Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 108

Thread: More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

  1. #31
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    Is that good enough?
    No, there is no actionable intelligence cited or any indication the President would have a reasonable expectation that Libya would not honor its obligations under international law to protect foreign diplomats with its own security forces.

  2. #32
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    No, there is no actionable intelligence cited or any indication the President would have a reasonable expectation that Libya would not honor its obligations under international law to protect foreign diplomats with its own security forces.
    lmao there is plenty of evidence that pointed to violence...Spin it all you want,the Obama Administration botched this big time.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  3. #33
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    lmao there is plenty of evidence that pointed to violence...
    Violence where? To be committed by whom? The Middle East is a big place and hindsight is always 20/20. There is no actionable intelligence cited in any of those sources that even suggested that the consulate in Benghazi would be attacked, abandoned by the Libyan security forces, and blown up with a rocket propelled grenade. Sorry, but the responsibility for protecting diplomats falls squarely on the host country under international law so you have no grounds upon which to blame the Obama Administration.

  4. #34
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Violence where? To be committed by whom? The Middle East is a big place and hindsight is always 20/20. There is no actionable intelligence cited in any of those sources that even suggested that the consulate in Benghazi would be attacked, abandoned by the Libyan security forces, and blown up with a rocket propelled grenade. Sorry, but the responsibility for protecting diplomats falls squarely on the host country under international law so you have no grounds upon which to blame the Obama Administration.
    spin spin spin

    Fact remains Obama did not act on the warnings given.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  5. #35
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    Fact remains Obama did not act on the warnings given.
    Feel free to cite the specific warning, verbatim, that any President could reasonably be expected to consider actionable and request permission from the Libyan government to deploy additional security forces to our consulate in Benghazi. You can't because it didn't exist. I don't care who the President is or what political party he belongs to; 'something might happen somewhere in the Middle East' is not actionable and I'm not the one spinning here.
    Last edited by Napoleon; 09-16-12 at 07:27 PM.

  6. #36
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Feel free to cite the specific warning, verbatim, that any President could reasonably be expected to consider actionable and request permission from the Libyan government to deploy additional security forces to our consulate in Benghazi. I'm not the one spinning here.
    Who said anything about sending additional forces?Pulling US personnel out of the danger zone was the obvious solution to potential violence in an unstable region.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  7. #37
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    Who said anything about sending additional forces?Pulling US personnel out of the danger zone was the obvious solution to potential violence in an unstable region.
    So based on the so-called warning that something might happen somewhere in the Middle East you would have done what? Recall every ambassador and evacuate all embassies and consulates in the Middle East?

  8. #38
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

    I'm warning everyone that something might happen in the world tomorrow. If Obama doesn't step up (somehow) and stop it, whatever happens, wherever, will be on him.

    DON'T DROP THE BALL, MR. PRESIDENT!!
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #39
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    So based on the so-called warning that something might happen somewhere in the Middle East you would have done what? Recall every ambassador and evacuate all embassies and consulates in the Middle East?
    the links provided showed there was amble evidence that something was going to happen IN Libya and Cairo....Please look at the links.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  10. #40
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    I'm warning everyone that something might happen in the world tomorrow. If Obama doesn't step up (somehow) and stop it, whatever happens, wherever, will be on him.

    DON'T DROP THE BALL, MR. PRESIDENT!!
    I'm sorry,but the straw man argument you provide here is not in line with what has been presented.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •