Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 102

Thread: NYC Schools Give Out Morning-After Pills To Students Without Telling Parents

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: NYC Schools Give Out Morning-After Pills To Students Without Telling Parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So basically, what you are saying is people should one free thing program so there is less people on another free thing program. Yeah, that isn't a very good argument.
    Which one do you think costs more in the long run? A $30 dollar Plan B pill or the cost of a single-mother high school dropout?

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: NYC Schools Give Out Morning-After Pills To Students Without Telling Parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1 View Post
    Kids with actual parenting probably aren't going to need that pill anyway? Either way, those that get the pill aren't going to be pregnant. Less teenage (potential Welfare) moms is a bad thing?
    I already have a solution to the more on welfare problem, but liberals don't like it. Instead, they want to supplement welfare with welfare.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: NYC Schools Give Out Morning-After Pills To Students Without Telling Parents

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Which one do you think costs more in the long run? A $30 dollar Plan B pill or the cost of a single-mother high school dropout?
    Honestly, it makes no difference to me. You seem to appear to think I have to accept welfare when I don't.

  4. #94
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: NYC Schools Give Out Morning-After Pills To Students Without Telling Parents

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Which one do you think costs more in the long run? A $30 dollar Plan B pill or the cost of a single-mother high school dropout?
    The argument your trying to make, doesn't make sense. If she drops out, what does that mean? Who are we actually talking about here? Nobody, a phantom. If you want to talk cost, plan B wins. From its inception, how much has plan B cost to test, study, and come to market? Probably a lot more then that phantom high school dropout.

  5. #95
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93

    Re: NYC Schools Give Out Morning-After Pills To Students Without Telling Parents

    This is terrible. Sex is filthy and nasty. How do I know this? When my mother caught me playing with my penis she said: "Nasty, nasty". She wouldn't lie.

    Seriously folks, the cat is out of the bag and we aren't going to put it back in. Kids having sex is a fact of life. Why should they be punished for it by having kids while still children. I feel there is an overriding social need that should supersede the superstitions of their parents.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: NYC Schools Give Out Morning-After Pills To Students Without Telling Parents

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    The argument your trying to make, doesn't make sense. If she drops out, what does that mean? Who are we actually talking about here? Nobody, a phantom.
    80% Dropout Rate Found For Pregnant Teenagers

    Yup, phantom indeed. Nobody.

    If you want to talk cost, plan B wins. From its inception, how much has plan B cost to test, study, and come to market? Probably a lot more then that phantom high school dropout.
    Uh, Plan B is developed and manufactured by private drug companies. Non sequiter.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: NYC Schools Give Out Morning-After Pills To Students Without Telling Parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogfussle View Post
    This is terrible. Sex is filthy and nasty. How do I know this? When my mother caught me playing with my penis she said: "Nasty, nasty". She wouldn't lie.

    Seriously folks, the cat is out of the bag and we aren't going to put it back in. Kids having sex is a fact of life. Why should they be punished for it by having kids while still children. I feel there is an overriding social need that should supersede the superstitions of their parents.
    Natural consequences of your actions is not a punishment. The social needs argument really means nothing to me.
    Last edited by Henrin; 09-27-12 at 05:47 PM.

  8. #98
    Educator straykatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    752

    Re: NYC Schools Give Out Morning-After Pills To Students Without Telling Parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogfussle View Post
    This is terrible. Sex is filthy and nasty. How do I know this? When my mother caught me playing with my penis she said: "Nasty, nasty". She wouldn't lie.

    Seriously folks, the cat is out of the bag and we aren't going to put it back in. Kids having sex is a fact of life. Why should they be punished for it by having kids while still children. I feel there is an overriding social need that should supersede the superstitions of their parents.
    I agree....this country has the highest percentage of teen pregnancies in the industralized world. Why is that? Parents...not all but a lot of them have their head stuck in the sand and simply don't believe it could happen to their good little girl.....this has nothing to do with whether a girl is good or bad but more to do with the fact that girls bodies are maturing at younger ages....parents are not teaching their children to respect their bodies or deal with raging hormones.....I don't have the answer to this problem but pretending it will go away or expecting these teens to pay for their foolish decisions because their parents didn't arm them with the correct knowledge and education is not the answer....these children/teens need to be educated about sex and birth control...obviously sex education is not happening in the home in many cases......and from my own experience we seem to have a country full of adults who are uncomfortable talking about sex and acting like its tabu and dirty so how the heck are they going to talk to their kids about it?

  9. #99
    User wolfbaby90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    10-31-12 @ 05:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    52

    Re: NYC Schools Give Out Morning-After Pills To Students Without Telling Parents

    I disagree with the entire premise. It is not up to the schools, letter sent or not, to even attempt to give my child medication OR birth control for that matter.

    You must be 18 to purchase this @ a pharmacy, I believe. Why would I allow the school to give my 15 year old (whatever age) a medication which hasen't been tested on those younger than adulthood?

    Most schools do not even have a "school nurse" anymore, they have parent volunteers. I know because I was one!...I do NOT want some secretary or parental volunteer to give my child medication.

    Are the schools also making the person handing out the medication any medical training in what side effects to look for? Is the child staying in the nurses station once the pill is taken to be watched in CASE there are complications or are they given a pill and told to get back to class?

    So the school has a permission slip, does this absolve them of ANY/ALL responsiblity if something happens to this child?

    This ENTIRE idea of the school doling out pills to children is assinine, to say the least and criminal at most.
    Grace has been defined as the outward expression of the inward harmony of the soul.

  10. #100
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: NYC Schools Give Out Morning-After Pills To Students Without Telling Parents

    All I keep reading is people wanting to pass responsibility of actions on to someone else for not telling them something wasn't good for them.

    The problem is folks, sex is no longer looked at as a bad idea. Hell just read the comments here.

    Want to know how you put the "cat back in the bag"? You simply don't give people the option of scapegoating their way out of it. Quit giving people freebees and birth control which does nothing but multiply the problems. Why not just put a big sign on your house that tells everyone your daughter is "open for business & it only costs you a box of condoms!"????? Teenage girls are about 1 step below a prostitute these days.

    Government can't solve the problem folks, they will only compound it by stepping on your rights as an individual and as a parent. Look at this story, hell they already opted everyone's kid into the program. Who gave them such power????

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •