Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 204

Thread: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

  1. #61
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Has your head been in a sack or something? Jobs have been turned from horrific monthly losses to solid monthly gains. GDP has gone from devastating declines to solid quarterly gains. Capacity utilization has gone from 66.8% to 79.2%. There isn't an economic indicator you can find that hasn't been turned around under Obama from the terrible shape it was in under Bush.
    Oh good God! 4 years and all you progressives have is to still blame Bush? I guess it just fine in America if you think that real unemployment numbers in the double digits are the norm, if you think that GDP growth flat, or less than 1% per year is what we should accept. This failure of a President, along with the self guilt of success that progressives project are exactly what turned the recession of 1932 forward into a full blown depression.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #62
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh good God! 4 years and all you progressives have is to still blame Bush?

    I guess it just fine in America if you think that real unemployment numbers in the double digits are the norm,

    or less than 1% per year is what we should accept. T

    his failure of a President, along with the self guilt of success that progressives project are exactly what turned the recession of 1932 forward into a full blown depression.
    It's called a contrast in order to demonstrate the sheer absurdity that lies behind the claim that Obama has ruined the economy or other nonsense of the sort. Looking at relevant figures without context or comparison is a fool's errand.

    Ignoring the continued and misleading use of the term "Real Unemployment", it's important to note that the U-6 figure currently resides around half a percentage point lower than it did in February of 2009, and around 2.5 percentage points higher than it's peak during October of 2009.

    You're tardy to the tune of about 3 years.

    Guilt of success is what caused the Depression? Not only is this claim laughably absurd, you seem to be under the impression that economic indicators took a downwards turn after 1932. Perhaps a slight bit of research on your part is due on both counts.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Has your head been in a sack or something? Jobs have been turned from horrific monthly losses to solid monthly gains. GDP has gone from devastating declines to solid quarterly gains. Capacity utilization has gone from 66.8% to 79.2%. There isn't an economic indicator you can find that hasn't been turned around under Obama from the terrible shape it was in under Bush.
    Unemployment is up since obama "turned the economy around" housing starts and values are down. Food stamp recipients and people on welfare are up and kids graduating from college can't find jobs. No way to spin this but nice try.

  4. #64
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Unemployment is up since obama "turned the economy around"
    The recession ended in Q3 of 2009, when unemployment still resided in the low to mid 9's. The only spin involved is actually claiming that the unemployment situation has gotten worse since said time period, a simple mathematical error.

  5. #65
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    It's called a contrast in order to demonstrate the sheer absurdity that lies behind the claim that Obama has ruined the economy or other nonsense of the sort. Looking at relevant figures without context or comparison is a fool's errand.
    Do me a favor, save the "context" BS....All that means to liberals, (even those whom won't disclose that they are libs), is that the massive spin is coming. No one said that Obama took a fine economy and ruined it, that is your strawman argument. What we are saying is that Obama has stagnated the recovery, if we are to even believe that we are in a recovery, maybe it was truly out of his control on that, maybe it was part of the "fundamental transformation of America" that he rode to election in '08....I don't know.

    Ignoring the continued and misleading use of the term "Real Unemployment", it's important to note that the U-6 figure currently resides around half a percentage point lower than it did in February of 2009, and around 2.5 percentage points higher than it's peak during October of 2009.

    You're tardy to the tune of about 3 years.
    The term of real unemployment is continued, and relevant because it is a fact...If you take all those people that were in the workforce in January of 2009 that have dropped out of even looking for work, then your real number would be around 16% unemployed, worse if you look at minorities. That's not U6 chicanery, that is just plain fact. Look, Obama can't run on achievements, and success, he can't run on foreign policy, he can't run on any plans going forward because American's have heard that lie before, and regardless of phony polls that are weighted in some cases 13% out of whack in favor of libs, Obama is really Carter redux...Get used to it.

    Guilt of success is what caused the Depression?
    You shouldn't misrepresent what I said, it is a dishonest tactic, and quite transparent.

    Not only is this claim laughably absurd, you seem to be under the impression that economic indicators took a downwards turn after 1932. Perhaps a slight bit of research on your part is due on both counts.
    Well, I hate to break it to you, but regardless of what your ultra liberal professors in your poly sci classes indoctrinated you to believe, FDR extended the great depression further than it needed to be live, and set in place the very disastrous policies of dependency that are breaking us today.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    The recession ended in Q3 of 2009, when unemployment still resided in the low to mid 9's. The only spin involved is actually claiming that the unemployment situation has gotten worse since said time period, a simple mathematical error.
    •An increase of 18 million people, to 46 million Americans now receiving food stamps;
    •A 122% increase in food stamp spending to an estimated $89 billion this year from $40 billion in 2008;
    •An increase of 3.6 million people receiving Social Security disability payments;
    •A 10 million person increase in the number of individuals receiving welfare, to 107 million, or more than one-third of the U.S. population;
    • A 34%, $683 billion reduction in the adjusted gross income of the top 1% to $1.3 trillion in 2009 (latest data) from its 2007 peak.


    Barack Obama assumed office on Jan. 20, 2009 with the 7 percent rate, which continued to grow to 9.4 percent in August 2010, a three-decade high, and only started to slowly go down throughout 2011 to 8 percent in January 2012 and now to 7.8 percent in February.

    Fact Check: Is unemployment rate higher since President Obama took office? | Connecticut 5th District

  7. #67
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    The recession ended in Q3 of 2009, when unemployment still resided in the low to mid 9's. The only spin involved is actually claiming that the unemployment situation has gotten worse since said time period, a simple mathematical error.
    Fact: Unemployment has been at or above 8% for 45 straight months....That sir is a failure....By Obama's own words he was supposed to have that number at 6% or lower by now.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #68
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Do me a favor, save the "context" BS....All that means to liberals, (even those whom won't disclose that they are libs), is that the massive spin is coming.

    What we are saying is that Obama has stagnated the recovery,

    if we are to even believe that we are in a recovery, maybe it was truly out of his control on that, maybe it was part of the "fundamental transformation of America" that he rode to election in '08....I don't know.



    The term of real unemployment is continued, and relevant because it is a fact...If you take all those people that were in the workforce in January of 2009 that have dropped out of even looking for work, then your real number would be around 16% unemployed, worse if you look at minorities.

    Obama is really Carter redux...Get used to it.


    You shouldn't misrepresent what I said, it is a dishonest tactic, and quite transparent.



    Well, I hate to break it to you, but regardless of what your ultra liberal professors in your poly sci classes indoctrinated you to believe, FDR extended the great depression further than it needed to be live

    and set in place the very disastrous policies of dependency that are breaking us today.
    No spin man, just pointing out the obvious flaw in straight line, point A to point B thinking while ignoring all circumstances and events in between. Most who gripe about laying the blame at the feet of the Bush administration are guilty of such thought processes (or lack thereof.)

    Hard to make such a claim, when the policies nearly universally derided from the right these days are credited with sparking what growth we experienced during the early stages of the recovery.

    Take a gander at the relevant indicators during the first stages of his presidency in contrast with the present day. It's quite obvious that there has been a recovery, albeit a rather anemic one of late.

    Hard to categorize the U6 numbers as a fact, or widely accepted for that matter. The figure didn't even come into being till the 90's, and has not been used as the official figure due to a variety of reasons. As stated previously though, even such a figure has improved rather markedly since the recession ended in Q3 of 2009, no matter the stipulations attached.

    In what way? Also, how much did the unemployment rate tick up during Carter's term?

    Sadly enough, no misrepresentation was necessary to derive such a conclusion, simply an accurate portrayal of your claim.

    Actually, no poly sci classes are necessary to refute such a notion, just a simple glance at historical accounts and relevant figures from said time period. One would customarily use economic indicators to demonstrate the worsening of economic conditions in lieu of oft repeated jargon.

    Not only was there a pressing need for federal intervention to alleviate legitimate misery during that time period, you've conflated social security with government dependency, while it is anything but.

  9. #69
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    •An increase of 18 million people, to 46 million Americans now receiving food stamps;
    •A 122% increase in food stamp spending to an estimated $89 billion this year from $40 billion in 2008;
    •An increase of 3.6 million people receiving Social Security disability payments;
    •A 10 million person increase in the number of individuals receiving welfare, to 107 million, or more than one-third of the U.S. population;
    • A 34%, $683 billion reduction in the adjusted gross income of the top 1% to $1.3 trillion in 2009 (latest data) from its 2007 peak.


    Barack Obama assumed office on Jan. 20, 2009 with the 7 percent rate, which continued to grow to 9.4 percent in August 2010, a three-decade high, and only started to slowly go down throughout 2011 to 8 percent in January 2012 and now to 7.8 percent in February.

    Fact Check: Is unemployment rate higher since President Obama took office? | Connecticut 5th District
    When one makes the statement "Since the economy turned around", the natural conclusion would be that the poster in question was referencing the end of a recessionary period. Also, your figures for the starting number are off by around a full percentage point.

  10. #70
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Fact: Unemployment has been at or above 8% for 45 straight months....

    That sir is a failure....By Obama's own words he was supposed to have that number at 6% or lower by now.
    Yes it has, although that doesn't alter the facts referenced earlier.

    Actually, that projection was authored by Christina Romer and Jared Bernstein, and was made with various disclaimers in tow, not the least of which the uncertainty surrounding the peak level of the recession.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •