Page 81 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1725

Thread: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate Benghazi leaves 4 dead, inc. U.S. Ambassador[W:939]

  1. #801
    User Clandestine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    03-16-14 @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    127

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    Of course the attack on the embassy is wrong and wont acheive anything except perpetuate more violence

    But for someone in the USA to moralise and condemn this event, after ignoring or even supporting the imperialist US militarism all around the world that has resulted millions of deaths, is nothing short of delusional and hypocritical.

    And to use your terminology, is US foreign policy and militarism "radical fundamentalism"?

    Or perhaps you cant see the crimes that are carried out in your name?

    I suppose I would be confused as well in that scenario!

    I think most people don't realize why the US consulate was a target for certain Muslims in Libya. I don't think people are conscious of the imperialistic (and sometimes aggressive, if not abusive and invasive) hand US has around the world. Documentaries, such as this recent one, is just the last straw, in what the Muslim world experiences as U.S. soft power. I don't condone this violence. I don't agree the US consulate/government should be a target for a documentary created by group of individuals.

  2. #802
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you about American Imperialism, but I am condemning their actions. The attack was barbaric.
    It was a criminal act that resulted in deaths

    The Iraqi invasion has resulted in 1.42 million civilain deaths and the theft of their energy resources.

    Lets keep some perspective here ladies and gentlemen

    And this is not to link the two crimes or to justify one or the other, merely to shine some perspective on the outrage of Americans at the slaughter of 4 inncoent people in a foreign embassy. The killing of innocent people is an everyday event in many nations, and the US military is responsible for those crimes. So where is the outrage?

    You shouldnt be confused on this point

  3. #803
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    But clearly he does know when to speak up. I am delighted that Romney defended American ideals while the one term Marxist headed off to another fund raiser.
    I couldn't believe he droned on and on in the middle of this crisis.. I saw something so petty and meanspirited that I had to look away.. It was "glee".

  4. #804
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    It was a criminal act that resulted in deaths

    The Iraqi invasion has resulted in 1.42 million civilian deaths and the theft of their energy resources.

    Lets keep some prospective here ladies and gentlemen

    And this is not to link the two crimes or to justify one or the other, merely to shine some prospective on the outrage of Americans at the slaughter of 4 inncoent people in a foreign embassy. The killing of innocent people is an everyday event in many nations, and the US military is responsible for those crimes. So where is the outrage?

    You shouldnt be confused on this point
    I agree that 1.42 million civilian deaths is horrible, it saddens me, but those were casualties of war, they were not intentional to my knowledge. The Ambassador and the three other civilians were attacked intentionally.

  5. #805
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine View Post
    I think most people don't realize why the US consulate was a target for certain Muslims in Libya. I don't think people are conscious of the imperialistic (and sometimes aggressive, if not abusive and invasive) hand US has around the world. Documentaries, such as this recent one, is just the last straw, in what the Muslim world experiences as U.S. soft power. I don't condone this violence. I don't agree the US consulate/government should be a target for a documentary created by group of individuals.
    You make some pertinent points

    This lack of awareness was also prevalent amongst the population of Nazi Germany during WW2

    They say we cannot see our own defects as well as those on others

  6. #806
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    I agree that the 1.42 million civilian deaths is horrible, it saddens me, but those were casualties of war, they were not intentional, as far as you and I both know. The Ambassador and the three other civilians were attacked intentionally.
    1.42 million civilian deaths on Iraq as a result of US attacks and an illegal invasion

    And you call this |terrible"???

    What was the justification of the war with IRaq?

    Why is the USA still in Iraq?

    Are you saying that 1.42 million civilian deaths is fine by you because they are casualties of a war carried out by your nation adn and its defense forces?

  7. #807
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Ambassador Chris Stevens was tortured before he was murdered by these savages who wage jihad for Allahs cause. Afterall they are only doing what is required of them. Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

    Chris Stevens right before they murdered him in Allahs name.
    Ambassador Chris Stevens.jpg

    Hows that Arab Spring working out for you now Mr President?
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  8. #808
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    My heart goes out to the families of victims.

    This is a moment for Americans to stand together.

  9. #809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    1.42 million civilian deaths on Iraq as a result of US attacks and an illegal invasion

    And you call this |terrible"???

    What was the justification of the war with IRaq?

    Why is the USA still in Iraq?

    Are you saying that 1.42 million civilian deaths is fine by you because they are casualties of a war carried out by your nation adn and its defense forces?
    Where's your link to those statistics. Interesting to note also that most of those civilian deaths were caused by other Iraqis, according to Wiki Leaks. Were you aware of that?
    Last edited by ChrisL; 09-12-12 at 09:44 PM.

  10. #810
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Ambassador Chris Stevens was tortured before he was murdered by these savages who wage jihad for Allahs cause. Afterall they are only doing what is required of them. Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

    Chris Stevens right before they murdered him in Allahs name.
    Ambassador Chris Stevens.jpg
    Hows that Arab Spring working out for you now Mr President?
    I'm going yo say your another stupid Muslim hater who's only knowledge comes from FOX News.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •