Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 255

Thread: Muslims Attack Buddhists Over Pic Posted on FaceBook.....

  1. #81
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Muslims Attack Buddhists Over Pic Posted on FaceBook.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post

    This quote from Wikipedia is just the modern day Christian terrorist groups in the US. There is much more information in the link. I suggest you educate yourself a bit on it.
    And what has the vast majority response been to Christian radicals, here in the US. Widespread condemnation.

    We don't try to excuse their behavior because of their religious beliefs. We judge them based on their actions.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #82
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Muslims Attack Buddhists Over Pic Posted on FaceBook.....

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    And what has the vast majority response been to Christian radicals, here in the US. Widespread condemnation.

    We don't try to excuse their behavior because of their religious beliefs. We judge them based on their actions.

    I agree and those who break the law get charged with a crime and are punished.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Muslims Attack Buddhists Over Pic Posted on FaceBook.....

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    And what has the vast majority response been to Christian radicals, here in the US. Widespread condemnation.

    We don't try to excuse their behavior because of their religious beliefs. We judge them based on their actions.
    That is no different than what is going on with these criminals who happen to be Muslims. Nobody supports what they did, we all condemn it. But those of us with cool heads and rational minds are able to see that the Islamic faih itself is not to blame. How is it you and people who think like you cannot see that? Does the hate and anger blind you to that simple, reasonable fact?

  4. #84
    Professor
    Hairytic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    10-01-13 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: Muslims Attack Buddhists Over Pic Posted on FaceBook.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Who is accusing All Muslims of being Terrorists? Are you playing with terminology now? First you said radicals. Now you say terrorists. What is the explanation as to attack Buddhist Monks and Burn down their temples and their homes. Uhm These arent Westerners now.....are they?
    If the shoe fits my friend. Yet whether you personally have said it or not the vast majority of right wing conservatives DO say it and loudly and often. As far as playing with terminology I think the word you are looking for is semantics. To address Buddhist temples and monks, well if you will study history you will find that they have been at war for centurties with only brief periods of peace which has been broken by BOTH sides. There are radicals and extremists in ALL faiths. Extremism is NEVER a good thing and has ALWAYS led to war regardless of what the issues were. But if you step back and look at the broader picture and the MAJORITY of the peoples in the major religions you will see that most are moderates and much more tolerant of other beliefs at least to the point of live and let live ideology. Where there is hate, irregardless of who or what it stems from, there will be war and killings. It takes FAR more courage to stand up and say enough is enough and to lay your anger and hatred aside than it does to pick up a weapon and kill someone simply because they differ in belief or faith than you. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Bhuddista, Toaist, Zoorastrians and countless others have ALL have extremists ans as long as there is prejudice and hatred there will ALWAYS BE extremists and war. Its a simple fact of history. As long as there has been religion there has been war. PERIOD.

  5. #85
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Muslims Attack Buddhists Over Pic Posted on FaceBook.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    But those of us with cool heads and rational minds are able to see that the Islamic faih itself is not to blame. How is it you and people who think like you cannot see that? Does the hate and anger blind you to that simple, reasonable fact?
    Yes, we can see that the faith itself is not to blame, but we can also see that there is a hesitation to address violence which arises from Islam, because we are afraid of offending Muslims. That is the point, which has nothing to do with hate and anger.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  6. #86
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Muslims Attack Buddhists Over Pic Posted on FaceBook.....

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Yes, we can see that the faith itself is not to blame, but we can also see that there is a hesitation to address violence which arises from Islam, because we are afraid of offending Muslims. That is the point, which has nothing to do with hate and anger.
    Hardly. The supposed "hesitation of Muslims" to condemn these attacks is a myth, and an absurd slander against Muims generally without an ounce of truth to it.

    The myth does provide nice cover for intolerance, apparently, but it holds no water with any reasonable person.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Muslims Attack Buddhists Over Pic Posted on FaceBook.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post
    Well FIRST lets look at your current grasp of History shall we? Christianity being the older of the 2 religions has only been around 2000 years and in it's modern incarnation ony about 1000. Islam and Muslims didn't come into being as a religion until the 7th Century C.E. so your premise of Muslims Killing Coptic Christians for 2-3000 years is false. And COPTIC Christianity hasn't been around as the basic faith so that is false premise #2. But as to your basic thought process it was CHRISTIANS who first began to wage war on ISLAM starting in 1118 with Richard the Lion Hearted and his Crusades, which by the way there have been 13 which covered a time span of more than 500 years and ranged from the Northern African Nations all the way to Turkey. So if you are going to be pointing fingers at who's been killing whom and who started it learn history first and then look at how many fingers point backward as you point 1 forward.
    Im not pointing a finger you are......Yet you forget Richard was forced to leave the Holy Land and was the 3rd Crusade. Did you forget about those Christians from Rome? Egypt? Was Nero Killing Christians in Rome? What about Ethiopia? I am not looking to split hairs over when Christians began or their Specific Groups. You Do understand That the Prophet Mohammad was killing Muslams before they became followers of Islam.....correct?

    Have Muslims attacked in Russia and the Balkans? The Answer is yes. Europe, yes. Asia, yes. Far East, Yes. Middle East, Yes. US, yes but not mob action. Canada, Yes but not mob action. Central America and South America I have no stats on. But I doubt they would Riot in Mexico and Colombia.....knowing what would take place should they do so. Think the Laws there will prosecute them? What about the Drug Cartels what do you think they will do if they should even go after one Christian Church? Just One. What do you think happens if they should kill one Priest?

  8. #88
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Muslims Attack Buddhists Over Pic Posted on FaceBook.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post
    It takes FAR more courage to stand up and say enough is enough and to lay your anger and hatred aside than it does to pick up a weapon and kill someone simply because they differ in belief or faith than you.
    Then I would say that there are some radical Islamists who need to heed your word, and stop killing in the name of the Allah. I have no hate and anger, but if someone tries to kill me because they don't agree with my religion, you can bet your ass, they will not a find a pacifist here, but rather someone who is willing to defend my own life. It takes more courage to fight, than to be pacifist and run the other way.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  9. #89
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Muslims Attack Buddhists Over Pic Posted on FaceBook.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Hardly. The supposed "hesitation of Muslims" to condemn these attacks is a myth, and an absurd slander against Muims generally without an ounce of truth to it.

    The myth does provide nice cover for intolerance, apparently, but it holds no water with any reasonable person.
    I'm not talking about hesitation of Muslims. You can play-pretend that you are among the reasonable all you want, and you are free to believe what you want, but one of the issues we've been discussing is whether or not WE are inclined toward excusing terrorist actions, based on our fear of offending Muslims, and that does seem to be the case. There is plenty of evidence of it in this very thread.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  10. #90
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Muslims Attack Buddhists Over Pic Posted on FaceBook.....

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Then I would say that there are some radical Islamists who need to heed your word, and stop killing in the name of the Allah. I have no hate and anger, but if someone tries to kill me because they don't agree with my religion, you can bet your ass, they will not a find a pacifist here, but rather someone who is willing to defend my own life. It takes more courage to fight, than to be pacifist and run the other way.
    Au contraire. It is the coward that gives in to the anger and lashes out. It takes true courage when your enemy has slapped your cheek to turn the other cheek.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •