Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Bounty out on the "fimmaker"

  1. #1
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Bounty out on the "fimmaker"

    BBC News - Free Syrian Army 'move command centre inside Syria'


    Pakistani Gov official calling for the death of an American citizen and is willing to pay for the hit out of his own pocket. Pakistan are out of control right now!
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  2. #2
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Bounty out on the "fimmaker"

    This is what I got:

    "A Pakistani minister offered $100,000 on Saturday to anyone who kills the maker of an online video which insults Islam, as sporadic protests rumbled on across parts of the Muslim world. "I announce today that this blasphemer, this sinner who has spoken nonsense about the holy Prophet, anyone who murders him, I will reward him with $100,000," Railways Minister Ghulam Ahmad Bilour told a news conference, to applause.

    A spokesman for Pakistan's prime minister said the government disassociated itself from the minister's statement."

    Pakistani bounty placed on anti-Islam filmmaker | Reuters

    The place is out of control where two officials from the same government are issuing different stories.
    Last edited by Connery; 09-22-12 at 07:22 PM.

  3. #3
    Professor
    Hairytic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    10-01-13 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: Bounty out on the "fimmaker"

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    BBC News - Free Syrian Army 'move command centre inside Syria'


    Pakistani Gov official calling for the death of an American citizen and is willing to pay for the hit out of his own pocket. Pakistan are out of control right now!
    You should have read the whole article. The Pakastan government does not support Mr. Bilours statement.
    Here are some statements from the article.

    "Railways Minister Ghulam Ahmad Bilour said he would pay the reward for the "sacred duty" out of his own pocket.

    A government spokesman condemned the remarks and said it was considering taking action against Mr Bilour."

    Also

    "The prime minister's press secretary, Shafqat Jalil, told the BBC that the government absolutely dissociated itself from Mr Bilour's statement.

    "He is not a member of the PPP, he is an ANP politician and therefore the prime minister will speak to the head of the ANP to decide the next step. They are not ruling out action against him but say he will stay in his post for now.""

  4. #4
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Bounty out on the "fimmaker"

    Considering taking action? They need to fire him and then have him arrested.

    Railways Minister Ghulam Ahmad Bilour said he would pay the ($100,000) reward for the "sacred duty" out of his own pocket.

    A government spokesman condemned the remarks and said it was considering taking action against Mr Bilour.
    BBC News - Anti-Islam film: Pakistan minister offers bounty
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Bounty out on the "fimmaker"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post
    You should have read the whole article. The Pakastan government does not support Mr. Bilours statement.
    Here are some statements from the article.

    "Railways Minister Ghulam Ahmad Bilour said he would pay the reward for the "sacred duty" out of his own pocket.

    A government spokesman condemned the remarks and said it was considering taking action against Mr Bilour."

    Also

    "The prime minister's press secretary, Shafqat Jalil, told the BBC that the government absolutely dissociated itself from Mr Bilour's statement.

    "He is not a member of the PPP, he is an ANP politician and therefore the prime minister will speak to the head of the ANP to decide the next step. They are not ruling out action against him but say he will stay in his post for now.""
    no I read it and lets be honest what else are the Pakistani Gov going to say? The fact that this guy still has a job is a disgrace.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Bounty out on the "fimmaker"

    I find it ridiculous that anyone would offer a bounty on a filmmaker... any filmmaker... for any reason.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Bounty out on the "fimmaker"

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I find it ridiculous that anyone would offer a bounty on a filmmaker... any filmmaker... for any reason.
    If the American government has turned on this poor guy, why not the Pakistani government as well?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •