Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 271

Thread: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh?

    "Last month, HHS finalized a rule under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act – more commonly known as ObamaCare – that will require most health insurance plans to cover all FDA-approved contraceptive and sterilization services without charging a co-pay, co-insurance or a deductible.1 Because the FDA has approved "contraceptive" or "morning-after" drugs like Plan B, Next Choice, and Ella, federal regulations will soon require virtually all employer-provided health insurance plans to pay for contraception, sterilization procedures, and early abortifacients. Religious and pro-life organizations are understandably alarmed by this ill-conceived measure."

    The Birth Control Mandate is Unconstitutional

    You are either terribly misinformed, or just plain lying....I'll for the moment assume the prior.
    All it means is that employees of Catholic hospitals have healthcare insurance options like everyone else.

    Don't you hate liars like this clot Horace Cooper?

  2. #222
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    All it means is that employees of Catholic hospitals have healthcare insurance options like everyone else.
    And how do they achieve that?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And how do they achieve that?
    Do you think all staff at Catholic hospitals are Catholic?

    There are Catholics who work at University Hospitals and Corporate Hospitals who are NOT forced to use birth control..

  4. #224
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Do you think all staff at Catholic hospitals are Catholic?
    No not necessarily, however if they take the job to work for that institution, then they know up front that this is a tenant of the institution, and therefore if they take the job anyway, then that is on them... Unless ofcourse you are one that feels that once a job is accepted that you own it, and can force a change in benefits through tyranny of the minority?

    There are Catholics who work at University Hospitals and Corporate Hospitals who are NOT forced to use birth control..
    False equivalency. We are not talking about a hospital forcing someone to use something, we are talking about a religious based institution being forced to offer something against their faith.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No not necessarily, however if they take the job to work for that institution, then they know up front that this is a tenant of the institution, and therefore if they take the job anyway, then that is on them... Unless ofcourse you are one that feels that once a job is accepted that you own it, and can force a change in benefits through tyranny of the minority?



    False equivalency. We are not talking about a hospital forcing someone to use something, we are talking about a religious based institution being forced to offer something against their faith.
    I don't know what to say.. except How bloody stupid.. Employees for Catholic hospitals don't have to abide by Catholic dogma.

  6. #226
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh absolutely one does have everything to do with the other on several different levels...

    1. The disgusting photo is very insulting to devout Christians in this country as well as others, just as this simple, low budget youtube video is insulting to Muslims.

    2. We have free speech in this country to do this, that is what the SCOTUS upheld, however, the Obama administration felt it necessary to publicly march the maker of the video out under Sheriff parade for the camera's they said for questioning, and then asked youtube if they would reconsider pulling the video (a clear attempt to censor) to which youtube said no, good for them. Are they asking Seranno to not display his trash?

    3. Obama's administration has made a point of shaping his policy in the ME based on appeasement, and deference to their sensibilities, where as here in the US he has made it a point to dismiss Christians, bully Christians, and now he has the chance to show that he is even handed in his condemnation of insulting productions by Americans, and will he? no, and you will dismiss that unequal treatment in any way you can.



    So why put out an apology commercial to Pakistan then?



    You are conflating into an argument that which has not been argued by me. That is a strawman argument sir.



    Ah, but that is just it, there are those that see nothing wrong with Sharia being instituted in the US, including those sitting on the SC bench that tend to look outside the constitution to arrive at their decisions.
    I am not effected the same way you are; as demonstrated by your post. Should this image bother me I do not look. I what I do is respect freedom of speech. Should I disagree I would contact my elected representative and see if I could have a law passed prohibiting such depictions which I find offensive.

    There are cases where attempts to have sharia recognized as valid law have only in rejection of sharia, in a substantive manner.

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    I am not effected the same way you are; as demonstrated by your post. Should this image bother me I do not look. I what I do is respect freedom of speech. Should I disagree I would contact my elected representative and see if I could have a law passed prohibiting such depictions which I find offensive.

    There are cases where attempts to have sharia recognized as valid law have only in rejection of sharia, in a substantive manner.
    Well, Sharia law only applies to voluntary civil arbitration between Muslims.. so the issue is a bit of silliness. Devout Catholics want a dispensation from the church for an annulment and pious Jews want a Get for divorce.

    Its no threat to State or Federal law. What it does do is relieve the court dockets a bit.

    I wouldn't give it a second thought.

    Arbitration has been around for decades.

  8. #228
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    I don't know what to say.. except How bloody stupid..
    How about instead of just being insulting you answer what I asked you?

    Employees for Catholic hospitals don't have to abide by Catholic dogma.
    No one said they do. But if they are going to take the job then they accept that BC is not offered in advance.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How about instead of just being insulting you answer what I asked you?



    No one said they do. But if they are going to take the job then they accept that BC is not offered in advance.
    Suit yourself.. All non-compliant protestants and Catholics should simply quit..

    Heck 98% of Catholics ignore the BS about birth control.

  10. #230
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    I am not effected the same way you are; as demonstrated by your post.
    Oh please tell me how I am effected...? We are just having a conversation revolving around opinion, no?

    Should this image bother me I do not look. I what I do is respect freedom of speech. Should I disagree I would contact my elected representative and see if I could have a law passed prohibiting such depictions which I find offensive.
    Just taking a guess, but like say, a cross on a hill?

    There are cases where attempts to have sharia recognized as valid law have only in rejection of sharia, in a substantive manner.
    Sorry Connery, you are DEAD WRONG!

    Opponents of the Islamic center in New York City raise another specter: They say radical Muslims have a plan to impose Islamic law, known as Shariah, on American citizens. But U.S. courts already accommodate Shariah law, following a long history of incorporating religious laws into the U.S. legal system.

    Religious Laws Long Recognized By U.S. Courts : NPR
    Care to try again?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •