it doesn't outperform music and movies. It true, a lot of people play video games, no need to exaggerate.

  4. #54
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Maine GOP attack Dem for playing World of Warcraft!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    months playing a game for 22 hours a day, sleeping for 3 a day? Not possible, don't care who you are.
    Heh, I've done it for weeks, not months though (programming not game play). However, that was a typo on my part. The figure given was 22 hrs a week, that why later in the post I said half the average work week.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Maine GOP attack Dem for playing World of Warcraft!

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Heh, I've done it for weeks, not months though (programming not game play). However, that was a typo on my part. The figure given was 22 hrs a week, that why later in the post I said half the average work week.
    O then yes 22 a week, totally possible.

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Maine GOP attack Dem for playing World of Warcraft!

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, they don't and no, it doesn't outperform music and movies. It true, a lot of people play video games, no need to exaggerate.
    Learn the facts.

    Grand Theft Auto IV, a video game, recorded sales of $310 million… on its first day.

    It's not the first time video games have made a one-day killing like that. Game sales have outpaced movies for some time now. For the first time last year, the video game industry surpassed the movie industry in gross sales.
    The Video Game Industry: An $18 Billion Entertainment Juggernaut - Seeking Alpha
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #57
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-12 @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    498

    Re: Maine GOP attack Dem for playing World of Warcraft!

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The video game industry is a mult-billion dollar industry, out preforming both music, and movies, so yeah everybody games.
    So is the Italian sports car industry.

    Does that mean everyone drives a Ferrari, Maserati, or Lamborghini too?

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Maine GOP attack Dem for playing World of Warcraft!

    Quote Originally Posted by Donahue View Post
    So is the Italian sports car industry.

    Does that mean everyone drives a Ferrari, Maserati, or Lamborghini too?
    Consumers spent $24.75 billion on video games, hardware and accessories in 2011.
    Purchases of digital content accounted for 31 percent of game sales in 2011, generating $7.3 billion in revenue.
    The average U.S. household owns at least one dedicated game console, PC or smartphone.
    The average game player is 30 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.
    The average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 35 years old.
    Forty-seven percent of all game players are women. In fact, women over the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (30 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (18 percent).
    Sixty-two percent of gamers play games with others, either in-person or online.
    Thirty-three percent of gamers play games on their smartphones, and 25 percent play games on their handheld device.
    Seventy-three percent of all games sold in 2011 were rated "E" for Everyone, "T" for Teen, or "E10+" for Everyone 10+. For more information on game ratings, please see Entertainment Software Rating Board .
    Parents are present when games are purchased or rented 90 percent of the time.
    The Entertainment Software Association - Industry Facts

    Also here's a PDF with some more facts that prove you wrong.

    http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/ESA_EF_2012.pdf
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #59
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-12 @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    498

    Re: Maine GOP attack Dem for playing World of Warcraft!

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You haven't posted a single fact that proves me wrong.

    I do not play video games.

    Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Maine GOP attack Dem for playing World of Warcraft!

    Quote Originally Posted by Donahue View Post
    You haven't posted a single fact that proves me wrong.

    I do not play video games.
    I've posted numerous facts that you are wrong, and just because you don't play games, doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't play games.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •