Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 237

Thread: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So your logic is that because the BBC and NPR are unsure of who the producer is, although hints have pointed to one of these two individuals, they have no credibility about anything relating to the makers of the film? I'm sorry I wasn't aware that not knowing something for sure, meant that all your other information is automatically invalid.
    Hints? You want to buy into "hints"? Just who is doing the hinting here? Even these 'hints' are at variance with each other. Which hint do you choose to believe? That he (if it was a 'he') was "an elderly Jewish man" or that he was "an Egyptian Coptic Christian". These are your choices it seems.

    You'd make an excellent investigator you know "I found the suspect with the murder weapon, he's covered in the victim's blood, but I'm not sure what he had for breakfast this morning so all my other information lacks credibility too"
    You found no body, no weapon, no blood and no breakfast. You found nothing yet you still dare to pretend that you did.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    U.S. identifies anti-Muslim filmmaker


    WASHINGTON (AP) -- Federal authorities have identified a Coptic Christian in southern California who is on probation after his conviction for financial crimes as the key figure behind the anti-Muslim film that ignited mob violence against U.S. embassies across the Mideast, a U.S. law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Thursday.


    The official said authorities had concluded that Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, was behind "Innocence of Muslims," a film that denigrated Islam and the prophet Muhammad and sparked protests earlier this week in Egypt, Libya and most recently in Yemen. It was not immediately clear whether Nakoula was the target of a criminal investigation or part of the broader investigation into the deaths of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Libya during a terrorist attack.

    continued

  3. #63
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Since it's absurd to suggest that these men are practically using them like marionettes.
    Sure..because there is no recent history that would allow someone to predict the response of hardline clerics and the minority they strongly influence if you descrate the founder of their religion...gotcha.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  4. #64
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Sure..because there is no recent history that would allow someone to predict the response of hardline clerics and the minority they strongly influence if you descrate the founder of their religion...gotcha.
    If you continue to perpetuate the ridiculous notion that some incredibly unknown film produced halfway around the world controls violence in that region, and that the filmmakers are culpable, then yes, you are being ridiculous and encouraging child-like behavior of the mob. If it had been any other mob outrage, the public would call it as it is: child-like.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #65
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    If you continue to perpetuate the ridiculous notion that some incredibly unknown film produced halfway around the world controls violence in that region, and that the filmmakers are culpable, then yes, you are being ridiculous and encouraging child-like behavior of the mob.
    Some unknown Ocala redneck from Florida burned a Koran causing protests in by hardliners in the Islamic world.

    That must be it...I'm now encouraging the mob by criticizing the individual that came out with the movie. So apparently you believe individuals can have influence on others actions...but not when it comes to the film that was inentionally offensive.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    If you continue to perpetuate the ridiculous notion that some incredibly unknown film produced halfway around the world controls violence in that region, and that the filmmakers are culpable, then yes, you are being ridiculous and encouraging child-like behavior of the mob. If it had been any other mob outrage, the public would call it as it is: child-like.
    Of course they are culpable.. An Egyptian Christian who kites checks on the side produced this film with full knowledge of the culture and religious values of Muslims.

  7. #67
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Some unknown Ocala redneck from Florida burned a Koran causing protests in by hardliners in the Islamic world.
    Exactly: that was child-like behavior of the mob as well. Indeed, one redneck in some small church "causes" people across the world flip out. Child-like barbarism. Absolutely no excuse for that behavior.

    I'm now encouraging the mob by criticizing the individual that came out with the movie.
    Defending the infantile-nature of the mob.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #68
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Of course they are culpable.. An Egyptian Christian who kites checks on the side produced this film with full knowledge of the culture and religious values of Muslims.
    I do not care how offensive a film was, I have no right by God or by law to take my moral outrage and then unleash it against humanity and society, causing actual mayhem and destruction of human life. I am even less sympathetic when you have absolutely no proximity toward the film or the filmmakers, or its promoters. My outrage against the filmmakers is fixed. My outrage against the mob increases with the increased destruction it delivers to humanity. The only ones in control are the mob. That is their choice how to react.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 09-13-12 at 05:01 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #69
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Exactly: that was child-like behavior of the mob as well. Indeed, one redneck in some small church "causes" people across the world flip out. Child-like barbarism. Absolutely no excuse for that behavior.
    Indeed, though many have tried to excuse it (even some who insist they don't). When you hold them to a lesser standard of behavior, you are saying they are lesser people. This is a kind of bigotry.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #70
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You're right Gitmo is a recruiting tool, but bring it up here is a total Red Herring. Your line of logic is basically "Because Obama never closed Gitmo, and the left doesn't complain about it, and because its a propaganda tool, that I can't complain about giving the enemy another propaganda too." Sorry but my opinions aren't dependent on what the "Left" or Obama says. Also our Forefathers would recognize my right to be pissed off at this guy as much as his right to piss people off with his speech, I don't know how many ****ing times I have to say I'm not in any way shape or form saying anyone doesn't have the right to free speech, but simply having the right to free speech doesn't mean you have the right for that speech to be free of criticism.
    This seems a little more than criticism, but more of a hate speech to me. Then you say "may" which you admit you have no proof of anything but gladly spew your criticism. Then you make a statement as though it is fact, that it was the film maker that killed the Americans. What BS. Here you are apologizing to the terrorists that actually killed our fellow Americans, by stating if it were not for someone practicing our right of free speech these terrorists would not have killed. You blame the film maker who has the right of free speech for killing fellow Americans in Libya. No that is really something.

    Wiseone quote:
    "trash the hate spewing, instigators of violence and cowardly worms they really are. Men who thought their petty little games were worth the violence they surely knew may come from their actions, which resulted in the death of four Americans. If it were not for men like these, provoking others to violence for no reason other than some hate filled beliefs and sick pleasure in it, this would have never have happened, those Americans would be alive and the fundamentalists and extremists who are our enemy would not have a powerful propaganda tool to use to inflict damage and death upon America."

    I further recall a cartoonists over in Europe, that was threatened to be killed because he made a simple cartoon about some Muslims.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •