Page 62 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1725

Thread: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate Benghazi leaves 4 dead, inc. U.S. Ambassador[W:939]

  1. #611
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If you know that by putting a racist thug in the same cell as a defenseless Black man will result in his death then yes, you are culpable.
    Then continue the logic. A prominent hate preacher in the US, upsets the prominent hate filled terrorists in the ME. The result? The killing of four innocent Americans. Nearly all actions have a reaction.

    Paul
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  2. #612
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    The regions where I served add nothing to my original point.

    Paul
    Thanks for serving, Paul.

    I'm just a keyboard warrior while you are an obvious man of action.

  3. #613
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Well, what limits would you place on free speech?
    The same limits imposed by US law (as opposed to European). And no, I don't care if some news commentators makes stupid comments. As per US hate speech legislation, it's not a crime.

  4. #614
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    09-26-12 @ 10:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    139

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    No, what I have is a PhD (nearly) and my reading comprehension is undeniably fine given that.

    don't break your arm patting yourself on your back

  5. #615
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Then continue the logic. A prominent hate preacher in the US, upsets the prominent hate filled terrorists in the ME. The result? The killing of four innocent Americans. Nearly all actions have a reaction.

    Paul
    The logic stops there. The murderer is charged as well as the people who knowingly put the racist thug in the same cell.

    Now, using your analogy, we have to charge Muslims for murdering the US Ambassador, as well as three other members of the Embassy staff.

    Corporal punishment would seem to fit the crime, seeing as how this is an act of war we are discussing here.

  6. #616
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    I heard about this on the news. Too bad there are so many sicko psychos in the world.

  7. #617
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    [QUOTE=ecofarm;1060901695]No, what I have is a PhD (nearly) and my reading comprehension is undeniably fine given that.

    How many times?
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  8. #618
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The same limits imposed by US law (as opposed to European). And no, I don't care if some news commentators makes stupid comments. As per US hate speech legislation, it's not a crime.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't incitement to violence, defamation and fighting words crimes in the US? I believe they are. So, all you appear to be saying is, "I like the way we define and restrict the freedom of speech better than the way you do", even though no two countries in Europe have the same laws and even though I'm pretty certain you're not aware of the diversity of approaches to freedom of speech across Europe.

    To paraphrase your argument therefore: "U.S.A.,U.S.A! America, f*ck yeah!"
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  9. #619
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't incitement to violence, defamation and fighting words crimes in the US? I believe they are. So, all you appear to be saying is, "I like the way we define and restrict the freedom of speech better than the way you do", even though no two countries in Europe have the same laws and even though I'm pretty certain you're not aware of the diversity of approaches to freedom of speech across Europe.

    To paraphrase your argument therefore: "U.S.A.,U.S.A! America, f*ck yeah!"
    That's ignorant and incorrect. US hate speech law is different than Euro. You might not know the difference, and I'm not in the mood to explain it to you in this thread right now. Perhaps another time.

    I'll note that I am not a nationalist, and there are many aspects of legislation that I feel European law is better.

  10. #620
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Libya: Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambass

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    How many times?
    How do you respond when someone claims that you have a reading comprehension problem?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •