Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 270

Thread: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

  1. #31
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    I am really tired of your lies....... Why are you so insecure?
    You have been quite stedfast in your promotion of Wahhabism since you first joined this forum and you have an undeniable track record here. You display hatred against Jews and Christians, with corresponding support for Islamism so my reference is to what you promote.


    You can claim to be a Venusian for all I care, but the proof is in the pudding here rather than the claim.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Oh...now we are to believe Al Qaeda??? Good god...

    I get my information from a lot of sources...even liberal sources. I look beyond their spin for the kernels of truth and formulate my own opinion based on such information. The Weekly Standard article expresses the truth as we've seen from this latest government action against the filmmaker. The government's message is very clear in this - Americans...shut up.
    Shut up? I don't think so.. Americans are free to condemn the film and the violence.. but we are also free to promulgate the ridiculous, vulgar and insulting lies.

    We are also free to embrace lack of education. See how that work?

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    You have been quite stedfast in your promotion of Wahhabism since you first joined this forum and you have an undeniable track record here. You display hatred against Jews and Christians, with corresponding support for Islamism so my reference is to what you promote.


    You can claim to be a Venusian for all I care, but the proof is in the pudding here rather than the claim.
    Not promotion.. education.. I fear you are unteachable.. I wonder where you got the notion that real Christians are required to be ignorant.

  4. #34
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    Actually, there is.
    No.

    If there is free speech, then there is no such thing as hate speech. Free speech is a human right, part of our natural human right to liberty, and it must be defended against nonsense like "hate speech" restrictions.

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Of course there is... Don't you realize that you have the right to condemn the movie AND the violence... or are we sheep to let this guy speak for us to the Muslim world?
    Condemn the "movie" all you want to, because it flatly sucks. There are cat videos and teenagers fighting with lightsabers in warehouses with better production values. It's just some stupid **** on Youtube. There's a LOT of stupid **** on youtube. Put the little thumbs down icon it and move on with your life.

    Don't dare call it "hate speech" with the implications that you want to start banning freedom of expression, because that makes you the enemy of human rights, far worse than the maker of the film.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,819

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Shut up? I don't think so.. Americans are free to condemn the film and the violence.. but we are also free to promulgate the ridiculous, vulgar and insulting lies.

    We are also free to embrace lack of education. See how that work?
    Ah... But the filmmaker is not free to express himself without fear of government retaliation.

    My dear, you've made my point.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #36
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Americans are free to condemn the film and the violence..
    Condemning the film is pointless. God doesn't need ones defense.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    So I still have a right to say the film is trash and shame on that SOB for insulting Muslims, making Americans look like dolts and putting us at risk?

    This idiot Egyptian doesn't speak for me.

    Sounds like a social injustice you are talking about.....yet such cannot be. As in order to have a social injustice. Means one would have to have a Social Justice. Which there is no such thing.

    There is only Justice.....Not Social Justice!


    Should all the haterz in da world......Riot over Love Speech or films about Love and Compassion. Ya know some tenderness.

  8. #38
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    Speech which is used as incitement to riot is not protected speech
    So please establish, then, how the movie informed people that they should attack Muslims.

    Before doing so, I would suggest you learn what the word "incitement" means from a legal standpoint. It certainly does not mean "don't say anything offensive", since by your implied definition here, none of us could ever say a damned thing about ANYTHING political since there are always idiots out there who might react in violent ways.

    Your attempt to subvert free speech to the dictates of Islamists is extremely questionable, since you base your understanding of incitement upon their reaction rather than anything qualifiable in the actual language of the film.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #39
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Oh...now we are to believe Al Qaeda??? Good god...

    I get my information from a lot of sources...even liberal sources. I look beyond their spin for the kernels of truth and formulate my own opinion based on such information.

    The Weekly Standard article expresses the truth as we've seen from this latest government action against the filmmaker.

    The government's message is very clear in this - Americans...shut up.
    Al qaeda has explicitly encouraged and fanned the flames of violence due to the film in question. It's quite useful as propaganda pieces go. There's little doubt that the film was used as a catalyst of sorts.

    It was an opinion piece, and a piss poor one at that. You're attempting to rebuke empirical evidence with arm chair assertions.

    The "government action" you speak of is in regards to the film makers parole status. It's a legitimate legal query, not a witchhunt, nor a violation of the individuals legal rights.

    Actually, no. You're batting .000 so far on the subject in it's entirety.

  10. #40
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    So please establish, then, how the movie informed people that they should attack Muslims.

    Before doing so, I would suggest you learn what the word "incitement" means from a legal standpoint. It certainly does not mean "don't say anything offensive", since by your implied definition here, none of us could ever say a damned thing about ANYTHING political since there are always idiots out there who might react in violent ways.

    Your attempt to subvert free speech to the dictates of Islamists is extremely questionable, since you base your understanding of incitement upon their reaction rather than anything qualifiable in the actual language of the film.
    I don't think it does qualify as incitement to riot. But, it gets a little close.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •