Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 136

Thread: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

  1. #11
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Teachers can't be fired. They get sent to the rubber room, where they can draw a nice salary for doing nothing.
    Unfortunately, there's way too much truth to this statement.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #12
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-12 @ 03:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    481

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Donahue View Post
    So the parents sent their teenage daughter to school wearing a Romney t-shirt as an ingenious ploy to get the teacher to accuse her of being in the Klu Klux Klan, etc. in order to get their name in the paper?

    OK.

    If the teacher has that strong of political views and the poor judgment to do what she did, you don't think she has given an indication of those views prior to this incident? I guess it would never occur to you to question the wisdom of the parents allowing their child to wear the shirt into an environment where it might have led to physical altercations with other students? Since neither the girl nor her fellow students can vote, it seems somewhat provocative to begin with. My opinion is all political apparel of any sort should be banned from schools since it has no place there. My freedom of speech would allow me to wear a shirt glorifying Hitler out in public but I doubt any public school would allow it as it would be considered disruptive.

  3. #13
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki97 View Post
    If the teacher has that strong of political views and the poor judgment to do what she did, you don't think she has given an indication of those views prior to this incident? I guess it would never occur to you to question the wisdom of the parents allowing their child to wear the shirt into an environment where it might have led to physical altercations with other students? Since neither the girl nor her fellow students can vote, it seems somewhat provocative to begin with. My opinion is all political apparel of any sort should be banned from schools since it has no place there. My freedom of speech would allow me to wear a shirt glorifying Hitler out in public but I doubt any public school would allow it as it would be considered disruptive.
    Absolute partisan rubbish in an issue where it doesn't belong. She was fine all day in school until she went to GEOMETRY class. And a school where a t-shirt endorsing a political candidate starts violence has geat problems and should be closed to begin with. As to "provocative", are you joking? You'd be falling all over yourself to organize against the teacher if the student abused had been wearing an Obama t-shirt.

    The school district admin has already rung in on the legality of the t-shirt - read the damn article.

  4. #14
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-12 @ 03:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    481

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Absolute partisan rubbish in an issue where it doesn't belong. She was fine all day in school until she went to GEOMETRY class. And a school where a t-shirt endorsing a political candidate starts violence has geat problems and should be closed to begin with. As to "provocative", are you joking? You'd be falling all over yourself to organize against the teacher if the student abused had been wearing an Obama t-shirt.

    The school district admin has already rung in on the legality of the t-shirt - read the damn article.

    I didn't say what their policy is, I said what I think it should be which would include prohibiting pro Obama apparel also. Just because you are a partisan hypocrite, doesn't mean everyone else is. And you are incorrect that the only issue the student experienced was with the teacher. A young woman walking down the street of a bad neighborhood drunk and in a bikini at 3am doesn't give anyone permission to rape her but it sure isn't a very intelligent thing to do.

    Teen who wore Romney t-shirt afraid to go to school - Philly.com

  5. #15
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,791

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki97 View Post
    I didn't say what their policy is, I said what I think it should be which would include prohibiting pro Obama apparel also. Just because you are a partisan hypocrite, doesn't mean everyone else is. And you are incorrect that the only issue the student experienced was with the teacher. A young woman walking down the street of a bad neighborhood drunk and in a bikini at 3am doesn't give anyone permission to rape her but it sure isn't a very intelligent thing to do.

    Teen who wore Romney t-shirt afraid to go to school - Philly.com
    Afraid to go to school? What, because high school students are so strongly political?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #16
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-12 @ 03:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    481

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Afraid to go to school? What, because high school students are so strongly political?
    From the article, it appears the students support the teacher and think the girl is lying or misrepresenting the situation. That in itself seems unusual since I doubt many teachers get a strong level of student support.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,542

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki97 View Post
    From the article, it appears the students support the teacher and think the girl is lying or misrepresenting the situation. That in itself seems unusual since I doubt many teachers get a strong level of student support.
    They wouldn't, not in a case like this, which is why I doubt that we have all of the facts of what really happened.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #18
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-12 @ 03:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    481

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    They wouldn't, not in a case like this, which is why I doubt that we have all of the facts of what really happened.
    Hard to say. Maybe she just isn't very well liked to begin with though I don't discount the possibility the parents are embellishing this aspect since it's obvious they are intending a lawsuit.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki97 View Post
    From the article, it appears the students support the teacher and think the girl is lying or misrepresenting the situation. That in itself seems unusual since I doubt many teachers get a strong level of student support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    They wouldn't, not in a case like this, which is why I doubt that we have all of the facts of what really happened.
    What would she gain from lying?

  10. #20
    Resident Cat Expert
    Green Balls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Last Seen
    11-13-15 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: Teacher Ridicules Student for Romney T-Shirt

    If the student is that afraid of going to school, maybe she should have thought it through before wearing that shirt to school. I think this is a ridiculous situation. Hardly even close to controversy in my book. When I was in school, students were almost expelled for wearing a Metallica "Metal Up Your A**" t-shirt. Hardly comparable to wearing a Romney t-shirt. Something smells fishy about this. It screams "Parents want a payout".
    Scientific fact: If you took all of the veins from your body and laid them end to end, you would die.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •