Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 270

Thread: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    When you try to justify abridging a person's rights because:

    1. He's a convicted felon therefore he has no rights. (a very disturbing concept in and of itself)
    It is not that they have no rights, so please learn to read. it is that we do take rights away from them. From what I know of probation and parole there are a few things you will not be able to do. I do believe they normally require a person to not drink alcohol. You are subject to be detained and searched for no reason. they normally require drug testing. You lose the right to vote. I do believe they can enter your place of residence without warning or warrant. I know they can restrict your behavior otherwise. he seems to have restrictions on his using the internet. They can write these things up as they see fit, and that is part of your sentence. it is something that has been practiced for a long time, and just because you don't know about it does not mean it is not standard for felons.

    I rweally do not think you are going to find much support for giving back the full rights of society to convicted felons. Especially like giving back the right to own guns to violent offenders, and the right to be near schools or supervise children to convicted child molestors. But if you think that is a good idea, you can go fight for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    2. We are doing it for his own good.
    I am not quite sure where the legal standing is. I don't know if he is still considered under the custody of the state, and therefor they have an obligation to protect him while he is out in public. however, he did violate clear terms of his probation, and that alone is reason to arrest him. I was just pointing out the obvious that he is far safer in jail than he is on the street, and he may have even felt safer being in solitary and protected than being out in the open without the right to own a handgun to protect himself. When in jail they will place him into solitary for his own good as general population is not a place for a high profile person who's actions may cause retaliation. however, that would seem to be pretty standard for high risk inmates as far as i know of the prison system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    You have diminished the rights of everyone.
    Please, if I cou8ld do that I certainly would not be listening to those false allegations by you. You give me far more credit than the power I actually have. I have merely told you the truth about things you seem to be very ignorant of. i did not make the rules, nor can I change them, so blaming me is about as pointless and silly as blaming obama for all of this. This is simply the reprocussions from a convicted felon vioklating his probation and making a movie that pissed off millions of easily butthurt people. This is the world, you either learn to live in it, or someone out there is going to kick you off of it. This guy just learned that when you troll groups which consist of violent radical elements who have no problem killing you, it is good to have some sort of defense planned.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post



    Disagree with this. That's like asking for double-helpings of Jersey Shore.
    This film maker is with Media for Christ.. a non profit evangelical charity that broadcasts programs all over the Middle East.. Media for Christ is an affiliate of Jihad Watch.. David Horowitz and Robert Spencer. Together they are responsiblt for anti-muslim bus posters.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,870

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Oh please. He violated terms of parole. This is the same garbage Lefties brought up about Wikileaks. That was atrociously obnoxious as well. Let's not defend unlawful behavior simply because it coincides with our political inclinations.
    I'm not defending his illegal behavior...but I'm not placing the blame for other's illegal behavior on him or for the government's failure to contain that illegal behavior. In case you don't know what I'm referring to, it's the murder of our Ambassador.

    Obama is shifting the blame for his own failings onto this guy because he made the film that was used by Al Qaeda to incite others to riot and murder.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  4. #94
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,870

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    He's only a scapegoat if he's innocent of what he's been detained for.
    Not true.

    He's a scapegoat because Obama needs someone or something to shift attention from his own failings.

    This guy is a convenient patsy.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #95
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,870

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    It is not that they have no rights, so please learn to read. it is that we do take rights away from them. From what I know of probation and parole there are a few things you will not be able to do. I do believe they normally require a person to not drink alcohol. You are subject to be detained and searched for no reason. they normally require drug testing. You lose the right to vote. I do believe they can enter your place of residence without warning or warrant. I know they can restrict your behavior otherwise. he seems to have restrictions on his using the internet. They can write these things up as they see fit, and that is part of your sentence. it is something that has been practiced for a long time, and just because you don't know about it does not mean it is not standard for felons.

    I rweally do not think you are going to find much support for giving back the full rights of society to convicted felons. Especially like giving back the right to own guns to violent offenders, and the right to be near schools or supervise children to convicted child molestors. But if you think that is a good idea, you can go fight for it.


    I am not quite sure where the legal standing is. I don't know if he is still considered under the custody of the state, and therefor they have an obligation to protect him while he is out in public. however, he did violate clear terms of his probation, and that alone is reason to arrest him. I was just pointing out the obvious that he is far safer in jail than he is on the street, and he may have even felt safer being in solitary and protected than being out in the open without the right to own a handgun to protect himself. When in jail they will place him into solitary for his own good as general population is not a place for a high profile person who's actions may cause retaliation. however, that would seem to be pretty standard for high risk inmates as far as i know of the prison system.


    Please, if I cou8ld do that I certainly would not be listening to those false allegations by you. You give me far more credit than the power I actually have. I have merely told you the truth about things you seem to be very ignorant of. i did not make the rules, nor can I change them, so blaming me is about as pointless and silly as blaming obama for all of this. This is simply the reprocussions from a convicted felon vioklating his probation and making a movie that pissed off millions of easily butthurt people. This is the world, you either learn to live in it, or someone out there is going to kick you off of it. This guy just learned that when you troll groups which consist of violent radical elements who have no problem killing you, it is good to have some sort of defense planned.
    LOL!!! I like the way you move the goalposts. Previously you said he doesn't have the rights of free people...now you say he does have some rights, but not all of them. I guess free speech is one he doesn't have anymore.

    And in regard to "for his own good". What a crock. He would be doing better if he was left alone and not made into a media freak and a government scapegoat.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I'm not defending his illegal behavior...but I'm not placing the blame for other's illegal behavior on him or for the government's failure to contain that illegal behavior. In case you don't know what I'm referring to, it's the murder of our Ambassador.

    Obama is shifting the blame for his own failings onto this guy because he made the film that was used by Al Qaeda to incite others to riot and murder.
    So much easier to blame Obama than to look at the film maker and his associates. This was very calculated and deliberate. Jihad Watch and Media for Christ knew exactly what they were doing.

  7. #97
    Guru
    PerfectStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,182

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I just love how a convicted drug dealer and fraudster becomes the darling of the right and a hero of western civilisation simply by insulting Moslems. H.I.Larious!
    I love it how a thief who can't conform to our tax laws is now our Secretary of the Treasury.

  8. #98
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    I love it how a thief who can't conform to our tax laws is now our Secretary of the Treasury.
    Excellent point. How did that happen?
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  9. #99
    Guru
    PerfectStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,182

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Excellent point. How did that happen?
    Obama built that.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,870

    Re: Alleged "Innocence of Muslims Flim Director Taken in for Questioning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    So much easier to blame Obama than to look at the film maker and his associates. This was very calculated and deliberate. Jihad Watch and Media for Christ knew exactly what they were doing.
    It's so much easier for Obama to blame and scapegoat a filmmaker when his film wasn't the cause of the violence. When the resulting deaths can be laid directly at the feet of Obama and his State Department failures.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •