Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 187

Thread: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

  1. #101
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    You are right, Nitro. I am not dumb. I can see you are overstating the news lady's role model status and minimizing the POTUS's role model status.

    When it's an actual role model, it's a non-issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #102
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroHangover View Post
    That's great. Lots of people do though. Even if a person doesn't think they do, the people we see, and the attitudes we perceive consciously or subconsciously, effect us, and effect society in turn.
    Obesity is so unhealthy that you might croak at 40 but it's not that important when you are choosing the leader of the free world? Are you intentionally trying to make me laugh?
    You're not dumb. You know exactly what I'm saying. Their health is important, but COMPARED to the importance of so many other reasons I may vote for them or not, it is basically insignificant enough to be a non-issue.[/QUOTE]


    But.. But.. But! Think about the poor children who look up to Chris Christie and want to grow up to be a fat lazy **** like him!
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #103
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I am not dumb.
    Pffffffft.

    I beg to differ.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #104
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroHangover View Post
    Uh, I already said what I had to say, and it is just about as simple and common sense as science can possibly get. Go ahead, prove me wrong. Show me where people burn more calories than they eat, and still get fat. This should be fun.

    And way to avoid responding to anything I said and go straight to sarcastic insults, by the way. You are just chock full of integrity, aren'tcha, tulip?

    You. Know. Squat. About. Mrs. Livingston. And the life that she leads. Save you judgements to yourself.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #105
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by helix2048 View Post
    Ah, here we go with the "she eats too much" BS. My mother was the same size as her and growing up, I watched her eating habits. My mom didn't eat too much. There was something wrong with her physically and she just couldn't lose weight no matter what type of diet or diet pills she tried using. This is the problem with the american view. We have had skinny women shoved in our faces for so long that we immediately assume an overweight person simply eats too much. What happened to the days when men desired women with weight on them? Look at the pin up models from the '40s and '50s. Today they would be considered fat, but that is what men desired.

    I disagree with you or at least with most people.

    Do you see any fat people in this photo?

    nara-050c.jpg

    That is a photo of a Nazi concentration camp. These people have had their food drastically cut over long periods of time. Im willing to bet your going to have a hard time finding any Nazi prisoner that is over weight after long term imprisonment. So while their are some medical conditions that can lead to a person being overweight they are the minority im sure, for the rest its all about what and how much they eat in comparison to what they use up. If you put anyone on a long term (wouldn't advise it, just an example) 800 calorie per day diet and they are going to lose weight. People have a hard time admitting to their faults and will find excuses to explain away their weaknesses and ignorance.

  6. #106
    Advisor NitroHangover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-13-17 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    584

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    You are right, Nitro. I am not dumb. I can see you are overstating the news lady's role model status and minimizing the POTUS's role model status.

    When it's an actual role model, it's a non-issue.
    LOL. I'll explain this to you like I would a 5 year old. The question was would I vote for fat Christie over thin Obama? No, because while I agree that Obama would be a better role model for people from a health standpoint, there are literally dozens and dozens of objectively more important issues in which I think Christie would be a better President to reflect my values. The question of who would be a better role model in terms of health is NOT an important enough issue to change my vote.

  7. #107
    Advisor NitroHangover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-13-17 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    584

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    But.. But.. But! Think about the poor children who look up to Chris Christie and want to grow up to be a fat lazy **** like him!
    Yep, I agree. However, the reasons to vote for him (IMO) would vastly outweigh that one reason not to vote for him. Like, by leaps and bounds.

  8. #108
    Advisor NitroHangover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-13-17 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    584

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    You. Know. Squat. About. Mrs. Livingston. And the life that she leads. Save you judgements to yourself.
    So you've got nothin, eh? You know that what I said is simple, accurate, indisputable science and you can't argue with it. And based on that, we can deduce that Mrs Livingston is without question eating more than she burns.

    Glad we settled that.

  9. #109
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroHangover View Post
    So you've got nothin, eh? You know that what I said is simple, accurate, indisputable science and you can't argue with it. And based on that, we can deduce that Mrs Livingston is without question eating more than she burns.

    Glad we settled that.
    No **** Sherlock.

    Now tell me why. See, that is the grey area that you know **** about.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  10. #110
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Yes, Al Roker is the perfect example of role model. Just get your stomach stapled, kids!

    As for Lady Gaga, well she's now basically saying she's going back to dieting and not eating.

    Connery, you picked some pretty ****ed up examples of "success."


    You said "success", I said do some thing about their life and situation. You do not like my examples take your pick of the many, many people who have done something about their lives when faced with adversity or a health situation.

    You have chosen a person who simply wants to whine about what happened rather than take action. Like I said perhaps she will in the future I hope she does.

    BTW you have conveniently forgotten to comment about the journalist's view of the situation as someone who has experienced hate mail....

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •