Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 187

Thread: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

  1. #171
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,574

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    While she is overweight, the woman is very pretty, IMO. She probably is hypersensitive about her weight because it is OK to bully overweight people now. Everybody does it. Everybody. Maybe she just got tired of it. I applaud her. She could have just ignored it, as I'm sure she's ignored the other 200 that came before this prick's email. Maybe his just got to her in some way.

    Besides, people should not be finding role models on TV anyway. She's just on there to report the news. If he doesn't like the way she looks, he can change the channel. Nobody is forcing him to watch her. I have an entire news channel here full of ugly people. I don't watch them. They aren't pleasing for me to look at. Instead of emailing them, though, and saying, "Damn, y'all are ugly. Do something about it," I just change the channel. It's not that hard to do.

    The guy was being a gigantic douche nozzle and wanted to force his healthy lifestyle down her throat. Bastards. I hate when people do that, whether it's health nazis, smoke nazis or veganazis.

  2. #172
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Sure, and I can agree to that. My first take was that it was a reader comment section of the show but it looks like a contact e-mail she got. I actually don't blame her for her response, and yes becoming a public figure does invite unwanted scrutiny and contact but it doesn't excuse that kind of e-mail.
    Her private life impacts upon her public life she should expect this.

  3. #173
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Her private life impacts upon her public life she should expect this.
    I disagree. The jackass had a right to contact her, but it doesn't excuse poor behavior.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #174
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I disagree. The jackass had a right to contact her, but it doesn't excuse poor behavior.
    We are talking about two different things. I have already commented on the schmuck's behavior.

  5. #175
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    We are talking about two different things. I have already commented on the schmuck's behavior.
    True, but I don't think her public status is an excuse for it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #176
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    True, but I don't think her public status is an excuse for it.
    Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but, that logic dictates she should not receive compliments either or an other comments.

  7. #177
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but, that logic dictates she should not receive compliments either or an other comments.
    All I am saying is that telling her that she is a bad role model for kids due to her weight and position is rude, and insulting. It's not that guy's place to set her diet and weight limit, and if it were a problem she wouldn't be there and whether or not her position is public doesn't change that, if someone gave a lewd compliment because she's a celeb I would say the same thing. Her public status doesn't make unwelcome comments any less excusable is where my position lies. The guy has a right to communicate with her, he just shouldn't have done it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #178
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,574

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    She should have told him he was being a bad role model by being a prick. I'd rather my kid grow up overweight than being a giant asshole.

  9. #179
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    All I am saying is that telling her that she is a bad role model for kids due to her weight and position is rude, and insulting. It's not that guy's place to set her diet and weight limit, and if it were a problem she wouldn't be there and whether or not her position is public doesn't change that, if someone gave a lewd compliment because she's a celeb I would say the same thing. Her public status doesn't make unwelcome comments any less excusable is where my position lies. The guy has a right to communicate with her, he just shouldn't have done it.

    LOL we do not disagree at all.... I said "he sounds like a schmuck and should mind his own business."

  10. #180
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    She should have told him he was being a bad role model by being a prick. I'd rather my kid grow up overweight than being a giant asshole.
    Teen women are the most succeptible to the body type pressure, but anyone could fall into unhealthy mental patterns due to the way beauty is presented on a societal level. If I had a child I would rather that they be overweight than try to force loss by eating disorder, a huge problem in this country. I also wouldn't appreciate people tearing my family member apart for such superficial crap as "beauty" and honestly would rather they be happy, civil, and honorable people rather than someone else's eye candy.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •