Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 187

Thread: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

  1. #91
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroHangover View Post
    Because she is obese, and has been for years. Being obese is NEVER healthy.
    She's fat. So what? You have no idea how she leads her life.

    I remember watching a show a few years back that discussed obesity. They talked about a tri-athlete that looked like all he did was sit on the couch and eat Doritos. Yet he bikes and runs many kilometres a day. On the flipside, I know some rail thin people who never exercise.

    What is the moral of the above?

    Never judge a book by it's cover. I am sure you've heard it before and you'll hear it again... you simply cannot make judgements on people without any knowledge of them. You, like the letter writer, are needlessly judgemental.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  2. #92
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    She can damn well do as she pleases, jeepers. What gives you the right to be so freakin judgemental? You have no idea how she lives her life.

    I am not the only one who is judgmental here so are you otherwise you would not be championing her cause...


    What gives me the right? She made this issue public, I voiced my opinion. I would rather see someone like Al Roker handle this issue as he actually did something about his lifestyle which has improved his health and been an inspiration rather than create some publicity stunt out of what could be a phony email. This woman has absolutely no credibility. She could have done like "Pop star Lady Gaga recently turned comments about her weight gain into a “Body Revolution” campaign that draws attention to eating disorders." She chose to stand there and make a spectacle of this situation.

    From someone in the field, "judging by some of the comments and emails I’ve received–accusing me of stupidity, fragility, sexism, not being able to find a husband (I’m married) and of having idiot children (we do not yet have children)—I’m not convinced this warranted four minutes of air time."~~Jenna Goudreau, Forbes Staff
    Last edited by Connery; 10-03-12 at 03:47 PM.

  3. #93
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Ha... this reads a lot like my last post. Excellent observations, my friend.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #94
    Advisor NitroHangover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-13-17 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    584

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Obese people are irresponsible now?
    Yes. Particularly those who serve as role models to others. By not correcting their problem they perpetuate the notion that a literal epidemic we are facing is not really a problem.
    So health isn't important when electing the leader of the country, but it's very important when someone is on a local news show?
    Given the litany of crucial and imperative issues to consider when voting for the leader of the free world, their health is pretty far down the list provided they are in no imminent danger of croaking. A newscaster, on the other hand, just reads. They are literally just a body and a voice on TV for people to look up to.

  5. #95
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroHangover View Post
    Yes. Particularly those who serve as role models to others. By not correcting their problem they perpetuate the notion that a literal epidemic we are facing is not really a problem.

    Given the litany of crucial and imperative issues to consider when voting for the leader of the free world, their health is pretty far down the list provided they are in no imminent danger of croaking. A newscaster, on the other hand, just reads. They are literally just a body and a voice on TV for people to look up to.
    I don't even know kids that watch the news.

    I don't use newscasters as role models.

    Obesity is so unhealthy that you might croak at 40 but it's not that important when you are choosing the leader of the free world? Are you intentionally trying to make me laugh?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #96
    Advisor NitroHangover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-13-17 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    584

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    She's fat. So what? You have no idea how she leads her life.
    That's not true. I have a very good idea of it.
    I remember watching a show a few years back that discussed obesity. They talked about a tri-athlete that looked like all he did was sit on the couch and eat Doritos. Yet he bikes and runs many kilometres a day. On the flipside, I know some rail thin people who never exercise.
    Do you know why they were discussing that person? Because he is an extremely rare exception to the rule. EXTREMELY. Pointing out scant exceptions does not change the rule. Weight issues are a simple formula of calories taken in, vs. calories burned. Period. NO ONE burns more than they eat and does not lose weight.
    Last edited by NitroHangover; 10-03-12 at 03:51 PM.

  7. #97
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    I am not the only one who is judgmental here so are you otherwise you would not be championing her cause...


    What gives me the right? She made this issue public, I voiced my opinion. I would rather see someone like Al Roker handle this issue as he actually did something about his lifestyle which has improved his health and been an inspiration rather than create some publicity stunt out of what could be a phony email. This woman has absolutely no credibility. She could have done like "Pop star Lady Gaga recently turned comments about her weight gain into a Body Revolution campaign that draws attention to eating disorders." She chose to stand there and make a spectacle of this situation.

    From soomeone in the field, "judging by some of the comments and emails Ive receivedaccusing me of stupidity, fragility, sexism, not being able to find a husband (Im married) and of having idiot children (we do not yet have children)Im not convinced this warranted four minutes of air time."~~Jenna Goudreau, Forbes Staff
    Yes, Al Roker is the perfect example of role model. Just get your stomach stapled, kids!

    As for Lady Gaga, well she's now basically saying she's going back to dieting and not eating.

    Connery, you picked some pretty ****ed up examples of "success."
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  8. #98
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroHangover View Post
    That's not true. I have a very good idea of it.

    Do you know why they were discussing that person? Because he is an extremely rare exception to the rule. EXTREMELY. Pointing out scant exceptions does not change the rule. Weight issues are a simple formula of calories taken in, vs. calories burned. Period. NO ONE burns more than they eat and does not lose weight.
    [/QUOTE]

    Oh please share your great knowledge of Mrs Livingston!

    I'm waiting...
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #99
    Advisor NitroHangover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-13-17 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    584

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I don't even know kids that watch the news.

    I don't use newscasters as role models.
    That's great. Lots of people do though. Even if a person doesn't think they do, the people we see, and the attitudes we perceive consciously or subconsciously, effect us, and effect society in turn.
    Obesity is so unhealthy that you might croak at 40 but it's not that important when you are choosing the leader of the free world? Are you intentionally trying to make me laugh?
    You're not dumb. You know exactly what I'm saying. Their health is important, but COMPARED to the importance of so many other reasons I may vote for them or not, it is basically insignificant enough to be a non-issue.
    Last edited by NitroHangover; 10-03-12 at 03:54 PM.

  10. #100
    Advisor NitroHangover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-13-17 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    584

    Re: News Anchor's on Air Response to Fat Shaming

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post

    Oh please share your great knowledge of Mrs Livingston!

    I'm waiting...
    Uh, I already said what I had to say, and it is just about as simple and common sense as science can possibly get. Go ahead, prove me wrong. Show me where people burn more calories than they eat, and still get fat. This should be fun.

    And way to avoid responding to anything I said and go straight to sarcastic insults, by the way. You are just chock full of integrity, aren'tcha, tulip?

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •