Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 237

Thread: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

  1. #141
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,452
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Some Muslims made a movie about Muslims too. Great stuff! I gave it five crescents.

    SHAHEED E KUFA (FULL ISLAMIC MOVIE) URDU VERSION PART 22/22 - YouTube
    Have you looked at the piece of **** in question?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I was pretty clear.

    Not just the US friend, but any that refuse to convert to Islam or pay their dhimmi tax.

    Absolutely it is.

    I would say that those that condemn the current wave of terrorism, and caliphate against Israel, and the west would be speaking out....

    Why must progressives always take it to ridiculous extreme?
    Ok three questions about feasible of your solution:
    1) How do we tell who's condemning and not condemning?
    2) What do we do with those who aren't condemning?
    3) How does this play into our national values like free speech if we consider those people who had nothing to do with any attacks, but aren't speaking out against them, as the enemy?

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why must progressives always take it to ridiculous extreme?
    So we have had conservatives on this board say we should invade Islamic countries or even nuke them and you say progressives always take it to ridiculous extremes?

  4. #144
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,722

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I was driving home from work this morning listening to NPR and hear a story about this film and the story behind it, and what I heard was quite shocking and made me sick and angry.

    Where to start? Well firstly let me explain a few things, I'm going to trash this film and its producers and vile humans bent on creating violence and intolerance in the world for selfish and petty ends, and who probably take a sick pleasure in angering and degrading others. However, what I'm not going to is deny their freedom of speech which despite all the sickening aspects of their film they of course always have that right to say whatever they wish. Also, none of this should be considered a justification on the part of those who used this film as a reason for violence as much as it understandably angers them and even though many reports state its been used and blown out of proportion by extremists/fundamentalists in the Arab world as an excuse for their own petty political goals, like by claiming it is a big budget Hollywood movie to be shown across theaters in the USA. For example several reports state the riots in Cairo have been motivated by Salafists, a group devoted to an extreme fundamental vision of Islam, who see the west as their enemy and would love an opportunity like to cause violence and I'd bet my bank account to get someone killed by an American defending the embassy to create a martyr and another propaganda story to increase support for their movement.

    Apparently according to several experts who have seen this trailer, it the film has been deliberately made to be as insulting and degrading to Muslims as possible. Picturing Mohammed and the story of the Quran as a combination of the worst horrible inaccurate stories about the prophet throughout history, picturing him as a homosexual, child rapist, animal rapist, baptizer of animals, liar, thief, cheater, as a man who prances around with the most stereotypical "gay voice" you've ever heard, etc, etc.

    Anti-Islam Film Crafted To Provoke, Experts Say : NPR

    Going further its becoming clearer that some of actors and crew hired to produce this film had no idea what they were actually getting into, being told they were filming a movie called "Desert Warriors" about the adventures of a tribe of nomads in Egypt roughly 2,000 years ago.





    What We Know About 'Sam Bacile,' The Man Behind The Muhammad Movie : The Two-Way : NPR

    California Man Confirms Role In Anti-Islam Film : NPR

    The producer, who hasn't even been identified with 100% certainty, is an unknown perhaps a elderly Jewish man in California or a Coptic Christian Egyptian. But the man can't even come forward and claim his own message, preferring to lob his obscenities from the safety of anonymity where no one can challenge him directly, a complete coward if you ask me. And it appears the film's producers are not without a criminal past, one being convicted of bank fraud in 2010 and the other belonging to a Christian hate group.





    So my point is simply this: Its a sickening and horrible act to create speech with the deliberate attempt to provoke someone, or in this case a whole religion, to anger and violence. And while these men certainly have the freedom to produce this film, although not to manipulate their actors and crew, they should be seen for exactly who they are, as being trying to cause violence from the shadows, people who are forced to manipulate others because their message would never stand up to any but the most equally ridiculous critics.

    Likewise, the Muslims who were allowed themselves to be provoked, and the groups who used this as propaganda to manipulate others into violence have no one to blame but themselves for their own violence and they must be held accountable for their actions. Nothing justifies their actions.

    I challenge everyone to stop defending these people, quickly acknowledge their right to free speech and then do nothing but trash the hate spewing, instigators of violence and cowardly worms they really are. Men who thought their petty little games were worth the violence they surely knew may come from their actions, which resulted in the death of four Americans. If it were not for men like these, provoking others to violence for no reason other than some hate filled beliefs and sick pleasure in it, this would have never have happened, those Americans would be alive and the fundamentalists and extremists who are our enemy would not have a powerful propaganda tool to use to inflict damage and death upon America.
    I wanted to throw in the latest: it is said that the movie is not the catylist for the embassy attacks, but that it was thrown into the mix.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  5. #145
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So we have had conservatives on this board say we should invade Islamic countries or even nuke them and you say progressives always take it to ridiculous extremes?
    Sure, just read some of the strawman bs, and feckless, cowardly apologist crap that is posted by progressives in here...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #146
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Apologizing? I'm not an apologist unless you think joining the Army translate to an apology. The point I was trying to make was that just because you can say something because of free speech, doesn't give you the right for that speech to free of criticism. I am just as free to criticize this message as he is to make it.

    I blame the film makers for knowingly giving ammunition to our enemies, and I blame our enemies for using it against us. Make sense
    ?
    Makes not sense to me, you give equal blame to the film maker as the terrorist that murdered four of our Ambassadors. You make an apology to the terrorist for our freedom of speech, and because of our freedom of speech they found offense to a film and murdered four of our Ambassadors. No that does not make any sense to me. Here's what I say "**** them", if they don't like it, to damn bad.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sure, just read some of the strawman bs, and feckless, cowardly apologist crap that is posted by progressives in here...
    Yeah because calling for nuking entire countries and invading them just because their Islamic is a much more rational solution.

    Shall we also go into the idiotic social conservative views that coincide with 'Babies from rape are a gift from God" as well?

    You're comments are just partisan hackery as usual. The fact is BOTH sides have members with extreme views, but you choose to ignore your side's idiotic views.

  8. #148
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,167

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Have not seen the film, so I am reserving judgement.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Have you looked at the piece of **** in question?
    It was intended to be ironic.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: "Innocence of Muslims" the film that caused the protests

    The filmaker is an asshole for making making the film because he damn well knew the reprocussions that would happen from this and didn't care how many lives would be put in danger.

    The Muslims that are rioting over this are over-sensative idiots that need to learn that their religion is not free from criticism.

    The Muslim(s) that killed the ambassador need to be hunted down and shot.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •