Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 187

Thread: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

  1. #121
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Of course you would not....
    A Fatdian slip.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  2. #122
    Advisor NitroHangover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-13-17 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    584

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Says the guy who has admitted that he was obese "for years" (your words, not mine).

    You got out of it that funk yourself in your own good time. So let her.
    Of course I'll "let" her. I didn't say she had to be a stick figure by next Thursday at sundown.

    I'm only arguing with your (and others') assertion that there's nothing wrong with it, and she shouldn't feel compelled to change at all.

  3. #123
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    A Fatdian slip.
    Just an observation...

  4. #124
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroHangover View Post
    Of course I'll "let" her. I didn't say she had to be a stick figure by next Thursday at sundown.

    I'm only arguing with your (and others') assertion that there's nothing wrong with it, and she shouldn't feel compelled to change at all.
    And I am arguing that there is no need to tell her she's fat and shame her about it.

    Of course she knows!
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #125
    Advisor NitroHangover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-13-17 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    584

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    And I am arguing that there is no need to tell her she's fat and shame her about it.

    Of course she knows!
    And I'm also saying that when someone chooses to be a public figure and a visual role model to others, people are allowed to have and express an opinion about whether or not you are a responsible one.

  6. #126
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroHangover View Post
    And I'm also saying that when someone chooses to be a public figure and a visual role model to others, people are allowed to have and express an opinion about whether or not you are a responsible one.
    It's unfortunate our society has become just that.

    Sorry, I don't buy into it.

    She's not using crack here. She is good at her job. She need to lose some weight. Big ****ing deal.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  7. #127
    Advisor NitroHangover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-13-17 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    584

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    It's unfortunate our society has become just that.

    Sorry, I don't buy into it.

    She's not using crack here. She is good at her job. She need to lose some weight. Big ****ing deal.
    Riiiiiiiiiiight. And the fact that you and many others don't "buy into it" is the reason why we are facing a health epidemic that is killing millions and millions of people prematurely.

    But hey, at least you've changed your tune and acknowledge that she does need to lose some weight. Progress, I like it

  8. #128
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-03-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Let's try and stay on topic. She is obese and it's unhealthy. Young viewers can point to her and say "It's okay to be obese, look at her." And that's not a positive message.
    No child growing up in this country would ever tell you it's ok to be fat. No one desires that. And definitely not because they saw one fat news anchor. MOST adults in this country are overweight at least you know...they have plenty of exposure to it.

  9. #129
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-03-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    I disagree with you or at least with most people.

    Do you see any fat people in this photo?

    Attachment 67135611

    That is a photo of a Nazi concentration camp. These people have had their food drastically cut over long periods of time. Im willing to bet your going to have a hard time finding any Nazi prisoner that is over weight after long term imprisonment. So while their are some medical conditions that can lead to a person being overweight they are the minority im sure, for the rest its all about what and how much they eat in comparison to what they use up. If you put anyone on a long term (wouldn't advise it, just an example) 800 calorie per day diet and they are going to lose weight. People have a hard time admitting to their faults and will find excuses to explain away their weaknesses and ignorance.
    Seriously? Are we talking about health or not? Of course if we lock someone in a cage and STARVE them near death they will lose weight. Do I need to tell you that's not healthy? Good lord.

  10. #130
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by kerussll View Post
    No child growing up in this country would ever tell you it's ok to be fat. No one desires that. And definitely not because they saw one fat news anchor. MOST adults in this country are overweight at least you know...they have plenty of exposure to it.
    You are doing yourself a disservice if you believe that people in the public eye don't have any influence on our children. Any child who see this anchor saying "Yea, I'm fat, so what?" is going to believe that there is nothing wrong with being obese.
    Hail to the King baby!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •