Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 128

Thread: Under Obama, Poor, Middle Class Incomes Fall Sharply

  1. #71
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Under Obama, Poor, Middle Class Incomes Fall Sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    How philosophical of you. But it's a weak argument when you consider that what you are ultimately advocating is that we deny advancements in stem cell research and cloning, which presents incalculably important potential for advancements in human health, just so that you can see some judge appointed who will save you a few bucks. That's monstrous.
    do you have MS or ALS? this sort of argument usually comes from those wishing that the federal government spend all sorts of money on speculative treatments for those dreaded disease, I am all in favor of private industry has the freedom to use all such tools to get cures. HOwever your idiotic claim about why I favor less STATIST judges is pathetic.

    its amazing how the far left can always justify taking MORE MONEY From other people for their concept of the greater good

  2. #72
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Under Obama, Poor, Middle Class Incomes Fall Sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    do you have MS or ALS? this sort of argument usually comes from those wishing that the federal government spend all sorts of money on speculative treatments for those dreaded disease, I am all in favor of private industry has the freedom to use all such tools to get cures. HOwever your idiotic claim about why I favor less STATIST judges is pathetic.

    its amazing how the far left can always justify taking MORE MONEY From other people for their concept of the greater good
    Please TD, I really don't welcome personal questions.

    As for wanting government funding for medical research, far from it. I am in favor of cutting all government funding to scientific research. All I want is to get government out of the way, so that the burgeoning field of cloning is not crushed in its infancy. If it's not America that pioneers cloning, it will eventually just be some other country making the breakthroughs, getting the patents, and generally reaping the benefits.

    If your cherished conservative justices hold back the progress of medical science by even a day it is unforgivable. But to prohibit cloning altogether? To postpone this research possibly by a generation? Monstrous.

    By the way, I notice you've dropped your earlier BS line that conservative justices wouldn't oppose cloning. I happily accept your implied concession on this point.

  3. #73
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,263

    Re: Under Obama, Poor, Middle Class Incomes Fall Sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Yes we have not recovered from the recession, and yes the recession started right before Obama took office so there's all kinds of things you can say happened during his Presidency and pretend they are his fault, and finally yes its still as much bullcrap as its always been.

    In other words...

    ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    A recession was happening right when Bush took office too, so what? I'll tell you what hits people right in the wallet.

    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #74
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Under Obama, Poor, Middle Class Incomes Fall Sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Please TD, I really don't welcome personal questions.

    As for wanting government funding for medical research, far from it. I am in favor of cutting all government funding to scientific research. All I want is to get government out of the way, so that the burgeoning field of cloning is not crushed in its infancy. If it's not America that pioneers cloning, it will eventually just be some other country making the breakthroughs, getting the patents, and generally reaping the benefits.

    If your cherished conservative justices hold back the progress of medical science by even a day it is unforgivable. But to prohibit cloning altogether? To postpone this research possibly by a generation? Monstrous.

    By the way, I notice you've dropped your earlier BS line that conservative justices wouldn't oppose cloning. I happily accept your implied concession on this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    How philosophical of you. But it's a weak argument when you consider that what you are ultimately advocating is that we deny advancements in stem cell research and cloning, which presents incalculably important potential for advancements in human health, just so that you can see some judge appointed who will save you a few bucks. That's monstrous.
    Statements appear contradictory. TDs argument appears to be he doesnt want government paying for it. Your argument appears you dont want government paying for it...except when you do?

  5. #75
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Under Obama, Poor, Middle Class Incomes Fall Sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Statements appear contradictory. TDs argument appears to be he doesnt want government paying for it. Your argument appears you dont want government paying for it...except when you do?
    No contradiction. I don't want government BANNING it. TD is perfectly ok with banning therapeutic or reproductive cloning outright to save himself a few bucks on taxes. I am not; this does not mean I support government funding of research, we need to end all of that ****. Keep the government out of science altogether, both regulation and funding.

  6. #76
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,490

    Re: Under Obama, Poor, Middle Class Incomes Fall Sharply

    Questions:

    What event or events caused the economy to crash?

    When did those events begin and how long did they last...up to the time (month and year) that the crash was obvious?

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Under Obama, Poor, Middle Class Incomes Fall Sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    A recession was happening right when Bush took office too, so what? I'll tell you what hits people right in the wallet.

    You don't understand how commodity prices change during recessions, or what inflation is, or what supply and demand is. Talking about what gas cost the day Obama took office compared to today ignores every single thing about economics. But youre certainly right that people don't like having to pay more for gas, but blaming Obama or the government is completely silly.

    And yes Bush entered office during a recession as did Obama, of course if we remember that not all recessions are the same then that point is completely meaningless. Or do I have to explain that some recessions are bigger than others, and some recessions affect more things than others?

  8. #78
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Under Obama, Poor, Middle Class Incomes Fall Sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    This is essentially one of the goals of the Republocrats, establishing an actual aristocracy through massive wealth imbalance and stunting/eliminating economic mobility.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #79
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Under Obama, Poor, Middle Class Incomes Fall Sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    No contradiction. I don't want government BANNING it. TD is perfectly ok with banning therapeutic or reproductive cloning outright to save himself a few bucks on taxes. I am not; this does not mean I support government funding of research, we need to end all of that ****. Keep the government out of science altogether, both regulation and funding.
    an idiotic interpretation of what I said. I don't think the government has the proper power under the constitution to ban such things

    Your populist rantings and welfare socialist hatred of those who oppose income redistribution is an amusing libertarian position though

  10. #80
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Under Obama, Poor, Middle Class Incomes Fall Sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    This is essentially one of the goals of the Republocrats, establishing an actual aristocracy through massive wealth imbalance and stunting/eliminating economic mobility.
    some of us believe that giving the government the improper power to prevent wealth imbalance is far more pernicious and far more unfair than a system that allows the industrious to rise to the top

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •