Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 111

Thread: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Son, the last time you leaped before you looked, over 8,000 of our young men and women came home in body bags and another 100,000 were wounded. The American people are **** full of conservatives phoney bravado and lying us into unneccessary wars.
    Oooh! Where was that?

    Are you arguing that the price we paid in Iraq was too high compared to the results? Do you think surrender costs less?

    You do sound like a full fledged Obama supporter. Understood.
    How is that hope and change working out?

  2. #72
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    “We know what kind of campaign they’re going to run. They’re going to try to make you afraid of me. He’s young and inexperienced and he’s got a funny name. And did I mention he’s black?’’
    Obama was right. The McCain campaign tried to paint Obama as un-American, a foreigner, a Muslim, born in Kenya. But thing that was most striking is they called him a "communist" and a "socialist" which is exactly what conservatives back in the 1960's, called Martin Luther King.

    It's been caught on video tape, too.

    Elon Student Protester At Palin Campaign / negative Racist Conservative comments - YouTube




    No, nothing like that at all. You obviously never read the article you submitted.

    Whenever a liberal says, "Kinda like" you know they're going to miss the point completely.
    Yeah, I know what you mean, it's kinda like a conservative suddenly having cognitive disconnect and going into hyperbolic fallacy mode because logic, fact and reason have failed them. It seems to be a common trait among conservatives.


    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Q1I6PIIuY]Biden on Romney/Ryan: "They're Going to Put Y'all Back in Chains" - YouTube[/url

    and here's HBO not only going homeboy but lying as well. Funny stuff!

    Barack Obama in Selma - YouTube
    Funny, I was just talking about Martin Luther King......and how conservatives used the same fallacious attacks against Obama that they used against MLK. So which came first, the McCain campaign calling Obama a "communist" and a "socialist?" OR...Obama trying to connect himself to Martin Luther King?
    Last edited by Moot; 09-16-12 at 02:05 AM.

  3. #73
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Ambassadors and diplomats are not Marines.
    No, but Marines...are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Oooh! Where was that?

    Are you arguing that the price we paid in Iraq was too high compared to the results? Do you think surrender costs less?
    What do we have to surrender in the ME? We don't live there, we don't even speak their language.


    You do sound like a full fledged Obama supporter. Understood.
    How is that hope and change working out?
    In 1984, Reagan surrendered Lebanon after a Marine base was blown up that killed over 235 Marines. A few months later the US embassy in Beirut was blown up that killed 20 people. A lot of conservatives accused Reagan of "cut and run" and "surrendering to terrorists", too.....and still, Reagan was re-elected. The similarities to Obama are uncanny.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Ambassadors and diplomats are not Marines.
    Wow!

    The insights just get deeper and deeper!

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Obama was right. The McCain campaign tried to paint Obama as un-American, a foreigner, a Muslim, born in Kenya. But thing that was most striking is they called him a "communist" and a "socialist" which is exactly what conservatives back in the 1960's, called Martin Luther King.

    It's been caught on video tape, too.

    Elon Student Protester At Palin Campaign / negative Racist Conservative comments - YouTube
    Why are you wasting space?

    I quoted BHO directly and you should then quote other candidates directly.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,834

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    I hadn't seen this thread when I started a related thread with more current information of the warning to the diplomatic mission in Libya and information on a State Department coverup.

    See it here: http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...t-moments.html
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    What do we have to surrender in the ME? We don't live there, we don't even speak their language.
    ...
    In 1984, Reagan surrendered Lebanon after a Marine base was blown up that killed over 235 Marines. A few months later the US embassy in Beirut was blown up that killed 20 people. A lot of conservatives accused Reagan of "cut and run" and "surrendering to terrorists", too.....and still, Reagan was re-elected. The similarities to Obama are uncanny.
    I wonder how things might have turned out differently if Reagan had not cut (our losses) and run back then. Do you have any other similarities between the greatest American president of the last century and the one term Marxist?

  9. #79
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    What do we have to surrender in the ME? We don't live there, we don't even speak their language.




    In 1984, Reagan surrendered Lebanon after a Marine base was blown up that killed over 235 Marines. A few months later the US embassy in Beirut was blown up that killed 20 people. A lot of conservatives accused Reagan of "cut and run" and "surrendering to terrorists", too.....and still, Reagan was re-elected. The similarities to Obama are uncanny.
    This post is nothing but garbled reality, the US embassy was blown up in 83, so was the barracks but after the embassy, Reagan didnt surrender Lebanon because he never occupied it, It was part of a peacekeeping force and the number of Marines killed you posted is wrong as well. And while the US left Lebanon shortly afterward it wasnt before pounding the hell out of the forces that were responsible with Naval & Aerial bombardment. Your comparison of Obama to Reagan is the biggest whopper here as anyone who has studied the facts knows that they are exactly opposite in there thinking & policies. Please pick up a book & try to learn something before you come here & try to look like you know what you are talking about.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    This post is nothing but garbled reality, the US embassy was blown up in 83, so was the barracks but after the embassy, Reagan didnt surrender Lebanon because he never occupied it, It was part of a peacekeeping force and the number of Marines killed you posted is wrong as well. And while the US left Lebanon shortly afterward it wasnt before pounding the hell out of the forces that were responsible with Naval & Aerial bombardment. Your comparison of Obama to Reagan is the biggest whopper here as anyone who has studied the facts knows that they are exactly opposite in there thinking & policies. Please pick up a book & try to learn something before you come here & try to look like you know what you are talking about.
    I understood what she meant. We did cut and run. I believe it was one of several big mistakes that Reagan made. The other really big mistake was trusting Democrats.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •