Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 209

Thread: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Falls to 7.8%; 114,000 Jobs Added

  1. #181
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Falls to 7.8%; 114,000 Jobs Added

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Guess who missed the entire point of my post (which was the culmination of several)? You.
    Guess who missed the entire past 5 years of economic history (not to mention the last 50) and wants to pretend that his version of what happened is reality? You.

    I get that your ilk really don't want to actually apply actual economic history and knowledge to the circumstances. You want to bash Obama. And you want to ignore everything that gets in your way. Including the fact that The GOP openly admitted they were going to block everything. I know that if a Republican was in office now and the Democrats did just what the GOP did, you'd be calling them traitors.

    And I get you don't have the maturity or the education to actually understand the topic.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #182
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Falls to 7.8%; 114,000 Jobs Added

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Given that growth is sputtering at barely above 1%, whereas the post-war average for growth in a recovery is about 5 hundred times that amount, yes, it does indeed speak for itself
    C'mon dude. I know you know it's dishonest to compare a period of relative stability to a period of near epic financial collapse coupled with years of deleveraging.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #183
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Falls to 7.8%; 114,000 Jobs Added

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Interesting ... look at the years when each of those recessions began ... 1981, 1990, 2001, and 2007.

    1981 - Reagan (R)
    1990 - Bush (R)
    2001 - Bush (R)
    2007 - Bush (R)

    You may complain that Obama isn't cleaning up Bush's mess fast enough but I think the bigger complaint is that Republicans keep ****ing up the economy.
    Sheik, 2 of the 4 years you cited are years when Republicans just took over for a Dem. Those years being 1981 and 2001. Both parties screw up the economy. It's not ALL any President's fault when the economy is bad. It's Congress as well as a lot of other people.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #184
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Falls to 7.8%; 114,000 Jobs Added

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Guess who missed the entire past 5 years of economic history (not to mention the last 50) and wants to pretend that his version of what happened is reality? You.

    I get that your ilk really don't want to actually apply actual economic history and knowledge to the circumstances. You want to bash Obama. And you want to ignore everything that gets in your way. Including the fact that The GOP openly admitted they were going to block everything. I know that if a Republican was in office now and the Democrats did just what the GOP did, you'd be calling them traitors.

    And I get you don't have the maturity or the education to actually understand the topic.


    I know you feel better and all superior and everything for having typed this word salad, but it doesn't change that you missed my point entirely. This is not my problem. Nor is anything further you'd like to type until you actually grasp what I said. But I suspect the sublime arrogance with which you typically approach these things will prevent you from going back and figuring it out.

    Either way, I'm of no mood to deal with your usual spittle-flecked diatribes. Dixi.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #185
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Falls to 7.8%; 114,000 Jobs Added

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post


    I know you feel better and all superior and everything for having typed this word salad, but it doesn't change that you missed my point entirely. This is not my problem. Nor is anything further you'd like to type until you actually grasp what I said. But I suspect the sublime arrogance with which you typically approach these things will prevent you from going back and figuring it out.

    Either way, I'm of no mood to deal with your usual spittle-flecked diatribes. Dixi.
    On the off chance this is the first time you've ever showed any critical thinking capabilities, I'm going to once again say you're wrong. Not once here have you ever displayed the capacity to analyze and critically think about economic conditions. I apologize if this is the first time you have done so in 7 years. It's find the sound bite, attack the Democrat.

    And you know full well that I'm right. If the Democrats did what the GOP did to a Republican President, you'd call them traitors.

    But I can't hold that too much against you. Very few people here are actually capable of doing economic critical analysis.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #186
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Falls to 7.8%; 114,000 Jobs Added

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    On the off chance this is the first time you've ever showed any critical thinking capabilities, I'm going to once again say you're wrong. Not once here have you ever displayed the capacity to analyze and critically think about economic conditions. I apologize if this is the first time you have done so in 7 years. It's find the sound bite, attack the Democrat.

    And you know full well that I'm right. If the Democrats did what the GOP did to a Republican President, you'd call them traitors.

    But I can't hold that too much against you. Very few people here are actually capable of doing economic critical analysis.
    Yeah, oC. You don't even know what I said, and you admit it here, but you still say it's wrong. You're not even bothering to figure it out, either, which says that the bluster is more important to you than any kind of intellectual integrity.

    This is why one needn't bother with you. Keep buzzing, gadfly. I have no use for you.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Falls to 7.8%; 114,000 Jobs Added

    The rate of unemployment when Obama took office was 7.8% and now it is claimed to have dropped to 7.8%, right where he started.

    This is probably not the Hope those who voted for him had and there doesn't seem to be any Change, apart from the added trillions of dollars in debt.

  8. #188
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Falls to 7.8%; 114,000 Jobs Added

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The rate of unemployment when Obama took office was 7.8% and now it is claimed to have dropped to 7.8%, right where he started.

    This is probably not the Hope those who voted for him had and there doesn't seem to be any Change, apart from the added trillions of dollars in debt.
    He/the policies that he implemented, did save us from the economic collapses that we were were on the verge of at that time.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #189
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Falls to 7.8%; 114,000 Jobs Added

    Quote Originally Posted by treedancer View Post
    He/the policies that he implemented, did save us from the economic collapses that we were were on the verge of at that time.
    Prove that if he had not done what he did, we would have collapsed. With empirical data.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  10. #190
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: U.S. Jobless Rate Unexpectedly Falls to 7.8%; 114,000 Jobs Added

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Prove that if he had not done what he did, we would have collapsed. With empirical data.
    I think AIG was the only company throughout all that which would have possibly destabilized our entire economy if it had failed due to so many different insurances in the US flowing back through them, but that was done under Bush. The rest of them could have collapsed and been broken apart in bankruptcy without much effect beyond on their stockholders/employees.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •