Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 111

Thread: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,582

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    And most Americans know that Obama didn't have enough specific info to avert this act, either.
    Most Americans know his dumbass doesn't attend his daily intel briefings, though.

    Is this a by-product of his tardiness?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #12
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why wasn't security beefed up at all missions, in high risk regions?

    What precautions were taken to gaurd against a possible raid? That's right...none. The Marine detachment in Cairo didn't even have ammunition for their weapons.
    I.m sorry, what? The marine detachment didn't have ammo? On Obama's orders? Are you kidding?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #13
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Most Americans know his dumbass doesn't attend his daily intel briefings, though.

    Is this a by-product of his tardiness?
    Prove that, please.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #14
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    Where in that article does it mention Obama was warnned about attacks on the Libyan consulate? Thanks.
    Right there in the 3rd paragraph I quoted... It says "According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo..."

    What part don't you understand? That "credible information" = "warned", or that the "US State Department" = "Obama administration"?

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,582

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    I.m sorry, what? The marine detachment didn't have ammo? On Obama's orders? Are you kidding?
    He is comander in chief. He is responsible for what happens while he's in command.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,582

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Right there in the 3rd paragraph I quoted... It says "According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo..."

    What part don't you understand? That "credible information" = "warned", or that the "US State Department" = "Obama administration"?
    Obama isn't held to the same standard as other presidents. It's because he's black and Libbos don't expect much from black folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    What?

    When you have info of a possible attack on an American Embassy or consulate, you bring in extra security and/or lock them down. There's not a whole lot to it.
    That's one approach... unfortunately not the one the State Department took:

    "As we did with all of our missions overseas in advance of the September 11 anniversary, and as we do every year, we did evaluate the threat stream and we did determine that the security at Benghazi was appropriate for what we knew," US State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said Thursday.
    US: Security was ample for Benghazi mission - Trend.Az

  8. #18
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,092

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    What?

    When you have info of a possible attack on an American Embassy or consulate, you bring in extra security and/or lock them down. There's not a whole lot to it.
    American Embassies and Consulates are always heavily defended, and even more so on 9/11. Do you really want to put extra extra extra security on top of that on every US embassy and consulate around the world? It would not have prevented the RPG attack or deaths since that seems more and more like an organised Al Q attack.

    Face it, you and your GOP handlers are in total damage control mode and trying to find any and all methods to take focus away from Romney's anti-American ranting. This article does not state anything we did not know before... American embassies and consulates are targets, and more so on 9/11... big shocker!
    PeteEU

  9. #19
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why wasn't security beefed up at all missions, in high risk regions?

    What precautions were taken to gaurd against a possible raid? That's right...none. The Marine detachment in Cairo didn't even have ammunition for their weapons.
    All the people that were in the Cairo embassy are in a safe location and left before the attacks. That suggests they did take precautions.


    There is evidence that the embassy protests and attacks in Cairo were originally inspired by Michelle Bachmann and a couple of others in the GOP accusing the Head of State, Hillary Clinton of conspiring with the Muslim Brotherhood. Apparently, this gave the Egyptians the impression that the US interferred in their election. So perhaps shutting her up might have been considered a precaution as well....but we can't do that in this country. But I give John McCain a lot of credit for trying......

    Mitt Romney: Michele Bachmann's Muslim Brotherhood Claims Are 'Not Part Of My Campaign'


    Michele Bachmann's Vicious Smear Campaign - Susan Milligan (usnews.com)

    Too bad Romney doesn't have half the integrity that John McCain has to denounce that idiot woman. She's an embarrassment to this country.
    Last edited by Moot; 09-14-12 at 05:52 AM.

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,582

    Re: Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    All the people that were in the Cairo embassy are in a safe location and left before the attacks. That suggests they did take precautions.
    That was a reaction. Not proaction. Big difference.


    There is evidence that the embassy protests and attacks in Cairo were originally inspired by Michelle Bachmann and a couple of others in the GOP accusing the Head of State, Hillary Clinton of conspiring with the Muslim Brotherhood. Apparently, this gave the Egyptians the impression that the US interferred in their election. So perhaps shutting her up might have been considered a precaution as well....but we can't do that in this country. But I give John McCain a lot of credit for trying......

    Mitt Romney: Michele Bachmann's Muslim Brotherhood Claims Are 'Not Part Of My Campaign'


    Michele Bachmann's Vicious Smear Campaign - Susan Milligan (usnews.com)

    Too bad Romney doesn't have half the integrity that John McCain has to denounce that idiot woman. She's an embarrassment to this country.
    You're kidding, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •