Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 204

Thread: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

  1. #171
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    I am going to love asking Obama supporters like Cardinal Fang on Nov 7th, what happened when Obama looses, but sadly I get the impression he'll be gone or completely silent at that point.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    The actual recession of March-November 2001 grew out of an understandable crisis in confidence in this George W Bush guy and his extremist economic policies. The first signs of worry show up in declining gross private domestic investment in the second half of 2000, as the chance of this bumpkin actually becoming a candidate and potentially becoming President start to increase.


    So the 2001 recession was due to investors getting terrified after they nominated Bush. I have heard the strangest things in my life, but this is beyond ridiculous.

    Give me one reason why I should take you seriously.

  3. #173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,411

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am going to love asking Obama supporters like Cardinal Fang on Nov 7th, what happened when Obama looses, but sadly I get the impression he'll be gone or completely silent at that point.
    Something tells me that it is you that will be silent or crying "sour grapes" like in 2008. Romney is nothing but a GW Bush II and we wont' get fooled again. More tax cuts? He has to be kiddiing.

  4. #174
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Something tells me that it is you that will be silent or crying "sour grapes" like in 2008. Romney is nothing but a GW Bush II and we wont' get fooled again. More tax cuts? He has to be kiddiing.
    Broadening the tax base while doing away with favor based deductions is a sound method, and recommended by Bowles Simpson as well. You remember that right? That's the commission that Obama tasked to come up with recommendations then filed it in the circular file doing none of it....4 more years of the same would be a disaster for this country, the American people see that, and sorry to say, Obama knows it....He has already been scoping out new residences for purchase.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #175
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,411

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Broadening the tax base while doing away with favor based deductions is a sound method, and recommended by Bowles Simpson as well. You remember that right? That's the commission that Obama tasked to come up with recommendations then filed it in the circular file doing none of it....4 more years of the same would be a disaster for this country, the American people see that, and sorry to say, Obama knows it....He has already been scoping out new residences for purchase.
    Making the middle class pay more taxes while cutting their programs is a sure recipe for disasterous results. Taking more money from those that spend it all in the economy is self-defeating as all that extra money will come right out of consumer spending and the GDP. Another recession will be the result. Is that what you think we need?

  6. #176
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Making the middle class pay more taxes while cutting their programs is a sure recipe for disasterous results.
    That is a lie. Nothing the Romney/Ryan campaign is proposing will raise the taxes on the middle class. That is an Obama campaign distortion.

    Taking more money from those that spend it all in the economy is self-defeating as all that extra money will come right out of consumer spending and the GDP.
    Again, that is not what is being proposed. But if you want to hang your hat on the distortions that Axlerod feeds you instead of actually looking at it objectively then there is little I can do for you.

    Another recession will be the result. Is that what you think we need?
    I got news for you, projection is all Obama can do....You say that adopting a different course would send us into recession right? Well, that it directly the opposite of what the CBO says. In fact, they say that continuing what Obama is proposing we do, will plummet the US into a deeper recession than that which we supposedly just came out of....


    Today, CBO released its updated budget and economic forecast. The report shows that pending tax increases and arbitrary spending cuts would send the U.S. economy into another economic recession and drive the unemployment rate above 9 percent by the end of 2013. Only House Republicans have passed legislation to avoid this recession by stopping the tax hike and replacing the sequestration with common-sense spending reductions.

    CBO's Updated Budget and Economic Outlook - Democrat Inaction Will Cause Another Recession - GOP.gov
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    So the 2001 recession was due to investors getting terrified after they nominated Bush. I have heard the strangest things in my life, but this is beyond ridiculous.
    Not familiar with the impacts of "uncertainty", eh? Turn in your right-wing decoder ring and depart in disgrace.

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    Give me one reason why I should take you seriously.
    LOL! Give me a reason to believe that one more would matter.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Not familiar with the impacts of "uncertainty", eh? Turn in your right-wing decoder ring and depart in disgrace.
    I am quite familiar with uncertainty, and uncertainty has a large effect on the economy.

    However that does not make your retarded argument any better. And don't bring left or right into this debate. Both the left and the right disagrees with you here.

    LOL! Give me a reason to believe that one more would matter.
    You are right, it wouldn't.

    Such a shame though. You actually know a lot of facts, but you squander it by being extremly partisan. Because of that you will end up making worse analysis than people like Sarah Palin.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    I am quite familiar with uncertainty, and uncertainty has a large effect on the economy.
    Yet you bristle at the notion that a guy coming out of left field with a boatload of system destabilizing ideas in his head might engender enough apprehensive "large effect on the economy" to send it into a mild recession.

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    However that does not make your retarded argument any better.
    Aw, was it retarded?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    And don't bring left or right into this debate. Both the left and the right disagrees with you here.
    Who appointed you Bulgarian Judge? What are your bona fides for standing in for any side at all?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    You are right, it wouldn't.
    The streak continues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    Such a shame though. You actually know a lot of facts, but you squander it by being extremly partisan.
    Unfortunately, knowing all these facts makes it all but impossible to support anything that Republicans say or do. They are a lie-based community. I'm not going to get on board with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    Because of that you will end up making worse analysis than people like Sarah Palin.
    No one has ever paid Sarah Palin for economc research and analysis.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Yet you bristle at the notion that a guy coming out of left field with a boatload of system destabilizing ideas in his head might engender enough apprehensive "large effect on the economy" to send it into a mild recession.
    Yes, I think I made that quite clear that Bush presence did not cause the 2001 recession. If you want to read about what everyone apart from you thinks, then read here Early 2000s recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    No one has ever paid Sarah Palin for economc research and analysis.
    No one has paid you either.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •