Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 126

Thread: Decrying attack, protesters overtake Islamist group's HQ in Benghazi [W:57]

  1. #91
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: Decrying attack, protesters overtake Islamist group's HQ in Benghazi [W:57]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    No, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

    Yet, it does surprise some people, and it disappoints others who seem to actually want a clash of civilizations sort of Armageddon.
    You hit the nail on the head. Dominionists are psychotic.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #92
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Decrying attack, protesters overtake Islamist group's HQ in Benghazi [W:57]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Who knows? Maybe he needed three dozen empirical studies on the minutest of detail before he acted...But, if you think that ANY president in power wouldn't have given the go order then you are fooling yourself.
    When Henrin posted that "everything had already been done for him", just who did it? If "it", presumably meaning finding Bin Laden, had already been done before he took office, why didn't the person who found him take him out?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #93
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Decrying attack, protesters overtake Islamist group's HQ in Benghazi [W:57]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    When Henrin posted that "everything had already been done for him", just who did it? If "it", presumably meaning finding Bin Laden, had already been done before he took office, why didn't the person who found him take him out?
    He was talking about the intel that had been gathered, and the verification process. Without intel during the Bush years Obama would not only be appeasing the ME, but OBL would still be alive as well.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #94
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Decrying attack, protesters overtake Islamist group's HQ in Benghazi [W:57]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. Dominionists are psychotic.
    And Globalists, and advocates of a border less society are a danger to nations.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #95
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Decrying attack, protesters overtake Islamist group's HQ in Benghazi [W:57]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    He was talking about the intel that had been gathered, and the verification process. Without intel during the Bush years Obama would not only be appeasing the ME, but OBL would still be alive as well.
    Oh, I see.

    So, it is just another unsupported opinion then.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Decrying attack, protesters overtake Islamist group's HQ in Benghazi [W:57]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    and yet, he'd been in office for what, three years? If everything had already been done, why didn't someone take out Bin Laden a lot sooner?
    Why would I answer such a silly question? The fact is that the intel on his location was known before Bush left office and the plan to take him out was made by military personal and then that plan was approved by Obama.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Decrying attack, protesters overtake Islamist group's HQ in Benghazi [W:57]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why would I answer such a silly question? The fact is that the intel on his location was known before Bush left office and the plan to take him out was made by military personal and then that plan was approved by Obama.
    So, Bush knew where Bin Laden was back in '08 or earlier, and decided just to let him be. I suppose that is consistent with his statement that he wasn't interested in getting Bin Laden.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #98
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Decrying attack, protesters overtake Islamist group's HQ in Benghazi [W:57]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Oh, I see.

    So, it is just another unsupported opinion then.
    I am aware that fact is inconvenient to your dislike of the previous administration, but without information gained through the capture, and exploitation of that information gained through methods in the Bush Presidency, Obama wouldn't have jack squat, and you know it. Hell, Obama should be thanking Bush instead of doing victory laps that embolden our enemies.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #99
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Decrying attack, protesters overtake Islamist group's HQ in Benghazi [W:57]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am aware that fact is inconvenient to your dislike of the previous administration, but without information gained through the capture, and exploitation of that information gained through methods in the Bush Presidency, Obama wouldn't have jack squat, and you know it. Hell, Obama should be thanking Bush instead of doing victory laps that embolden our enemies.
    Yet another repetition of the same unsupported opinion.

    Bush said he wasn't interested in Bin Laden. Apparently, he was more interested in his nation building project in Iraq.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #100
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Decrying attack, protesters overtake Islamist group's HQ in Benghazi [W:57]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yet another repetition of the same unsupported opinion.

    Bush said he wasn't interested in Bin Laden. Apparently, he was more interested in his nation building project in Iraq.

    Don't do that Ditto, I have more respect for you than that....Don't embarrass yourself like this...

    ABC News’ Rick Klein reports: With reports swirling that intelligence that helped locate Osama bin Laden began with information obtained from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Vice President Dick Cheney said it “wouldn’t be surprising” if interrogation techniques authorized by President Bush provided critical intelligence that led to bin Laden’s death.
    “It’s an enhanced interrogation program that we put in place back in our first term,” Cheney told Jonathan Karl, in an interview we aired on ABC’s “Top Line” today.
    “And I don’t know the details. All I know is what I’ve seen in the newspaper at this point, but it wouldn’t be surprising if in fact that program produced results that ultimately contributed to the success of this venture.”
    Cheney continued: “It’s I think important to look at this as a continuum. I mean, it’s not just on one day you get up, bang, and you got Osama bin Laden. It’s the kind of thing where an awful lot of people over a long period of time, thousands have worked this case and worked these issues and followed up on the leads and captured bad guys and interrogated them and so forth.”
    “Enhanced interrogation techniques” were a set of special, harsh tactics authorized by President Bush for use in limited circumstances to extract information from high-value suspects. President Obama ended the use of those techniques, including waterboarding.

    Dick Cheney:
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •