Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 271

Thread: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

  1. #101
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Ok, rapist.



    [You are aware that it was sarcasm, right?]
    I'll play along.

    You called me a rapist? You MUST be a rapist yourself!

    See why your argument is ridiculously flawed now?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    To be honest, he's a photographer. He doesn't really make art in the classical sense of the word. He captures specific moments and that is what is considered the art. He doesn't literally exhibit blood and semen in an art gallery. He takes a picture of it that is meant to capture reaction. I'd understand far more if people were disgusted by him literally grabbing a jar of piss sticking a cross in it and that being shown at a museum. However, that's not the case. They're photographs meant to make people think. Not the literal objects being sold at galleries.
    Oh sorry, that's what I meant, that he takes pictures of the objects in blood, semen and urine, supposedly.

  3. #103
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    See why your argument is ridiculously flawed now?
    Dude the post he posted about the racist thing was sarcastic.

  4. #104
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-12 @ 03:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    481

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Yes. It seems that every morning, when I turn on the news, and see new protests in the ME, supposedly about an idiotic film which offended them, I understand why they were ruled by dictators for so long.
    Is that because it's your experience that dictators promote protests or do you think they are venting a desire to protest that was stifled for so long?

  5. #105
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'll play along.

    You called me a rapist? You MUST be a rapist yourself!

    See why your argument is ridiculously flawed now?
    Dude, put down the drugs. I'm ****ing with you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Dude, put down the drugs. I'm ****ing with you.
    Oh, I didn't read that properly. My bad. Election season. Ya know? Also, drug free for what seems like years now.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #107
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki97 View Post
    Is that because it's your experience that dictators promote protests or do you think they are venting a desire to protest that was stifled for so long?
    No, it's because people who have great difficulty controlling their base impulses need a strong authority figure.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Ok, but you claimed Obama was a Muslim. He's not, but so what if he was? Are you suggesting he is an extremist?



    no I am not, he has not shown himself to be an extremist in any fashion about anything.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    no I am not, he has not shown himself to be an extremist in any fashion about anything.
    So then what's the point of bringing up that he's a Muslim?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #110
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So then what's the point of bringing up that he's a Muslim?
    That has been addressed and responded to why beat a dead horse?

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •