Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 204

Thread: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

  1. #121
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Are you judging the official liberal position on one post?
    His post seemed to be made up completely of talking points meant to promote one side over the other: I doubt he's an actual plant, but he does seem to be a cheerleader. Never a good quality.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    His post seemed to be made up completely of talking points meant to promote one side over the other: I doubt he's an actual plant, but he does seem to be a cheerleader. Never a good quality.
    Everybody does that. You don't know him well. He is one of the better posters here.

  3. #123
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    No one should do it. Let's not check our critical thinking at the door (which is what saying Bush is the worst president ever while saying Obama is FDR) in order to forward partisan politics. If anything, that type of mindless hyperbole only hurts their position and implies that the otherwise solid viewpoint is irrational.

    But lol @ "everybody does that". Ya think that might be the problem?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    No one should do it. Let's not check our critical thinking at the door (which is what saying Bush is the worst president ever while saying Obama is FDR) in order to forward partisan politics. If anything, that type of mindless hyperbole only hurts their position and implies that the otherwise solid viewpoint is irrational.

    But lol @ "everybody does that". Ya think that might be the problem?
    Part of it.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Housing starts have been increasing and market inventory is down by nearly 25% year-over-year to roughly 6.5 months worth of sales. What's been most plainly lacking is first-time buyers, this due to a limited supply of homes at lower prices and overly restrictive lending practices.
    If the economy had come back as it should people would be snapping up houses at these bargain basement prices and housing starts would be on the rise.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    The ironic part..most of this is the fault of the GOP and the Bush administration.. they started the slide and it is damn hard to stop such a slide...
    You are deluded if you think it would be any different under democrat leadership. Secondly, the economic performance of a state is mostly dependent on state policies.

    California has seen average household income gone back to 1980 levels, poverty rates has risen to 17% and that is not adjusted for the high cost of living. Cost of living in California is 30% higher than US average. That means California has an average wage of 41K vs 50K US average. Also, that means poverty rate is actually around 20-25%. US average is 15%.

    Blaming it all on the GOP is not going to work.


  7. #127
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    You are deluded if you think it would be any different under democrat leadership. Secondly, the economic performance of a state is mostly dependent on state policies.

    California has seen average household income gone back to 1980 levels, poverty rates has risen to 17% and that is not adjusted for the high cost of living. Cost of living in California is 30% higher than US average. That means California has an average wage of 41K vs 50K US average. Also, that means poverty rate is actually around 20-25%. US average is 15%.

    Blaming it all on the GOP is not going to work.

    Eh what does this have to do with anything I said? Fact is the present, not the past.. the present downturn is the result of mostly GOP policies and George Bush with a bit of blame on Clinton.
    PeteEU

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Eh what does this have to do with anything I said? Fact is the present, not the past.. the present downturn is the result of mostly GOP policies and George Bush with a bit of blame on Clinton.
    It has precisely to do with that you said. You are blaming drop in living standards on GOP policies and Bush when democrat states like California are doing worse.

    Now you are blaming the downturn on the GOP. What was Democrats proposing that would avert the crisis in 2001-2005? Democrats like Barney Frank were claiming there was no housing bubble in 2005, and recommended congress to expand home ownership. Democrats like Maxine Waters and Gregory Meeks were saying "don't regulate Fannie Mae or Freddy Mac".

    The financial crisis would have happened under democrat leadership too. It was a collective failure, and it really shows your bias when you say otherwise. You should know better.

  9. #129
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    The average income for the top 400 richest leaches in the USA has never decreased since records have been kept.

    The only thing that has decreased for this elite group of pig troughing sociopaths, is their tax liability. For example, these top 400 greed freaks, paid 52% tax on an average income of 13 million dollars per year in the 1950s. By the the year 2007, these blood sucking elite criminals were earning over 300 million dollars per year each and paying just 18% tax.

    Now what person's efforts and skills require an hourly rate of pay of over $144,000?

    A reminder that the minimum wage in the USA is $7.15 per hour.
    Last edited by Klown; 09-27-12 at 05:32 AM.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: US Median Income Lowest Since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    The average income for the top 400 richest leches in the USA has never decreased since records have been kept.

    The only thing that has decreased for this elite group of pig troughing sociopaths, is their tax liabili. For example, these top 400 greed freaks, paid 52% tax on and average income of 13 million dollars per year in the 1950s. By the the year 2007, these blood sucking elite criminals were earning over 300 million dollars per year each and paying just 18% tax.
    That claim looks pretty false to me. Maybe you should do some research before you come with such absurd claims.



    Now what person's efforts and skills require an hourly rate of pay of over $144,000?
    Your are looking at it from the wrong perspective. It has nothing to do with what they deserve. It is about return on investment. Without Bill gates, you would not have windows or xbox. Without Sergey Brin and Larry Page you would not have google. These people create wealth for the country, and don't really have that much income compared to the wealth of the country. Their net worth increased by about 100 billion since 2010. The deficit is at 1000 billion. The net worth of all housing in the US is 30 trillion.

    You may not like it, but we need the rich.
    Last edited by Camlon; 09-27-12 at 05:56 AM.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •