Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 136

Thread: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

  1. #71
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,388

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Regardless of what political party was on the T-shirt, left or right, the teacher should be fired. Even if it was a joke. Fire her. That is unacceptable.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #72
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki97 View Post
    I admitted the teacher was in the wrong in my first post. I guess you ADD prevents you from paging back that far so here is the quote "Even so, I believe the teacher should be disciplined as her actions were incorrect and unwarranted." What is obvious is that YOU would not be defending this girl as the pillar of virtue, based only on her side of events, if the tables were reversed. As I mentioned, I didn't see you screaming free speech when a student was physically assaulted by an administrator for voicing her opinion and the most obvious conclusion is because it didn't have anything to do with your political agenda. You also still cannot seem to grasp that I have never claimed she violated any dress code. I have said I believe a dress code prohibiting any political message would be a good idea. If you don't have any such restriction you are opening a door not easily closed. Why wouldn't you consider a "KKK Pride" sweatshirt to be a political expression of free speech? Would it be because it isn't as popular as support for Romney and is that your criteria for protected speech?
    Huh, trying to cover you partisan screeds by suggesting I have ADD now? Yes, you hit on the truth in your first post, and then buried it with excuse after excuse for your fellow Obamadroid. The rest, well more strawman from you. Did I even comment on the thread/issue you're using as a distraction? Maybe a link to the thread itself. I don't recall even seeing it here.

    Keep digging, the hole you've created for yourself is just getting larger.

  3. #73
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-12 @ 03:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    481

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Huh, trying to cover you partisan screeds by suggesting I have ADD now? Yes, you hit on the truth in your first post, and then buried it with excuse after excuse for your fellow Obamadroid. The rest, well more strawman from you. Did I even comment on the thread/issue you're using as a distraction? Maybe a link to the thread itself. I don't recall even seeing it here.

    Keep digging, the hole you've created for yourself is just getting larger.
    There's only one hole here and for some reason I keep responding to him. The thread was a whopping ten days ago. Looks like my ADD comment was spot on. I'm sure if it had been titled "Romney supporter paddled by assistant principle" you would have been all over it. Never have I reversed myself on stating the teacher was out of line in what she did. I just don't think it merits quite the witch hunt you conservatives want, particularly since we only have one side of the story and the school has just begun its investigation. I know you righties are ready to crown this girl Miss Wingnut 2012 but it is still possible this entire incident was planned by her parents to make some cash. It's enlightening of the right's double standard that so many of you immediately jumped to the conclusion that the multiple women who accused Herman Cain of sexual misconduct were all gold diggers but refuse to even accept the possibility of such a motive here.

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    the teacher should be disciplined.

    I don't care what spin you want to put on it.. I don't care what kind of conspiracy you want to attribute to the student.
    the student did absolutely nothing wrong... and was mocked and ridiculed by her teacher for it.

    I don't understand why some folks in here are trying to lay blame on he student...
    well, that's not true, I do understand, i just find it sad that partisanship gets in the way of doing/saying the right thing.

    well done, because of your support for Obama, you have just condoned the bullying of a student by here teacher... well done indeed.

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I call BS. This was no joke. The teacher is trying to cover her arse.

    As a Chaosian, I believe the teacher has every right to ridicule a student for any reason whatsoever...

    ... and the student has the right to challenge the teacher to a duel to restore his honor that was impugned by her insults.



    Wogdon_Duelling_pistols_1.jpg

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #76
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki97 View Post
    No, I based it on common sense and having some idea of what I was talking about. I'm sure both concepts are foreign to you.
    Says the guy who's been making things up this entire conversation.

    You just keep on keepin' on. Like I told some other new guy, there are all already enough long-standing members who can't be bothered to address what I actually say without making things up, so I have no reason to take a new one under my wing.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #77
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-12 @ 03:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    481

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Says the guy who's been making things up this entire conversation.

    You just keep on keepin' on. Like I told some other new guy, there are all already enough long-standing members who can't be bothered to address what I actually say without making things up, so I have no reason to take a new one under my wing.
    Probably a good thing when you can't admit you were wrong and just go away to sulk like a normal individual. I'm far too old to be taken under someone's wing and even if I wasn't I'd prefer someone who knew what they were talking about.

  8. #78
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-12 @ 03:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    481

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    the teacher should be disciplined.

    I don't care what spin you want to put on it.. I don't care what kind of conspiracy you want to attribute to the student.
    the student did absolutely nothing wrong... and was mocked and ridiculed by her teacher for it.

    I don't understand why some folks in here are trying to lay blame on he student...
    well, that's not true, I do understand, i just find it sad that partisanship gets in the way of doing/saying the right thing.

    well done, because of your support for Obama, you have just condoned the bullying of a student by here teacher... well done indeed.
    I'll try to say this in as small of words as possible so that you might finally get it. Nowhere have I endorsed what the teacher did or other students taking violent action. Mostly I have said A) We only have the girl and her parents' side of the story so far. B) A policy that prohibits all political apparel would be a good idea and would have prevented the entire incident. C) My PERSONAL suspicion is the parents put her up to this hoping for a reaction either for money or publicity. Now, go and try to find some other conservative in dire peril to get righteously indignant over.

  9. #79
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki97 View Post
    There's only one hole here and for some reason I keep responding to him. The thread was a whopping ten days ago. Looks like my ADD comment was spot on. I'm sure if it had been titled "Romney supporter paddled by assistant principle" you would have been all over it. Never have I reversed myself on stating the teacher was out of line in what she did. I just don't think it merits quite the witch hunt you conservatives want, particularly since we only have one side of the story and the school has just begun its investigation. I know you righties are ready to crown this girl Miss Wingnut 2012 but it is still possible this entire incident was planned by her parents to make some cash. It's enlightening of the right's double standard that so many of you immediately jumped to the conclusion that the multiple women who accused Herman Cain of sexual misconduct were all gold diggers but refuse to even accept the possibility of such a motive here.
    Still no link or any proof on your part that anyone on this thread even commented on the matter. Just more generalized insults to cover your dodge away from the topic of this thread. And now you invoke Hermain cain? What's next, you going to go Godwin to protect a fellow Obamadroid?

    No one is lionizing the girl here, with one notable exception (that's you) we're all going after the idiot partisan teacher. AND we're all going after her for abusing a student in the name of partisanship. The only double standard here is again, you, who has done everything to cast the light away from a fellow Obama supporter.

    Look, I haven't read the thread, but I'll throw you a bone, if the principal in that other matter did behave as you said, he should be fired just as this numbskull should be fired.

  10. #80
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki97 View Post
    Probably a good thing when you can't admit you were wrong and just go away to sulk like a normal individual. I'm far too old to be taken under someone's wing and even if I wasn't I'd prefer someone who knew what they were talking about.
    Yeah. I'll bet at this point you don't even know the difference between the copious absurdities you invented and attributed to me, and what I actually did say, in order for you to call me wrong.

    Look, this game has been played long before you got here and will continue long after you flame out. Your passing will be as little-noticed as a gnat in a gymnasium. Your buzzing no longer holds my interest.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •