Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 181

Thread: Turkey fires artillery at Syria

  1. #71
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Turkey fires artillery at Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    No it is not. Please see the edit I made where I linked to accusations of war crimes on both sides.
    Any yet the crimes and the sides are not the same. But you want to treat them the same - false equivalence.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,019

    Re: Turkey fires artillery at Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ab9924 View Post
    I can't leave this post unanswered. That part of the world is way too fascinating. You can also have REALLY good house prices all over Bosnia-Herzegovina and Dalmatia. I have never been to these countries, but I hear that they are absolutely beautiful. A statement of a Serbian may be interesting about the Bosnian language, Serbians say it is messed up. What kind of language group is the Bosnian? (I guess it is Turkish.) And they say also that Bosnians are muslims like Albanians, because the Roman Catholic church deserted them. Is this true?
    some of them are slav originally and their belief was not like christianity ,they used to accept muhammed too.but lots of turks had settled in macedonia and bosnia during the ottoman times.they have interacted with each other for hundreds of years and always defended teh turks against christian crusaders....so you can understand why teh europe cant stand teh idea of a muslim country in teh middle of europe,those civilized monsters just watched it...............

    their language is not so different from slavs but turkish has a great influence on them
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  3. #73
    Educator / Liar Champion ab9924's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sharing time between UK and US.
    Last Seen
    11-19-12 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    904

    Re: Turkey fires artillery at Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    some of them are slav originally and their belief was not like christianity ,they used to accept muhammed too.but lots of turks had settled in macedonia and bosnia during the ottoman times.they have interacted with each other for hundreds of years and always defended teh turks against christian crusaders....so you can understand why teh europe cant stand teh idea of a muslim country in teh middle of europe,those civilized monsters just watched it...............

    their language is not so different from slavs but turkish has a great influence on them
    Thanks for this information. This is so interesting.
    Last edited by ab9924; 10-04-12 at 04:41 PM.

  4. #74
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Turkey fires artillery at Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Any yet the crimes and the sides are not the same. But you want to treat them the same - false equivalence.
    False. I want you to treat them the same in the sense of not backing them as it is only going to fuel a conflict in which the real victims are the civilians. But then again, if you want to back the Syrian rebels, who as I just mentioned in my last post are being supported by AQ and some of them want an Islamic state. fine. Better yet, why don't you go in yourself? (British volunteers fighting in Syria: TBIJ)
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  5. #75
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Turkey fires artillery at Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    False. I want you to treat them the same in the sense of not backing them as
    So, even though they are not the same, you want to treat them the same. That's BS on two levels:

    1. Treating them the same is dumb, as if there is no difference.
    2. Failing to back the rebels gives the victory to Assad; thus, by not supporting the rebels one is, in fact, supporting Assad.

    You wanna play both sides from the middle, even at the expense of popular democratic revolution in the face of unfathomable state brutality. I'd say it's obvious whos side you are on.

  6. #76
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Turkey fires artillery at Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Better yet, why don't you go in yourself?
    What a lame argument. Do you bust that out on everyone who disagrees with you? As if someone must do everything in this world, or they are not allowed to have an opinion. I've told you, I did my time in an elite infantry unit and I'm old now.

    aa.jpg

  7. #77
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Turkey fires artillery at Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So, even though they are not the same, you want to treat them the same. That's BS on two levels:

    1. Treating them the same is dumb, as if there is no difference.
    2. Failing to back the rebels gives the victory to Assad; thus, by not supporting the rebels one is, in fact, supporting Assad.

    You wanna play both sides from the middle, even at the expense of popular democratic revolution in the face of unfathomable state brutality. I'd say it's obvious whos side you are on.
    False dichotomy. You don't have to support either side. That's like saying Switzerland supported Nazi Germany by remaining neutral in WW2.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  8. #78
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Turkey fires artillery at Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    False dichotomy. You don't have to support either side.
    It's not a false dichotomy. It's taking a position in a conflict with ONLY TWO SIDES. So, you want the democratic movement to be totally slaughtered by Assad, fine. But at least admit that.

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Turkey fires artillery at Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    False dichotomy. You don't have to support either side. That's like saying Switzerland supported Nazi Germany by remaining neutral in WW2.
    Nah, they just provided banks for them to store the riches they stole from the Jews they liquidated.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  10. #80
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Turkey fires artillery at Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    It's not a false dichotomy. It's taking a position in a conflict with ONLY TWO SIDES.
    It is not our conflict. It is an internal war, and there is no necessity to take either side.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •