Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 131

Thread: Chick-fil-A changes position

  1. #91
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Chick-fil-A changes position

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Staying closed on Sundays has always been their policy. The recent controversy most likely had a more direct impact on their sales. These types of decisions are always based on economics. I would doubt very highly that CFA changed their position out of the goodness of their hearts.
    So you are just guessing.....

    My guess is that this has much more to do with LOCAL events in CHICAAAHHH-GO (you have to hold your nose when you say it) than it has to do with Bigotry or Dollars.

    Like the blocking of a Chic-Fil-A due to difference of political opinion.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #92
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,137

    Re: Chick-fil-A changes position

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I highly doubt it.

    Why? Because many people don't stick with silly boycotts for very long at all.

    And most people..... just don't give a ****.


    You'd be surprized....and I think CFA is a good example. I would agree with you on "Reverse Boycotts"...generally when people show up like at CFA to support a cause it is short lived. However, regular boycotts can be very effective and usually have much longer and severe economic impacts.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #93
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,137

    Re: Chick-fil-A changes position

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So you are just guessing.....

    My guess is that this has much more to do with LOCAL events in CHICAAAHHH-GO (you have to hold your nose when you say it) than it has to do with Bigotry or Dollars.

    Like the blocking of a Chic-Fil-A due to difference of political opinion.
    Uh....this is a nationwide change in policy.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #94
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Chick-fil-A changes position

    I'm sorry...but I could honestly careless what the owners of Chick-fil-A think of politics. As long as they keep making that delicious spicy chicken sandwich then I'm a customer. Regardless, what they did was foolish and did nothing but hurt their bottom line. If they had kept silent about politics and worried about sales and profits...this wouldn't have happened.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Chick-fil-A changes position

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Uh....this is a nationwide change in policy.
    Then why again are we being told about it via Joe Morreno.... and alderman in ChiCAHHHH-GO?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #96
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,137

    Re: Chick-fil-A changes position

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Then why again are we being told about it via Joe Morreno.... and alderman in ChiCAHHHH-GO?
    That was the breaking story yesterday. It was confirmed and was more widely covered today by most news agencies.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #97
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Chick-fil-A changes position

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    How do you explain it then, Chick fil A made this decision "out of the goodness of their hearts".....LOL....hardly. This is clearly a business decision. It is very likely that ChickFilA experience a big surge in profit from the bigots who patronized them immediately during the initial incident, however, they saw a big decline in their business after. Decisions like this aren't made "out of the goodness of their hearts"...they are made because they affect the almighty dollar bottom line.
    Frankly I hope this story is wrong, because people like you don't deserve a change of mind. Damn boy, they can't do anything you'll be satisfied with. Look at the intolerance you're showing here.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Chick-fil-A changes position

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That was the breaking story yesterday. It was confirmed and was more widely covered today by most news agencies.
    I don't see any "change in policy" for Chick-Fil-A.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Chick-fil-A changes position

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Frankly I hope this story is wrong, because people like you don't deserve a change of mind. Damn boy, they can't do anything you'll be satisfied with. Look at the intolerance you're showing here.
    American.... Can't say boy.... its "code" racism....

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #100
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,137

    Re: Chick-fil-A changes position

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Frankly I hope this story is wrong, because people like you don't deserve a change of mind. Damn boy, they can't do anything you'll be satisfied with. Look at the intolerance you're showing here.
    Where is the "intolerance"? Because I point out the their decision is probably motivated by economics....as most all business decisions are? That's a stretch.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •