Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 237

Thread: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

  1. #201
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The only reason we went into Afghanistan in the first place was they were harboring Bin Ladin. Had they turned him over we wouldn't have gone in there. So yes, the war on terror is not a war on a nation state.
    You mean we declared war on a nation that harbored Bin Ladin. Then why did we not declare war on Pakistan? And why did we not go to war with Jordan they were harboring a terrorists. So according to you if there is a terrorist, that a country is harboring we can go to war with that country, and you call me a terrorist. It is you that is a terrorist wanting to kill off a country only because a few people in high places harbor a fugitive. You know what I think about terrorists, a terrorist is only good when he/she is a dead one.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #202
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    They enabled and supported a terrorist organization that attacked us... not that difficult to figure out. Additionally, they did NOTHING to help us attempt to catch the bad guys.
    So then we should have gone to war with Jordan. Iran supports terrorist organizations. Hell they are not the only country that harbor terrorists and or ships arms to terrorists. So we better load up our guns and get busy.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  3. #203
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    You mean we declared war on a nation that harbored Bin Ladin. Then why did we not declare war on Pakistan? And why did we not go to war with Jordan they were harboring a terrorists. So according to you if there is a terrorist, that a country is harboring we can go to war with that country, and you call me a terrorist. It is you that is a terrorist wanting to kill off a country only because a few people in high places harbor a fugitive. You know what I think about terrorists, a terrorist is only good when he/she is a dead one.
    What the hell is your argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    So then we should have gone to war with Jordan. Iran supports terrorist organizations. Hell they are not the only country that harbor terrorists and or ships arms to terrorists. So we better load up our guns and get busy.
    And we might just do that... I am not in favor of doing that unless and until terrorists pose a SERIOUS threat to the USA or Western style democracy... If that happens I saw we just **** 'em up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What the hell is your argument?
    I don't have an argument, you step in the middle of a conversation I was having with TheNextEra that goes back quite a few posts. I was trying to prove a point to him and you would have to go to the beginning of those post to understand.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  6. #206
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    I agree, the less extreme Egyptians and Libyans should stand up against the islamofascists. At very least against such acts of violence.
    In Libya that seems to be occurring both in the government and in the populace.

    In Egypt, sadly, the story is the opposite. Even if the 9/11 Truther in office didn't need not to lose the Salafists in order to maintain a solid front against the SCAF, it's probable he's on the protestors' side in this, and the populace is definitely on their side.

    As for stupidity alone, I'm not sure we're really less stupid in the West than in Muslim countries -- but when it comes to stupid violence, I agree, they certainly hold a top position in these regards.
    See, I'm beginning to wonder if that's not the case, but rather a false conclusion that we are coming to due to mirror imaging. Sure, we think violence about stuff like this is amazingly stupid, hyperemotional, and generally counter productive.... but maybe that's just the way they express themselves. It's their form of political language, if you will. In order to be culturally sensitive to Middle Eastern populaces who sympathize with radical islamist groups, we need to start speaking their language.

  7. #207
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-13 @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    As for stupidity alone, I'm not sure we're really less stupid in the West than in Muslim countries
    I consider myself living proof...

    not sure we're less violent either.

  8. #208
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Unless you can show me something making a clear and distinctive difference between the "protestors" and "those who brought RPG's" suggesting that the two groups were not either one in the same, or happily supporting each other and/or working alongside each other, your statement is rather irrelevant to me.

    Mind you, I didn't JUST speak about murders either. Those who entered onto OUR sovereign soil of our embassies and stole our property were perpetrating mob like and destructive illegal activity.
    I agree, all those who rioted are complicit in the mayhem and the murderous activities that took place.

  9. #209
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    It was a CONSULATE in Benghazi... I don't know much, but the authorities seem to think the gunmen were a group of 20 who belong to an AQ cell located southeast of Tripoli. 4 have been arrested so far..

    Let me explain something to you.. I do NOT have a crystal ball and I wasn't there, so we can discuss this or you can take your snarky attitude and stick it where the sun don't shine.
    So, you don't have a clue who brought the rpg's and indirect fire weaponry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #210
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Nope, I think I will stick to the truth about you giving a pass to your side. Deal with it, sonny.

    So you have no argument to the topic, and want to derail the thread....I see.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •