Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 557

Thread: Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' [W:108]

  1. #511
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' [W:108]

    I wrote, "Why do you object to simple facts?"
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post

    It wasn't all Republicans. If it was we'd be living in utopia after 6 years of all Republicans. You're too partisan, and lack the simplest critical reasoning skills.
    I am sorry. I didn't mean to put you in a corner so you would have to say, "I've got nothing."

  2. #512
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' [W:108]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I wrote, "Why do you object to simple facts?"

    I am sorry. I didn't mean to put you in a corner so you would have to say, "I've got nothing."
    I object to your BS interpretation of them. I am sorry if it requires too much thought to see past party.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #513
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' [W:108]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Your tale reminds me of the story of the man who, while viewing the skyline, from the top of the Empire State building, was blown over the side and began his plummet to the ground. As he was passing the 50th floor someone yelled out to him, "How are you doing?" The man replied, "So far, so good."

    Eventually you will hit the ground because eventually the makers will grow weary of supporting their Taker extended family. Socialists always run out of other people's money.
    No, that is not the way things work here.

    Firstly, the "makers" as you call them are in the majority in this country. As they are in yours, except for some strange reason the right thinks that anyone and everyone on welfare, food stamps etc., are moochers and leeches.

    Secondly, Canadians believe that there are those that are in need and require assistance. We don't begrudge them, we help them. In ontario, those who are welfare and deemed able to work must do unpaid community work as well as look for employment. There are programs that attempt to eliminate welfare fraud that are reasonably effective, but if want to find some "welfare queens" in the system its not all that hard. Since we are a fairly pragmatic people, we don't condemn the entire system because a very small percentage abuse it. there is no complex system of social organization that is perfect, the question is how effective is it.

    Thirdly, we believe that access to healthcare is a right of citizenship. We do not believe that provision of healthcare should be a profit making venture. We spread the cost contributions amongst a strong partnership between the federal, provincial, local governments, medium to large business and employed citizens.

    Fourthly, we don't consider it "other peoples money", we consider it Canadian's money. Each citizen contributes based on their ability to pay. Each business contributes on their ability to pay. If that means an individual must take home 3 or 5% less or a business must pay 5% more, we do it - we may bitch a bit, but we do it, because we beleive that we are all responsible for building and maintaining our quality of life.

    We ain't perfect, and we don't have all the answers, but we do have a certain stoic attitude that seems entirely at odds with many americans.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  4. #514
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' [W:108]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I see. So what part of this story do you object to? The one term Marxist received money in the form of campaign contributions from bundlers. He won the election. He caused the government to give billions of dollars to his bundlers (have you heard of Solyndra, as an example?). His bundlers enriched themselves and gave more campaign contributions to the one term Marxist and his fellow travelers in the Democratic party. Solyndra, and other bundler green-exercises-in fairytale making went bankrupt.
    He didn't "cause" it; the types of loan guarantees you're complaining about that went to alternative energy companies and/or new technologies in the auto industry (even if it meant attempts to start new automakers) were a continuation of programs originated from the GW Bush Administration. Moreover, the argument you're attempting to make where the Administration alledgedly did "favors" for their wealthy donors is nothing more than repeated actions from previous presidencies. Not condoning the behavior; just saying this is nothing new. Personnally, I'd like to see major changes in campaign finance, as well as the reversal of Citizen's United, but I seriously doubt either will happen any time soon. But to your direct accusation of illegal use of bundled campaign contributions to the President, Committee's held their investigations, had their hearings and found no evidence to support your claim. I say time to move on from attempting to continue such slander.

  5. #515
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' [W:108]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I object to your BS interpretation of them. I am sorry if it requires too much thought to see past party.
    A simple, "I've got nothing," from you would have been sufficient.

  6. #516
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' [W:108]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    No, that is not the way things work here.

    Firstly, the "makers" as you call them are in the majority in this country. As they are in yours, except for some strange reason the right thinks that anyone and everyone on welfare, food stamps etc., are moochers and leeches.

    Secondly, Canadians believe that there are those that are in need and require assistance. We don't begrudge them, we help them. In ontario, those who are welfare and deemed able to work must do unpaid community work as well as look for employment. There are programs that attempt to eliminate welfare fraud that are reasonably effective, but if want to find some "welfare queens" in the system its not all that hard. Since we are a fairly pragmatic people, we don't condemn the entire system because a very small percentage abuse it. there is no complex system of social organization that is perfect, the question is how effective is it.

    Thirdly, we believe that access to healthcare is a right of citizenship. We do not believe that provision of healthcare should be a profit making venture. We spread the cost contributions amongst a strong partnership between the federal, provincial, local governments, medium to large business and employed citizens.

    Fourthly, we don't consider it "other peoples money", we consider it Canadian's money. Each citizen contributes based on their ability to pay. Each business contributes on their ability to pay. If that means an individual must take home 3 or 5% less or a business must pay 5% more, we do it - we may bitch a bit, but we do it, because we beleive that we are all responsible for building and maintaining our quality of life.

    We ain't perfect, and we don't have all the answers, but we do have a certain stoic attitude that seems entirely at odds with many americans.
    The bolded parts identify Canada, from your perspective, as a Marxist/socialist state. They always fail. Radical Karl described your beliefs a bit better. "From each according to his abilities, To each according to his need."
    That stoicism you see...are you so certain it is not resignation?

  7. #517
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' [W:108]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    He didn't "cause" it; the types of loan guarantees you're complaining about that went to alternative energy companies and/or new technologies in the auto industry (even if it meant attempts to start new automakers) were a continuation of programs originated from the GW Bush Administration. Moreover, the argument you're attempting to make where the Administration alledgedly did "favors" for their wealthy donors is nothing more than repeated actions from previous presidencies. Not condoning the behavior; just saying this is nothing new. Personnally, I'd like to see major changes in campaign finance, as well as the reversal of Citizen's United, but I seriously doubt either will happen any time soon. But to your direct accusation of illegal use of bundled campaign contributions to the President, Committee's held their investigations, had their hearings and found no evidence to support your claim. I say time to move on from attempting to continue such slander.
    I suppose to the typical Obama-drone it is just a coincidence that the Obama-bundlers received vast sums of taxpayer money, gave Obama and the democratic party huge campaign contributions and then saw their green companies go bankrupt while the bundlers became millionaires.

    Yeah. I believe Obama is a crook in addition be being a Marxist. After President Romney takes office and the Senate reverts to Republican control we can hold hearings and begin to put all the crooks into jail where they belong.

  8. #518
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' [W:108]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    The bolded parts identify Canada, from your perspective, as a Marxist/socialist state. They always fail. Radical Karl described your beliefs a bit better. "From each according to his abilities, To each according to his need."
    That stoicism you see...are you so certain it is not resignation?
    Sorry man, but you obviously have absolutely no idea was a marxist state is all about. Yes, we have socialism - as a matter of fact you have exactly the same kinds of socialism that we do..


    You have welfare - we have welfare
    You have food stamps - we have welfare allowance
    You have unemployment insurance - we have unemployment insurance
    You have single payer healthcare for veterans - we have single payer healthcare for all
    You have social insurance - we have social insurance
    You have farm subsidies to lower food costs - we have farm subsidies to do the same
    You have industrial subsidies to encourage certain corporate behaviours - we have industrial subsidies to do the same.

    You have bloc transfers of federal $ to states - we have transfer payments of federal $ to provinces
    (America's fiscal union: The red and the black | The Economist)

    Near as I can figure, the US has been a socialist state for decades under both republican and democratic regimes.
    And yes, it sure as hell ain't resignation - we are damn proud of our county and our social compact.

    Can't understand why americans like you aren't proud of your social compact since its been an integral part of your economic structure for at least 50 years.

    Maybe you should stop thinking that those in need are leeches and start thinking that they are fellow citizens who need a helping hand. Just like you and yours, they are part of the fabric of your culture and nation. Indeed, for the party who beleives God is on their side, it seems there's a lot of republicans who reject christian teachings in favour of greed and prejudice = Most unchristian.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  9. #519
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' [W:108]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I suppose to the typical Obama-drone it is just a coincidence that the Obama-bundlers received vast sums of taxpayer money, gave Obama and the democratic party huge campaign contributions and then saw their green companies go bankrupt while the bundlers became millionaires.

    Yeah. I believe Obama is a crook in addition be being a Marxist. After President Romney takes office and the Senate reverts to Republican control we can hold hearings and begin to put all the crooks into jail where they belong.
    does da name Halliburton ring a bell. If you think that republican excrement don't stink just as much a democratic excrement, then you were blind from 2000 to 2008. (id' go back further, but not sure if you were politically/economically aware back in the day).
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  10. #520
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' [W:108]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    Sorry man, but you obviously have absolutely no idea was a marxist state is all about. Yes, we have socialism - as a matter of fact you have exactly the same kinds of socialism that we do..
    It is an easy statement but a wrong one. When your state takes its central tenets, as explained by you, to be a core belief of Radical Karl himself then yours is a Marxist state. You may not yet experience all of the ill effects of Marxism but they are coming, to Canada as they will come to us in the United States.

    You have welfare - we have welfare
    You have food stamps - we have welfare allowance
    You have unemployment insurance - we have unemployment insurance
    You have single payer healthcare for veterans - we have single payer healthcare for all
    You have social insurance - we have social insurance
    You have farm subsidies to lower food costs - we have farm subsidies to do the same
    You have industrial subsidies to encourage certain corporate behaviours - we have industrial subsidies to do the same.

    You have bloc transfers of federal $ to states - we have transfer payments of federal $ to provinces
    (America's fiscal union: The red and the black | The Economist)


    Near as I can figure, the US has been a socialist state for decades under both republican and democratic regimes.
    Do you think I disagree? We have been slowly moving away from the Constitution and toward Marxist European socialism. As have you.
    And yes, it sure as hell ain't resignation - we are damn proud of our county and our social compact.
    In the end you will suffer the same fate no matter how proud of your socialism you are today. I believe it is inevitable.

    Can't understand why americans like you aren't proud of your social compact since its been an integral part of your economic structure for at least 50 years.
    Those who prefer to be subjects are no doubt pleased with the level of tyranny we have today and would prefer far more in the future. They are children, fools, and knaves. Those of us who are citizens prefer liberty to slavery.

    Maybe you should stop thinking that those in need are leeches and start thinking that they are fellow citizens who need a helping hand. Just like you and yours, they are part of the fabric of your culture and nation. Indeed, for the party who beleives God is on their side, it seems there's a lot of republicans who reject christian teachings in favour of greed and prejudice = Most unchristian.
    The poor need jobs. They do not need maternalistic government. They need the dignity of standing on their own rather than crouching and kissing the hand that feeds them in return for their vote.

    I cannot speak for Christians. I can speak to your error. You believe that choosing for oneself is greed. I suspect it is because you have no idea what freedom is like. Your way leads to the most awful consequences.

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •