Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 277

Thread: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggling?

  1. #181
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-03-13 @ 09:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    579

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggl

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Well they may 'think' he is worse but shouldn't they at least look at the evidence before casting their ballots?
    Do you honestly think that people haven't? I mean are you naive enough to think that given the same set of information as you rational people would only come to the same choice as you?

    And for the record looking at business people in politics I would say a background in one doesn't mean they are necessarily good at the other for every Mark Warner there is a George Bush.

  2. #182
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,833

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggl

    Quote Originally Posted by hikari View Post
    Do you honestly think that people haven't? I mean are you naive enough to think that given the same set of information as you rational people would only come to the same choice as you?

    And for the record looking at business people in politics I would say a background in one doesn't mean they are necessarily good at the other for every Mark Warner there is a George Bush.
    I think a LOT of people haven't.

    Most Americans know nothing more about either Romney or Obama other than the campaign ads they've bothered to pay attention to and to the mostly slanted, abbreviated news stories they happened to see on the news while they were waiting for the hollywood entertainment news and the sports scores.

    I think a LOT haven't bothered to go to Romney's web page to see where he really stands on any issue. And that isn't even talking about the liberals who don't care a bit about what Obama's done...or failed to do. Those people don't care about Romney's stand on anything because they'll vote for Obama anyway.

    And then, you have those on forums like this one. Most of the conservatives know exactly what each candidate is about. So do a few of the liberals. But all of them are set in their ways and any information presented to them doesn't matter. On these forums, it's all about the game.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #183
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggling?
    Maybe because people think it isn't at the responsibility of the president. Just a thought.

  4. #184
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Well they may 'think' he is worse but shouldn't they at least look at the evidence before casting their ballots?
    Yes, they should. I'm just telling you that your "OMG WHY WOULD THEY VOTE FOR THE LESSER CANDIDATE!?'" is a straw man. They're voting for who they believe to be the greater candidate. Playing word games to make their position seem illogical is childish. Just make the case for your guy, whoever he may be, and leave it at that.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  5. #185
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Well you know you are screwed with BHO whereas Romney has a record of success in turning things around.

    Why would rational people prefer to continue with a known loser?
    Why would rational people choose a lesser of two evils knowing that both are evil?

    Romney and Obama share political views and only a fool wouldn't be able to see that. Romney would continue to spend money...he would increase our military/industrial complex...he even said he would keep parts of Obamacare.

    Stop thinking that just replacing Obama will bring us to prosperity because it won't! Both will spend us into financial collapse and people like you think things will change?

    Please quit fooling yourself.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Yes, they should. I'm just telling you that your "OMG WHY WOULD THEY VOTE FOR THE LESSER CANDIDATE!?'" is a straw man. They're voting for who they believe to be the greater candidate. Playing word games to make their position seem illogical is childish. Just make the case for your guy, whoever he may be, and leave it at that.
    Fair enough.

    What does Romney have to recommend him and what does Obama have that would encourage people to vote for him?

  7. #187
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,833

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Fair enough.

    What does Romney have to recommend him and what does Obama have that would encourage people to vote for him?
    Obama has a silver tongue that you can't believe but makes you want to vote for him anyway.

    Romney has an "R" after his name.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Obama has a silver tongue that you can't believe but makes you want to vote for him anyway.

    Romney has an "R" after his name.
    Right. R for racist I guess. That propaganda seems to go down well with the D crowd.

    BHO's tongue has gone from silver to forked, much like Elizabeth Warrens,

  9. #189
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,833

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Right. R for racist I guess. That propaganda seems to go down well with the D crowd.

    BHO's tongue has gone from silver to forked, much like Elizabeth Warrens,
    You have an offensive take on my comments.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #190
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggli

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Fair enough.

    What does Romney have to recommend him and what does Obama have that would encourage people to vote for him?
    You don't know? You're not following the race?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •