Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 647

Thread: Anit-American violence sweeps across 23 world nations

  1. #271
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Anit-American violence sweeps across 23 world nations

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, I'm hopeful that a situation such as this would never denigrate into a war. Wouldn't you? There would be so many more lives lost, and it would be impossible to get rid of all the terrorists. All we can hope to do with that kind of approach is slow them down temporarily, IMO.
    No, it wouldn't. That's the gist of my argument. History has proven that the extremists can be exterminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #272
    Educator

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: Anit-American violence sweeps across 23 world nations

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    ,,,,
    I cite the poll simply because its the only one that I could find and it is consistent with whats going on there, If you want to say the overwhelming majority of the thousand people polled aren't good enough representation then by all means, suit yourself. Doesn't change the facts. It seems you only believe whatever you want to believe regardless of evidence so it doesn't matter anyway.
    مثلي مثلك

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Anit-American violence sweeps across 23 world nations

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, it wouldn't. That's the gist of my argument. History has proven that the extremists can be exterminated.
    How? A nuclear bomb? That would be the ONLY way, and you would end up killing way more innocent people than guilty. Women, children and babies too!

  4. #274
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Anit-American violence sweeps across 23 world nations

    Quote Originally Posted by L0neW0lf View Post
    I cite the poll simply because its the only one that I could find and it is consistent with whats going on there, If you want to say the overwhelming majority of the thousand people polled aren't good enough representation then by all means, suit yourself. Doesn't change the facts. It seems you only believe whatever you want to believe regardless of evidence so it doesn't matter anyway.
    You misrepresented the poll, I clarified the poll. Simple as that....

  5. #275
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Anit-American violence sweeps across 23 world nations

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    How? A nuclear bomb? That would be the ONLY way, and you would end up killing way more innocent people than guilty. Women, children and babies too!
    That wasn't the only way in Europe during WW2. Obviously, we nuked Japan, but even without that, we would have still defeated the Japanese. We didn't nuke the Filipinos. The Federal Armies didn't nuke the Confederates. The Soviets were making steady headway in Afghanistan, before we started training and arming the mujas and they didn't need nukes.

    Yes, you can defeat any enemy. No group, or culture is invincible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #276
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Anit-American violence sweeps across 23 world nations

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairytic View Post
    When did Obam apologize.
    He has been making speeches and apologizing to muslim nations in the middeleast since he took office....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Anit-American violence sweeps across 23 world nations

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That wasn't the only way in Europe during WW2. Obviously, we nuked Japan, but even without that, we would have still defeated the Japanese. We didn't nuke the Filipinos. The Federal Armies didn't nuke the Confederates. The Soviets were making steady headway in Afghanistan, before we started training and arming the mujas and they didn't need nukes.

    Yes, you can defeat any enemy. No group, or culture is invincible.
    I don't see that anyone has made any headway in the way we have approached this situation so far. The terrorists just keep coming. They are born and raised into this climate of hatred. It is one generation after another. Like I said, we can slow them down, but we can't stop them all. Too bad we can't just get our people out of these hostile countries and have nothing to do with them. That is the solution I would prefer.

  8. #278
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Anit-American violence sweeps across 23 world nations

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't see that anyone has made any headway in the way we have approached this situation so far. The terrorists just keep coming. They are born and raised into this climate of hatred. It is one generation after another. Like I said, we can slow them down, but we can't stop them all.
    That, I agree with. We haven't used nearly enough violence against the enemy. Had we used the level of violence that we used during WW2, the war in Afghanistan would have been over years ago and, "Taliban", would be a dirty word in Afghanistan.

    Before you say that it's impossible, remember that we did it to Germany and Japan during WW2.

    Too bad we can't just get our people out of these hostile countries and have nothing to do with them. That is the solution I would prefer.
    That's not a solution; that's a temporary quick fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #279
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Anit-American violence sweeps across 23 world nations

    Quote Originally Posted by L0neW0lf View Post
    I don't see how that link is useful? other of course than showcasing some peoples' utter lack of common sense.
    What it showcases is that you say you are not from Egypt in one post but claim you are from Egypt in another in order to try to establish some sort of cred.

    Above all, it establishes that peopleshould take anything you say with a grain of salt.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Anit-American violence sweeps across 23 world nations

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That, I agree with. We haven't used nearly enough violence against the enemy. Had we used the level of violence that we used during WW2, the war in Afghanistan would have been over years ago and, "Taliban", would be a dirty word in Afghanistan.

    Before you say that it's impossible, remember that we did it to Germany and Japan during WW2.



    That's not a solution; that's a temporary quick fix.
    Well, I know that in WWII the enemy wore uniforms, and we knew who the enemy was. This is a completely different animal.

Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •