Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 277

Thread: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggling?

  1. #241
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    I don't see the other side here. There is public spending and there is private spending. There's no one else out there to hire that contractor to put another road in if both the government and private sector industries stop hiring contractors to put roads in. If both sides stop contracting work for new roads, the contractor who builds roads has no work. Unless there is a third magical side of the economy that is not part of the private sector or the public sector, there isn't another side.

    If it were only roads you are talking about then that is constitutional, and I have no problem with it. In fact we already have a portion of our taxes go for that on the local, as well as Federal. But you were not only talking about roads construction. In fact you cited my trucking company, which has nothing at all to do with construction of any kind.

    My problem lies with the current administration using my tax money in business speculation, and business take over, like say solar energy. And he is losing it.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #242
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Any Conservative or Republican nominee for office would be struggling for the simple reason that the liberal client groups are those who traditionally don't have any stake in the welfare of the country at all. Rather, they are focused on two things: 1) Hatred of traditional white American culture and 2) Free living without consequence. The largest group of this nature is the 80 million permanent dependency class Mexicans that the liberals have imported precisely because they will vote for liberals.

    Mexico has shed their most poverty stricken, uneducated underclass, most of whom cannot even learn English. The Mexicans have literally stolen our culture and way of life. With their huge families, they have colonized the United States and their endless demands, coupled with liberal laws favoring them, have ruined our schools, hospitals, police departments, neighborhoods and safety nets.

    Regardless of the liberal citizenship routine, they have no loyalty to the United States, they remain Mexicans and they vote for whomever will take care of them and their huge families for life. That is Obama and the liberals.

    The one thing all of the various liberal client groups have in common is that they hate traditional America. That hatred unites Mexicans, blacks, all 3rd world immigrants, deranged white women, homosexuals and far surpasses any animosity that those liberal client groups have for each other.
    Last edited by Ray410; 10-01-12 at 05:26 PM.

  3. #243
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Any Conservative or Republican nominee for office would be struggling for the simple reason that the liberal client groups are those who traditionally don't have any stake in the welfare of the country at all. Rather, they are focused on two things: 1) Hatred of traditional white American culture and 2) Free living without consequence. The largest group of this nature is the 80 million permanent dependency class Mexicans that the liberals have imported precisely because they will vote for liberals.

    Mexico has shed their most poverty stricken, uneducated underclass, most of whom cannot even learn English. The Mexicans have literally stolen our culture and way of life. With their huge families, they have colonized the United States and their endless demands, coupled with liberal laws favoring them, have ruined our schools, hospitals, police departments, neighborhoods and safety nets.

    Regardless of the liberal citizenship routine, they have no loyalty to the United States, they remain Mexicans and they vote for whomever will take care of them and their huge families for life. That is Obama and the liberals.

    The one thing all of the various liberal client groups have in common is that they hate traditional America. That hatred unites Mexicans, blacks, all 3rd world immigrants, deranged white women, homosexuals and far surpasses any animosity that those liberal client groups have for each other.
    I just don't understand why Republicans aren't more popular with hispanics!
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #244
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Any Conservative or Republican nominee for office would be struggling for the simple reason that the liberal client groups are those who traditionally don't have any stake in the welfare of the country at all. Rather, they are focused on two things: 1) Hatred of traditional white American culture and 2) Free living without consequence. The largest group of this nature is the 80 million permanent dependency class Mexicans that the liberals have imported precisely because they will vote for liberals.

    Mexico has shed their most poverty stricken, uneducated underclass, most of whom cannot even learn English. The Mexicans have literally stolen our culture and way of life. With their huge families, they have colonized the United States and their endless demands, coupled with liberal laws favoring them, have ruined our schools, hospitals, police departments, neighborhoods and safety nets.

    Regardless of the liberal citizenship routine, they have no loyalty to the United States, they remain Mexicans and they vote for whomever will take care of them and their huge families for life. That is Obama and the liberals.

    The one thing all of the various liberal client groups have in common is that they hate traditional America. That hatred unites Mexicans, blacks, all 3rd world immigrants, deranged white women, homosexuals and far surpasses any animosity that those liberal client groups have for each other.
    You forgot hippies and atheists.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    36

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    The one thing all of the various liberal client groups have in common is that they hate traditional America. That hatred unites Mexicans, blacks, all 3rd world immigrants, deranged white women, homosexuals and far surpasses any animosity that those liberal client groups have for each other.
    Thanks for clearing this up. I think people in 3rd world countries sit around and just hate America it's almost like baseball to them. Homosexuals also hate America, makes sense. See I thought it was sexual preference, but now I realize that they are all Nazi terrorists who want to watch the country burn to the ground. Thanks for the warning.

  6. #246
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    OF COURSE VOTERS ARE WORSE OFF - UNDER ANY US ADMINISTRATION

    The US president and ALL congress senators are not there to represent VOTERS

    THey are puppetery clowns for their COrpocratic masters and lobby groups

    So the VOTERS are by definition ALWAYS worse off

    In fact those that benefit directly from the Corpocracy, don't VOTE, they LOBBY and purchase senators and presdential candidates

  7. #247
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If it were only roads you are talking about then that is constitutional, and I have no problem with it. In fact we already have a portion of our taxes go for that on the local, as well as Federal. But you were not only talking about roads construction. In fact you cited my trucking company, which has nothing at all to do with construction of any kind.
    I was talking about a source of investment outside of the private and public sector. You alluded to this. I don't see how anything else can exist outside of those two. It's either private or it's public. There isn't a third model (aside from a public-private venture, but that's neither here nor there).

    My problem lies with the current administration using my tax money in business speculation, and business take over, like say solar energy. And he is losing it.
    Every Administration does this. Energy, research, weapons, health grants have been occurring for decades. Bush's administration spent billions in. My own very liberal university was doing theoretical weapons research for the Pentagon. I found that hilarious. Mostly because the hippies were all upset over it.

    Furthermore, the actual default rate on those loans has been less than 3%. They're doing quite well. What the media does is play up the failures and never discusses the successes.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    07-11-14 @ 06:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by Krhazy View Post
    Romney is struggling because he hasn't convinced people that he understands what they are going through or that he has a plan that is actually going to fix their problems. People see him as a very wealthy man who is out-of-touch with average Americans, a little cocky and dismissive of the poor and middle class, and a person who acquired his wealth mostly by cutting jobs or shipping them overseas. Whether any of those views are true or not, that is his problem.

    Romney, is struggling because he has demonstrated himself to be Presidentially Incompetent, by not being able to control his own Presidential Campaign and by not having a stable minded approach to what his own Presidential Policies would be if elected. He's essentially run one of the worst Presidential Campaigns in my lifetime, all based on "one liner statements" and little to know substance to support his summary of claims that he's the better candidate.

    You hear and read people talking about Romney's "Accomplishments." Yet, those same people won't tell you what Romney, did as the governor of Massachusetts, when that economy finished 47th out of 50th in employment during his term in office. How can you be 47th out of 50 in employment and then attack the other guy for not having a clue about how to create jobs?

    He's also said that he's going to repeal ALL of so-called "Obamacare." Yet, he reverses himself and says that he's not going to repeal ALL of "Obamacare," because he likes certain aspects of "Obamacare." How can you say you are going to repeal ALL of something, only to then claim that you are going to keep portions of that very same thing you said you would repeal outright, as the very first thing you'd do once you came into office?

    Mitt Romney, said when he was running for the Senate in Massachusetts, that Kennedy, was taking "millions from Special Interest Groups" and that doing so would force Kennedy, to be influenced on the way he would vote. Mitt, then turns right around in this Presidential campaign and accepts millions from some of the exact same Special Interest Groups that he said would "influence the way you vote."

    One minute, Mitt Romney, sounds like he's FOR gun ownership - and the next minute, that same Mitt Romney, sounds like he's ANTI gun ownership. You would think that someone as "competent" as Mitt Romney, would know how to make up his mind on Gun Laws, and whether or not the country needs to reel-in the weapons or not. He says one thing while standing in the halls of the NRA, and then says something completely different when standing outside those same halls. To be honest with you, I am totally confused about where Mitt, stands on Guns in America and Gun Laws that regulate their ownership.

    Mitt Romney, said that he did not have Lobbyists running his campaign and/or tied to his election efforts. Yet, Mitt Romney's campaign hired and paid Lobbyist Ron Kaufman, to be a Special Advisor to the Mitt Romney Campaign. When pressed about this by a reporter, he denied that Ron Kaufman, was "running his campaign" - which is odd when you consider what a "special advisor" does inside a National Campaign for their employer.

    On the one hand, Mitt Romney, tells small groups of Elderly People around the country that he has no intention of re-structuring Social Security. Yet, he stands in front of a group of baseline party supporters of his campaign and tells the crowd that he plans to re-structure Social Security by privatizing it. He says one thing to one group - then says a different thing to a different group altogether.

    He says that he's Pro-Choice to one group and then he turns right around and says that he's now Pro-Life. Out of one side of his mouth, he tells Fox News that he's always opposed abortion. But, in prior years and prior debates for other public offices that he sought, he was fairly clear on his support for "safe abortion and the right of the Woman to make her own choice." He said he would honor his "word" in allowing a Woman's Right to Chose. He's flipped on Pro-Life -vs- Pro-Choice so many times over his political career, that I honestly don't know where he stands on the issue.

    He said that our automotive industry should be allowed to go bankrupt. He said the bailouts were a mistake. Yet, in 2008, he was caught saying that the government has a role in preventing further economic decay by utilizing stimulus and that he thought what President Obama did with respect to TARP II and stimulus, was "the right thing to do." Again, I get dizzy just listening to the man talk because he spins and reverses his own policy statements more than a merry-go-round at the Circus.

    Romney, said that he wants to get government out of education altogether and then he turns around and says that he supports No Child Left Behind. Again, and again, this man says what he thinks is necessary to get him elected. Romney, says that he's against Cap & Trade. He then turns around later and concludes that we should implement Cap & Trade. But, wait! Romney, flipped that conclusion four (4) times and to this very day, I don't really know whether Romney, believes in Cap & Trade or not.

    I can't see how anyone can pin down Romney, long enough on a single issue to understand where he stands on just about anything. So, how can anyone have any opinion about whether or not they would actually vote for him, when you can't say for certain where he stands on the issues? He might be FOR something today at 5:00pm, and then AGAINST that very same thing by 12:00pm two days, or a week from now.

    That is NOT leadership on the issues. That is crystal clear Presidential Incompetency. He simply lacks the ability to make a decision and then stick to it. The only thing he has stuck to, has been his willingness to not stick to anything longer than it takes to get him elected.

    Will The Real Romney Please Stand Up?
    Last edited by PW4000; 10-02-12 at 04:58 AM.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    09-14-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    879

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Just who are these magical "Feds". Do they fly around? I think I saw one the other day, it was purple with pink polka dots.
    D.O.D. and D.O.J.

    They control the media and election machine. They select the politicians to control the government. That's why even Clinton did a good job in his last term, Bush won the election. What the Feds needed was not a good economy, they need war and the Patriot Act. Several month after his election, 911 happened which satisfied what the Feds needed.

    This time, Obama will give the Feds something Romney can't give. So you saw Romney is under the fire of media despite the life of Americans is worse off after four years reign of Obama.

  10. #250
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,361

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by PW4000 View Post
    Romney, is struggling because he has demonstrated himself to be Presidentially Incompetent, by not being able to control his own Presidential Campaign and by not having a stable minded approach to what his own Presidential Policies would be if elected. He's essentially run one of the worst Presidential Campaigns in my lifetime, all based on "one liner statements" and little to know substance to support his summary of claims that he's the better candidate.

    You hear and read people talking about Romney's "Accomplishments." Yet, those same people won't tell you what Romney, did as the governor of Massachusetts, when that economy finished 47th out of 50th in employment during his term in office. How can you be 47th out of 50 in employment and then attack the other guy for not having a clue about how to create jobs?

    He's also said that he's going to repeal ALL of so-called "Obamacare." Yet, he reverses himself and says that he's not going to repeal ALL of "Obamacare," because he likes certain aspects of "Obamacare." How can you say you are going to repeal ALL of something, only to then claim that you are going to keep portions of that very same thing you said you would repeal outright, as the very first thing you'd do once you came into office?

    Mitt Romney, said when he was running for the Senate in Massachusetts, that Kennedy, was taking "millions from Special Interest Groups" and that doing so would force Kennedy, to be influenced on the way he would vote. Mitt, then turns right around in this Presidential campaign and accepts millions from some of the exact same Special Interest Groups that he said would "influence the way you vote."

    One minute, Mitt Romney, sounds like he's FOR gun ownership - and the next minute, that same Mitt Romney, sounds like he's ANTI gun ownership. You would think that someone as "competent" as Mitt Romney, would know how to make up his mind on Gun Laws, and whether or not the country needs to reel-in the weapons or not. He says one thing while standing in the halls of the NRA, and then says something completely different when standing outside those same halls. To be honest with you, I am totally confused about where Mitt, stands on Guns in America and Gun Laws that regulate their ownership.

    Mitt Romney, said that he did not have Lobbyists running his campaign and/or tied to his election efforts. Yet, Mitt Romney's campaign hired and paid Lobbyist Ron Kaufman, to be a Special Advisor to the Mitt Romney Campaign. When pressed about this by a reporter, he denied that Ron Kaufman, was "running his campaign" - which is odd when you consider what a "special advisor" does inside a National Campaign for their employer.

    On the one hand, Mitt Romney, tells small groups of Elderly People around the country that he has no intention of re-structuring Social Security. Yet, he stands in front of a group of baseline party supporters of his campaign and tells the crowd that he plans to re-structure Social Security by privatizing it. He says one thing to one group - then says a different thing to a different group altogether.

    He says that he's Pro-Choice to one group and then he turns right around and says that he's now Pro-Life. Out of one side of his mouth, he tells Fox News that he's always opposed abortion. But, in prior years and prior debates for other public offices that he sought, he was fairly clear on his support for "safe abortion and the right of the Woman to make her own choice." He said he would honor his "word" in allowing a Woman's Right to Chose. He's flipped on Pro-Life -vs- Pro-Choice so many times over his political career, that I honestly don't know where he stands on the issue.

    He said that our automotive industry should be allowed to go bankrupt. He said the bailouts were a mistake. Yet, in 2008, he was caught saying that the government has a role in preventing further economic decay by utilizing stimulus and that he thought what President Obama did with respect to TARP II and stimulus, was "the right thing to do." Again, I get dizzy just listening to the man talk because he spins and reverses his own policy statements more than a merry-go-round at the Circus.

    Romney, said that he wants to get government out of education altogether and then he turns around and says that he supports No Child Left Behind. Again, and again, this man says what he thinks is necessary to get him elected. Romney, says that he's against Cap & Trade. He then turns around later and concludes that we should implement Cap & Trade. But, wait! Romney, flipped that conclusion four (4) times and to this very day, I don't really know whether Romney, believes in Cap & Trade or not.

    I can't see how anyone can pin down Romney, long enough on a single issue to understand where he stands on just about anything. So, how can anyone have any opinion about whether or not they would actually vote for him, when you can't say for certain where he stands on the issues? He might be FOR something today at 5:00pm, and then AGAINST that very same thing by 12:00pm two days, or a week from now.

    That is NOT leadership on the issues. That is crystal clear Presidential Incompetency. He simply lacks the ability to make a decision and then stick to it. The only thing he has stuck to, has been his willingness to not stick to anything longer than it takes to get him elected.

    Will The Real Romney Please Stand Up?
    He has been pretty clear about cutting his taxes, I don't tihnk he will change his mind on that. Paying for the cuts is another matter, one that according to him will be worked out secretly behind closed doors with Congress after he "wins". Is that even legal?

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •